Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Manmade and Natural Disasters
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 01-11-2013, 06:28 PM

Advertise Here

I work in 2 hospitals and am around flu all the time. My doctor has me on 15,000 IU of D3 and 3,000mg Vitamin C to help in boosting my immune system against the flu. I've been told that research has shown that the flu hits when the populations D3 levels are the lowest. Notice more doctors are testing for their patients D3 level when they go in for physicals. Practice frequent handwashing, get plenty of rest, stay out of crowds as much as possible and eat well avoiding a lot of sweets and things that drag down your immune system.

The flu hit hard here last week for the first round. [I] hear a more virulent strain is on the east coast and headed our way. Stay healthy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CanineDozer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 PM
cannin' apricots

The CDC said the "E" (epidemic) word today.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...ortions-in-us/
Old 01-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,553 Times in 874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddysdaddy View Post
The CDC said the "E" (epidemic) word today.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...ortions-in-us/
Cha Ching!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Pffft

Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania. They have put a tent outside of the hospital to treat those with the flu.

We have had two deaths as a result from the flu in our area. An 8 month old and a 14 year old. Sad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mudslinger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2013, 02:21 PM
An Awesome Dude

Thanked 3,226 Times in 1,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHER
do we really need that flu shot? my local chain store pharmacy offers em year round, seems weird to me
I believe this is how its spread MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE!! (Especially the nasel spray)

You can get the flu from someone who has put this posion into them!!

I dont think its strange that alot of people WHO DONT put the poison into them,OFTEN GET THE FLU around the time all the sheeple are getting the shot!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Pffft

Here is a link I found from the "Survival Doc". His flu shot is vitamin D7. learn why. Its 100% free info. He has a bunch of good advice.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mudslinger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,553 Times in 874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
We have had two deaths as a result from the flu in our area. An 8 month old and a 14 year old. Sad.
A couple of the sick or elderly probably died today of bed sores too.......
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 AM

Had it for 2 weeks, sucks!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 AM

I thought it had cleared up. I was wrong. Thursday I started showing signs of it, now it's setting in again
Old 02-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Red Dot Patrol

Thanked 7,193 Times in 2,196 Posts

Until 10 years ago, I became ill with the flu and whatever was going around every single year. As if that wasn't bad enough, I would then have a cough that would persist for 3 months. I have an inherited suppressed immune system. My children have a similar predisposition.

Ten years ago, one of my cousins came home from Guam and showed us how to make colloidal silver. Apparently, the whole world uses it, with the exception of the USA, because the pharmaceutical companies are adamantly telling us that they have better products for us to take. Such as antibiotics and cold remedies with zinc. Since learning to make my own colloidal silver and taking it when I get a tickly throat or sinus, I have not had a cold or the flu in 10 years.

Back in the 1970's, I worked as a medical transcriber. Part of my daily typing was to type the birth deliveries for the hospital. Every single baby had silver nitrate drops put in their eyes to kill ANY bacteria that the baby came in contact with in the birth canal.... I am talking about gonorrhea and any other STD that might have been there. STD's in the birth canal can cause a baby to go blind. So, it was very important that every infant born received those silver nitrate drops in their eyes..... Then, along came Neosporin and Big Pharma convinced the hospitals that it was a much better application..... plus it cost 10 times as much.

Also, at that time, I was married to a physician who recalled that when he was a young boy, everybody used 'silver water' to cut down on bacteria. Both of his grandparents were doctors and, they naturally, had a good supply of it on hand. My aunts remember purchasing it at the local drug store when they were young, back in the 30' and 40's.

Antibiotics can be life saving, but if there is something else just as good for the flu or a cold, without the dangerous side effects of antibiotics, then why not take it? The World Health Organization states that 20,000 people die every year from antibiotic use. That's a scary figure. No one has ever died from colloidal silver. People do have bad reactions to zinc, but not silver. 3 or 4 people have developed a bluish tinge to their skin when they took up to 100 times the amount they were supposed to take. Be sensible and take it as directed and you'll be fine.

The whole world still uses it. You can be sick and miserable or you can learn how to make it and keep yourself healthy. CS is especially good for cuts, scrapes and burns. That's why bandaging for burns now has nano particles of silver embedded in it. Prior to that, a medical cream called Silvadene was and is still used.

Big Pharma cannot patent anything that has been in common use. That's why they try to scare us away from it. However, they can make money off antibiotics. Doctors today know nothing about colloidal silver, because medical books don't have any information about it.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Red Dot Patrol

Since shopping carts are so germy, I keep my gloves on my hands from the time I leave the house, until I return. That's because I know I will not touch my face, rub my nose or move my hair, if I have on my gloves. Antibacterial solutions don't usually kill germs on contact, they may need up to 10 minutes to do so.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Tuned in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavey View Post
I thought it had cleared up. I was wrong. Thursday I started showing signs of it, now it's setting in again
Just FYI, you may have a secondary bacterial infection. See a doctor if you haven't already.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Tuned in

I've been out all week because of the flu. It's sucks, though I've had it worse.

Just a reminder to everyone - I've been skimming this thread and people have been talking about antibiotics - that only helps if you have a bacterial infection. Virus != bacteria. Tamiflu can help sometimes (prescription required). My doctor actually gave me a prescription for antibiotics but that's only if a secondary infection takes hold. I think that confuses people. When a flu "comes back" it's often a secondary bacterial infection.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Red Dot Patrol

Here's another real simple thing that gets one over a bacterial or viral event. Keeping your body pH in the normal zone or even on the alkaline side. I used that approach to quell a root canal infection and it worked. Apparently, bacteria and viruses cannnot survive in an alkaline environment. But, they thrive in an acidic one. So, if you have a cold, drink LOTS of water with lemon concentrate w/o sugar. I put a tablespoon of lemon concentrate in 12 oz of water and then I stir in Stevia sweetener. Don't use sugar, as it is highly acidic and will defeat the purpose.

Ever since the root canal problem, I eat an apple every day tokeep me alkaline. The weird thing is that my heartburn went away, too. I haven't taken Rx heartburn meds since I started the alkaline diet. I guess there's a reason for the old saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away."