Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Financial Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here

Old 01-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Silver Wings

Thanked 19,229 Times in 6,824 Posts

Advertise Here

America stopping all involvement in wars reminds me of that joke about the lawyer's son.

The Father lawyer takes a vacation and leaves his son lawyer at the helm of the firm. When Dad returns, his son says "Dad, I cleared up all our cases while you were gone. Aren't you proud of me?

The Dad says "son, what the hell are we going to live on now.?" You're fired.

Disclaimer: The information I provide is my unaffiliated opinion and not reliable as financial advice. Past performance guarantees SHTF.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,774 Times in 1,992 Posts

There will be blood. I am not reffering to the movie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Bob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 02:30 AM
Patiently Waiting

Thanked 8,658 Times in 2,904 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL-DOT View Post
"And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet." Mathew 24:6
You know in Danial how it says "... and there shall be a time of trouble such as never has been since there was a nation even to that time", I get a really assured feeling that my silver and preps will pretty much be for naught.

Of course, no human being knows the future, but I'm pretty sure we're getting set up for such a time of trouble. When one considers the global economy's fragility, the obvious efforts by a powerful few for global governance... Well, you get the idea.

Humanity is the verge if a major paradigm shift, and without some major intervention (and such intervention will not be for the greater good), we're pretty much breeding the last generation now. I cannot imagine how my children will grow up in a peaceful and prosperous world. From here, it is simply a fantasy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jash For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 05:37 AM
Recent Blog: Meltup
Visit my blog :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRed View Post
Wow... I wish every American, right here and right now, would read that one statement and understand how profound it is.

Half of America is to stupid to get it or understand it

It wouldn't matter
Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,367 Times in 2,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash View Post
Humanity is the verge if a major paradigm shift, and without some major intervention (and such intervention will not be for the greater good)...
I would certainly agree with that. In the past with lower population densities, and slower and less pervasive communications, when people or countries didn't get along they could ignore each other.

Now we're crowded together, competing for resources, and constantly obliged to hear about and opine on each others affairs. That is a recipe for conflict, big and small.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Rhodesia WAS Nice...

Thanked 4,058 Times in 1,767 Posts

"Half of America is to stupid to get it or understand it"

You're optimistic...
The Following User Says Thank You to SnakeRanch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,074 Times in 1,457 Posts

You know, youth unemployment is pretty high all around the developed world...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spameggsbaconandspam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Chaos Inc.

Thanked 23,280 Times in 6,624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand View Post
"If there must be war, let it be in my time so that my children may have peace"
^ this, I have already experienced war, so if it is time then bring it now, I do not want my children to finish something my generation should have.

Welcome to reality......It's not immigration it's an invasion.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:01 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 7,499 Times in 3,975 Posts

When you have been struggling with this issue, and no one wants to listen, it is much like sharing the Gospel, you can't force people to believe no matter how many signs you show them.
After a while you just have to let it go and make your own preperations or the future.
On other threads I have noted that ,with all the division just with in this group, I don't see how we can expect to with-stand an invasion, should it occur.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,739 Times in 1,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
When you have been struggling with this issue, and no one wants to listen, it is much like sharing the Gospel, you can't force people to believe no matter how many signs you show them.
After a while you just have to let it go and make your own preperations or the future.
On other threads I have noted that ,with all the division just with in this group, I don't see how we can expect to with-stand an invasion, should it occur.
Division concerning opinions on scenarios that none of us truly know will or won't happen is one thing.

Most of the debate and discussion in here, while heated, is healthy and constructive. I have no problem admitting I have learned much from many folks in here some of whom I may disagree with.

Let some force "invade" and I guarantee the bitterest of seemingly hostile enemies in here would unite pretty quick.

The sooner we unite to repel the invader the sooner we could get back to infighting.
The Following User Says Thank You to NotARoleModel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 10:06 PM

Default Most people will not believe it till to late

That's going to be the problem.

We have seen riots in several countries over some of the changes their governments have PROPOSED. Minor changes that in reality Will NOT fix their problems.

Wait till there are no choices left but implementing these changes.

The riots WILL happen and there will be serious consequences.

This will just shut/slow down our commerce and make problems worse, speeding up the downward spiral.

When the situation stops being tolerable or being "workable" is the real issue at hand. People had better be where they want to be to ride this out because by then it will be too late. (How many of you have all the guns, ammo and accessories you need or want???). Case in point.

We're working towards this - just need to speed it up.

And, unless you are quite young now, you most likely will not live long enough to see a resolution that is somewhat similar to the lifestyle we now have, if that is even possible from where we are now at.

These things tend to take many years to resolve, if not decades. And I tend to be optimistic.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 PM
I'll bring the rope.

Thanked 2,206 Times in 766 Posts
Default We are a small, elite demographic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
There hasn't been a straight up knock-down, drag-out fight between major world powers since WW2.....I hate to think how that would pan out today.
We would lose. My grandma is 100 and still kicking. I look at her and contrast the character and resilience I see there with the vacuous, hollow, slacking neck-bearded hipster toolboxes that surround us, and it does not give me confidence.

However, reading the comments here DOES give me confidence. I've come to believe folks like us are the last best hope. Folks that have steeled themselves for the coming, inevitable privation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I Buried My Guns For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 AM
Silver Wings

Thanked 19,229 Times in 6,824 Posts

I worry about another black swan on home soil.

A container slipping into some port. Or a coordinated effort with two or more containers. The face of war has changed compared to the conventional wars that our Father's fought. If we wake up tomorrow morning and a couple of cities are gone, that would be very, very bad for the economy and social life in general. People would shut down. They would not send their kids to school, all kinds of panic. It could kick off a financial collapse at this very delicate time in our economic history.

I read a scenario I think by Clancy where a fission weapon in like say the port of Houston would not only cause the usual devastation, but a highly radioactive steam cloud that would be lethal to anything in it's path. The horrors would be unimaginable. Only our oldest generation have seen devastation like that. These things are what make me avoid living in the cities. And lie awake at night hoping tomorrow isn't the day ...

Disclaimer: The information I provide is my unaffiliated opinion and not reliable as financial advice. Past performance guarantees SHTF.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to txflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 13,128 Times in 4,388 Posts

Flyboy - the nice thing about black swans (if you can call it that), is that no one sees where it's coming from. The very nature of a black swan, is that it's unexpected and unforeseen. However, our buddy who wrote that book (I can never remember his name - ah! Roubini)... has pointed out that the level of fragility in our economic system, in the dysfunction of our political system, and our societal degradations... the level of fragility is so high - that it won't take a very big or scary black swan to trigger the full-on avalanche.

It could be something really small - akin to the "last straw" - that sets it off. Not a whole lot we can do about the big swans... but we deal with the smaller swans every day, in our personal lives.

I'm thinking it may be time to prioritize protecting ourselves - as best we can, with what we've got - financially... from perhaps a whole flock of smallish, seemingly non-threatening, black swans. That we can do ourselves - we don't need anyone else to help us or "fix" it for us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sacajawea For This Useful Post: