Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 05-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Left SB 2/28/2010 :)

Advertise Here

Part of my preps is a pepper-spray antidote kit. It consists of whole milk, one gallon of water and Dawn dish soap. Look up the formula online. I recommend this for anyone who plans on walking home after a major event, when you will encounter law enforcement or citizens so armed. You simply don't know what people will do when they're desperate, and you can bet that all women with pepper spray in their purses will be letting it fly, as soon as panic sets in.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Gott Mit Uns

Thanked 1,535 Times in 809 Posts

One thing to keep in mind is that cross contamination happens more than you think. The bad guy get sprayed but you get it in your eyes/nose/mouth. It does help to know the effects before hand as it helps ease the initial panic and improves your performance. Everybody who carries it on our dept. has to take a spray in the face first. just food for thought.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Prepared

I suggest Fox Labs Pepper spray . Have a look. (I've ordered things from Defense Devices a number of times and they have excellent customer service.)

*I have the 2oz.*Cop Top* can, which is great in a time of panic- there is NO doubt or mixup as to which way to point.

*I have the stream spray, rather than the fog, since I've noticed that many of the places I might need to use it seem to be a bit on the windy side (e.g. parking lots up on hills).

***I also suggest the practice can. As with any self-protection tool, it pays to become as familiar as possible with it through practice.

* DEFINITELY some decontamination wipes, AND the instruction manual, which has some great pointers you might not normally consider for self-protection.

I also have their cheapy hoster (fake leather). It has a belt clip, and I like that the flap doesn't have to be opened to use the spray. It keeps the can in a ready to use position, while preventing the can from being sprayed unintentionally.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:12 AM
One of YHVH's sheep

Thanked 21,597 Times in 8,549 Posts

I never cosidered using it in a mob siduation like people trying to raid your house for food. Good idea. I can dig it!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:14 AM
One of YHVH's sheep

Thanked 21,597 Times in 8,549 Posts

I have one of those super soker water canons. LOL For a mob, it might work great. My luck though would be to get myself w/ it even worst :P
Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM

Currently the hottest pepper spray on the market is Wildfire Pepper Spray. Sprayed my gun crazy friend with this and his 270lb a** went down like a ton of bricks.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:36 AM

It is really a good one. Since it is useful both to humans and animals as well. Aside from that it is very handy and you can have it with you anywhere. And based on experience, this is very effective. I also purchased one, as a self defense weapon, since I used to travel most of the time.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:51 AM

Anybody know any thing about the Kimber Pepper Blaster? The one that does not use a pressurized can but instead shoots the pepper charge out via some type of small "blank" charge.

It eliminates any leakage problems as it is all dry. Also a can of spray in a car in the Florida sun may at times be a bomb itself.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:54 AM

I carry the kimber pepper blaster in an old cell phone case, clipped to my belt, daily. the spray exits at 90 mph, so will get by glasses and cannot be dodged. also less chance of spraying yourself, no blow back. Another choice is the mace pepper spray gun, also shoots a stream up to a distance of 25 feet. and is refillable, has test cartriges.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:25 AM
The POWER of Knowledge...

Default Have you considered wearing a Pepper Ring?

I think a great option for you would be a pepper spray ring, also known as “The Stunning Ring”. This is one pepper spray that is always with you, literally (you're wearing it on your finger). That way you can open the door with your personal defense weapon always at hand, without raising suspicion: others will think it is simply a ring, not a self defense weapon.

The Stunning Ring will cause inflammation of the eye capillaries and all other mucous membranes, resulting in immediate temporary visual impairment, difficult breathing, coughing, choking, sneezing, severe burning sensations to the eyes, nose, throat and skin, and nausea, with acute symptoms and discomfort lasting for 45 minutes.

Please keep in mind that this ring should only be used as your first line of defense (it only has two or three one second bursts and has a limited firing range: 12 inches). But it is definitively better that being unarmed and or having to reach for a weapon that is stored elsewhere. The pepper ring will help you “stun” your attacker, giving you time to escape or to reach for your other weapon.

Not recommended for bear attacks, though. Get a Bear Repellent instead. I would recommend the Guard Alaska Bear Spray: it is the only one registered with the EPA as a repellent for ALL SPECIES of bears.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,897 Times in 1,600 Posts

Heh, now this thread's got me thinking about buying about 4 of those Fox Labs pepper spray grenades.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:52 PM

a 2-3 second blast of oc spray in the face lasted me almost one whole hour
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 PM

Thanks for the info on the Kimber PepperBalster. I've been thinking of getting one for me and my wife.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:43 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,398 Posts

pepper spray is awesome. fox labs. I love em, after doing quite a bit of research on pepper sprays fox is pretty much the only one i trust. I also spoke with Edward Ferguson(president of fox labs) VIA e-mail once and he filled me in on a lot on how OC works, how their formula is made and how company's use BS technical jargon to make theirs sound the best.

educate yourself like in all things, nothing should ever be spur of the moment buy because of what you learn not because of what you are told.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM

i bought 3 cans of UDAP Bear Spray Deterrent, supposed to be 30% stronger and shoot 30% further, keep them in vehicles, if i use one i'll give you a report. they are reported to send grizzly bears down the road, should work for a zombie...