Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Health, Fitness and First Aid
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 01-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,750 Times in 1,151 Posts

Advertise Here

They say the virus used in the flu shot is dead and cannot give you the flu. This confuses me. If its dead and cannot infect you how can it help you. Dead is dead, no resurrection from Dead. Some Drs are pushing it maybe to make money. There would be a big monetary loss if the vaccine was not used up especially for the govt who subsidizes the manufacturer of these vaccines. Its an individuals choice to either get it or not. This is my 2nd year without one. Hubby got his while at a Drs appointment for something else.
The Following User Says Thank You to bunny For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,554 Times in 875 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastornator View Post
In response to your rather rude comment I'll only say that we (my wife and I) did not take the vaccine and we DO have the flu right now.

sir since you are new I will apologize If my comment seemed rude....your comment of "Not really well thought out IMHO" took me the wrong way

Some of us have researched the issues for years(16 for me) and have not come up w/ our conclusions haphazardly
The Following User Says Thank You to 12vman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 PM
VIP Member

I have gotten a flu shot for about five years now and have never had the flu and do not have it now, and I work part time in a comic book store with socially dysfunctional people who don't cover their mouth when they cough and rarely wash their hands, I will never go without it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prime Oddity For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Baal Sheeple

Thanked 14,309 Times in 5,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny View Post
They say the virus used in the flu shot is dead and cannot give you the flu. This confuses me. If its dead and cannot infect you how can it help you. Dead is dead, no resurrection from Dead. ...
Viruses are not life like bacteria or cell based organisms. They are strands of nucleic acids that invade a living cell and cause it to manufacturer more copies of the virus. If you want to understand how viruses work you should do some research about them. The field of virology is very interesting but beyond my pay-grade to describe.

Here's a start. http://science.howstuffworks.com/lif...irus-human.htm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattB4 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Prepared

Each year they have to anticipate what the next strain is going to be like. Some years they get it right. This year they got it about 60% right.

That not bad considering what they have to do to even get it that close.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BHump For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 10:52 PM
prepping pimp

Thanked 1,717 Times in 475 Posts

everyone that i know that got sick took the flu shot, everyone includeing my family and me that did not take the shot is perfectly fine. **** the shot, weakens your bodys ability to do its job
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John J. Rambo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Go Forward With Courage.

Thanked 6,670 Times in 2,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/...13.htm#protect

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/10/h...ills.html?_r=0

http://www.localnews8.com/lifestyle/...z/-/index.html

That simply does not add up; to me anyway. I saw one article that I cannot find that said that this particular strain has become resistant to Tamiflu. Also, if 112 million have had the shot how can there be such a massive infection rate unless the flu shot does not match the prevalent strain?
I find it funny that since 1976 for me and 1988 for the wife with neither of us vaccinated and her working as a Teacher up until 2010 that neither of us has had a flu in 25yrs. Colds are not often either.

No I don't want it either. But do vaccines actually work or is it that if you do take the jab and do not get the flu you figure it was the vaccine that prevented it?

And now we see folks getting the jab-which is toxic by the way and getting the flu and we say what? Oh Gee, how do we account for that?
UGH..Evil Spirits?

Another thing, news says epidemic with 20 dead. In the US every single year between 106,000 and 130,000 people DIE from prescription errors or bad drugs and no one gets their panties in a bunch going screaming on the TV News EPIDEMIC? I see some great hypocrisies here!

It is an epidemic of Biblical proportions at 20 dead if the drug companies are pushing the jab and Tamiflu but when their drugs are needlessly killing between 1,060,000 and and 1,300,000 in a decade we fail to make anything of it? Excuse me... Really?

20 people out of 317 million dead and that is an emergency? What are we insane? How many die on the highways a day or doing something stupid?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 10 Bears For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2013, 12:18 AM
VA / NC

Thanked 15,237 Times in 6,022 Posts

It is not full proof, but gives one about a 60% less of a chance of getting the flu according to this story which sounds about right. Of course many other factors come into play like how many in your area have the flu and spread it among others.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/186495001.html

Don't think companies "getting rid of their stock" is a problem. Many doctors, etc in this area are out, and only receive small shipments when they do get some.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,213 Posts

the flu shot is made up of particular proteins from the strains they predict will be most prevalent. it's not a complete virus, dead or alive. that is why you cannot got the flu from the vaccine. they do it that way to allow for our immune system to react to it and build up antibodies for when or if the real virus hits us.
also, be aware that the shot is typically only good for about 90-120 days at best. so if you got your flu shot back in Sept or early Oct, that could be part of the reason you are getting the flu or flu symptoms now.
those stricken with genuine influenza usually end up hospitalized for treatment. the rest of us are just getting common colds, sinus infections, or upper respiratory infections which can also be bacterial in nature with the nearly the same symptoms.
at least this is how i've always understood the flu season.

Last edited by strvger; 01-12-2013 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: corrected language
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strvger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2013, 01:39 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,293 Times in 2,070 Posts

It is an educated guessing game, you pulled the "go directly to jail" card in the pile of Chance cards.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by strvger View Post
it's not a complete virus, dead or alive. that is why you cannot got the flu from the immunization.

those stricken with genuine influenza usually end up hospitalized for treatment. the rest of us are just getting common colds, sinus infections, or upper respiratory infections which can also be bacterial in nature with the nearly the same symptoms.
at least this is how i've always understood the flu season.
This argument is flawed. It's not an immunization. I would call it a vaccine.

I also didn't know you needed to be hospitalized for the flu. My 8 & 9 year olds had it (varified by doctor) (doc tried to get the rest of the house to take the shot or nose spray including my 1 yr old, told him to shove it......no one else in the house got the flu) and they just stayed at home. Must be super kids.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Poppin' mags

Thanked 1,828 Times in 908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
That simply does not add up; to me anyway. I saw one article that I cannot find that said that this particular strain has become resistant to Tamiflu. Also, if 112 million have had the shot how can there be such a massive infection rate unless the flu shot does not match the prevalent strain?
Actually it makes a lot of sense. The CDC can't travel back in time and tell themselves a year ago which strain of flu was going to become prominent during the 2012-2013 flu season. Each vaccine only holds two strains so they have to choose carefully based on which ones they think will be biggest. It takes months to design a vaccine, grow it, pack it up and distribute it. All of this has to be done far in advance, so they just sort of have to guess based on historical trends, sampling and dumb luck.

People are going to get infected regardless, but it will not be as severe or as numerous as if there were no vaccinations at all. Furthermore, the effect is cumulative, so you build a lot of resistance over time if you get the vaccine every year. It may also help to reduce the severity of other viruses, simply by virtue of making your immune system more active.

Vaccines are not bad for you and are really effective as part of a larger strategy of keeping yourself healthy. It's a great way to keep your immune system active and on its toes because it probably doesn't normally encounter many threats. Most flu vaccines distributed this year are of the single-dose variety, which do not contain thiomersal (which was never proven to have any negative side effects, anyway).

I get a flu shot every year, and am also getting a shot for pneumonia and shingles, even though I'm a long way from needing either. I've been fortunate enough to not have so much as a cold for several years in a row. Of course, I also eat extraordinarily well, get regular exercise, don't smoke, take vitamins, completely avoid junk food, etc, etc...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to korbas For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrep View Post
This argument is flawed. It's not an immunization. I would call it a vaccine.

I also didn't know you needed to be hospitalized for the flu. My 8 & 9 year olds had it (varified by doctor) (doc tried to get the rest of the house to take the shot or nose spray including my 1 yr old, told him to shove it......no one else in the house got the flu) and they just stayed at home. Must be super kids.
language corrected.
notice i said "usually" in regard to hospitalization. it's usually a question of fever control and dehydration and needing iv fluid supplements. or complications involving other organs arising from an overwhelmed immune system. this year many of the deaths are children. immune systems take time to develop. sometimes it is the aged who are hit hardest as their systems have weakend over the years. so much depends on the strain of the primary influenza virus that is circulating.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Baal Sheeple

Thanked 14,309 Times in 5,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strvger View Post
.. this year many of the deaths are children. immune systems take time to develop. sometimes it is the aged who are hit hardest as their systems have weakend over the years. ...
While this generally is the case, being in good health does not stop a person from dieing from the flu. I seen this week on the news a healthy young man barely 20 that died and a active 14 year old girl. That is what you risk from getting the flu.

The big flu pandemic of the world war was especially bad because it killed healthy adults. Their healthy systems attacked the flu so strongly versus the people with week or compromised immune systems.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Target Shooter

Flu epidemic strikes millions of Americans already vaccinated against the flu - http://www.naturalnews.com/038648_fl...nes_shots.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craigevil For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Go Forward With Courage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigevil View Post
Flu epidemic strikes millions of Americans already vaccinated against the flu - http://www.naturalnews.com/038648_fl...nes_shots.html
Do they get a Refund? Is there a warranty? A guarantee? Free treatment? Anything? Looks like a scam to me! Pay your money and get AIR.

Vaccine protection fades after a few months says the CDC. Are they admitting to a fraud? This vaccine must not be a vaccine at all! This vaccine must not actually cause the body to react with producing its own antibodies because those antibodies we’re told, offer lifetime immunity. I smell a Profit Motive!

Survival-ism demands a questioning if not suspicious mind and not allowing people to just spoon feed you their version of the truth. For far too long Sheeple have taken the word of "authorities" like conditioned school kids only to later find their health, money, jobs, homes and even lives in peril.

At what point if any do you do in depth research especially when it comes to injecting yourself? At what point do you really protect yourself and your family? At what point do you admit that you have grazed on lies all of your life simply because it is too much trouble to challenge DIS-INFORMATION?

Poppycock you say? Look at the man we relied on to tell us all vaccines do not cause Autism and that they work and are effective.
CDC vaccine scientist who downplayed links to autism indicted by DOJ in alleged fraud scheme

http://www.naturalnews.com/032216_Thorsen_fraud.html

A must read!
http://www.naturalnews.com/files/Web...eged-Fraud.pdf

CDC warns Americans to prepare for zombie apocalypse (really)

Flu Vaccines, pharma fraud, quack science, the CDC and WHO -- all exposed by Richard Gale and Gary Null

CDC Laboratories Revealed as Incapable of Accurate Count of H1N1 Influenza Infections, Deaths

CDC now calling U.S. households and demanding child immunization records as part of vaccine surveillance and tracking program

CDC caught in blatant lies about pandemics and vaccines

Former head of CDC lands lucrative job as president of Merck vaccine division (opinion)

The drug companies DO Not Want You To Think... Just Do It!
Believe Believe Believe... Be paranoid! Be scared by our tactics! Believe our Trolls sent out to every forum where people question the fraud of science gone mad! Stop drinking the Koolaid folks..It's deadly!

Here's a direct quote from the story: Tom Jefferson, a physician based in Rome and the head of the Vaccines Field at the Cochrane Collaboration, a highly respected international network of researchers who appraise medical evidence, says: "For a vaccine to reduce mortality by 50 percent and up to 90 percent in some studies means it has to prevent deaths not just from influenza, but also from falls, fires, heart disease, strokes, and car accidents. That's not a vaccine, that's a miracle."
See these at-http://www.naturalnews.com/032216_Thorsen_fraud.html

Also-http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/03/copenhagen-police-investigating-autism-vaccine-researcher-dr-poul-thorsen-for-fraud.html

Survive..question and survive.
The Following User Says Thank You to 10 Bears For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM

What do you guys think about vitamins and such to help boost your immune system?

For example, me and the missus have been taking anywhere from 600mg to 1.2g of Vitamin C daily on top of our vitamin supplements (we both work, hard to get it all from food). We also eat a good amount of vegetables and I juice. Neither of us have *knock on wood* gotten sick yet.

But I've also made it a habit to wash my hands frequently and clean anything we touch that comes into contact with a dozen or more people a day. Idk. I figure, people did just fine years ago before the flu shot. People still die now with the flu. I believe if it's your time to go, you will - if not, you'll be ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrSlacker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Getting There!

Thanked 10,902 Times in 4,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by korbas View Post
Actually it makes a lot of sense. The CDC can't travel back in time and tell themselves a year ago which strain of flu was going to become prominent during the 2012-2013 flu season. Each vaccine only holds two strains so they have to choose carefully based on which ones they think will be biggest. It takes months to design a vaccine, grow it, pack it up and distribute it. All of this has to be done far in advance, so they just sort of have to guess based on historical trends, sampling and dumb luck.
Sure. I realize the process in creating vaccines, but it is for three, rather than two different viruses. That's in the first CDC link that I posted.

What doesn't make sense to me is the articles that I linked to which claim the CDC says the 2012-2013 vaccine is a very good match for the predominant virus that's sending hoards to hospitals. If it's a good match why are hoards going to hospitals with the predominant flu virus?
The Following User Says Thank You to REM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Go Forward With Courage.

Your immue system can stop cancer in it's tracks but is dependent on what goes in your mouth as food. Of course you need vitamins. D3 is really important to evade sickness of all kinds.. But you must mineralize too.. You body must get ongoing what it needs all of the time.

Foods can make us ill or kill us outright or over time if it is nutritionally DEAD. Table Salt for instance is mostly sodium and a killer while Celtic or natural seas salts mineralize the body and are low in sodium. One causes edema and high blood pressure while the other supports the immune system.

Vitamin C-a natural antibacterial agent with no horrible side effects.
But you might use Rose Hips to get vitamin-C because pound for pound it has far more Vitamin C than those synthetic C pills. I take 3 grams a day and also eat citrus or drink 100% nothing added orange juice.

You need to learn about your body by doing some work instead of waiting to get sick and having some profit driven MD gut you out.

Aint seen an MD in 20 years. No plans to either and I'm healthy... How do I know? I feel great and am a horn dog with the wife at near 60. No drug zone!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 10 Bears For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlacker View Post
What do you guys think about vitamins and such to help boost your immune system?

For example, me and the missus have been taking anywhere from 600mg to 1.2g of Vitamin C daily on top of our vitamin supplements (we both work, hard to get it all from food). We also eat a good amount of vegetables and I juice. Neither of us have *knock on wood* gotten sick yet.

But I've also made it a habit to wash my hands frequently and clean anything we touch that comes into contact with a dozen or more people a day. Idk. I figure, people did just fine years ago before the flu shot. People still die now with the flu. I believe if it's your time to go, you will - if not, you'll be ok.
I am a huge believer in vitamins. I haven't got the flu shot in 8 years (Air Force made us get them) and haven't had the flu in 8 years. I drink a lot of the V-8 juices which have some vitamins in them and I take a multivitamin daily, along with 600mgs of vitamin C and echinacea.

I think the flu shot is always for last years flu and therefore not very relevant. The drug companies have no way of knowing what next years strain will be.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OregonKevin For This Useful Post: