Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Hiker

Default So the world didn't end, as you thought it would...

Advertise Here

and you're all lachrymose and mournful, dismayed and disappointed. After all the dark powers of prognostication and destruction the Friends of Jimmy Kellar and Company could summon, this stupid old world is still here...

But why give up? We've only scratched the surface. Why not give a good look at the original 'apocalyptic' treatise, the Bible? Start in Revelation; you can read the entire book in an hour or so, easily. Then hie on back to the gospels, Matthew chapter 24, Mark chapter 13, and Luke chapter 21. Give'em a read and see what you've missed vis a vis the end of the world and all that is in it.

But bear in mind, you'll be reading stuff that predates the Mayans by a bunch, and that leaves Nostradamus and Cayce in the dust of the minor leagues.

And no, you do not have to let your friends and family know you're doing so. That way, you won't have to bear the jeers, sniping and condenscension they would naturally cast upon anyone who would deign the read the Bible.

Are you man enough, woman enough? Well, we'll see...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shotgunbill For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Recent Blog:
Wendigo

Thanked 33,839 Times in 10,799 Posts

Huh ? I cant seem to follow that post that well. Is this like a mocking post about 2012 believers while at the same time saying that the real smart people will believe what is said in the bible as the end of times ?

Sorry not to sound rude, I dont get it. ???????
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Limping Crow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Hiker

Nope, no mocking, no attempt to sound superior, nor didactic.

It's just that with everything else that's been tried, insofar as determining the events surrounding the end of everything...and they've all been proven false, so,

Why not look at the bible? It has an exhaustive description of the events leading up to the end. It gives forecasting signs, and leaves little to the imagination to anyone who reads it with even a modicum of acceptance or honest interest. And it spares no one's feelings inasmuch as the power of destruction and the death attending these things are concerned.

I've noticed, over the past many months fellowshipping here, that there is a pronounced prejudice toward the bible, and toward those who suggest it just might be right.

But at any rate, where the end times are concerned, the bible has as yet, not come a cropper as has every other theory offered, and every predicted date that is passed so far.

For a people who have been so avid about preparation, there is a gigantic blindspot about the prophecies of the bible.

And I truly suspect that what I've said here will bear but little notice.

Won't it be funny though, if everyone awakens one morning, and the beginning of the end is set before us loud and clear? Those who've made fun then, of the disbelievers in the Mayan calendar foolishness, and believe themselves superior to that, but then refuse to consider the bible...may well be taken back.

So I'll drop it, and apologize for making such a suggestion.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Oregon Survivalist

Thanked 1,026 Times in 560 Posts

Don't know who this Jimmy Kellar feller is (sorry, unintentional rhyme)? but thanks for my New Word of the Day; lachrymose...off to the Webster's to look it up, and find cool new applications for it....on a serious note if the intent of the thread was to encourage folks to consult scripture, there was nothing wrong with that after all it certainly piqued my curiousity enough to open your thread; thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Post18guy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Get off my ice.

Thanked 36,144 Times in 8,983 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunbill View Post
and you're all lachrymose and mournful, dismayed and disappointed. After all the dark powers of prognostication and destruction the Friends of Jimmy Kellar and Company could summon, this stupid old world is still here...

But why give up? We've only scratched the surface. Why not give a good look at the original 'apocalyptic' treatise, the Bible? Start in Revelation; you can read the entire book in an hour or so, easily. Then hie on back to the gospels, Matthew chapter 24, Mark chapter 13, and Luke chapter 21. Give'em a read and see what you've missed vis a vis the end of the world and all that is in it.

But bear in mind, you'll be reading stuff that predates the Mayans by a bunch, and that leaves Nostradamus and Cayce in the dust of the minor leagues.

And no, you do not have to let your friends and family know you're doing so. That way, you won't have to bear the jeers, sniping and condenscension they would naturally cast upon anyone who would deign the read the Bible.

Are you man enough, woman enough? Well, we'll see...
You talk purdy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve28 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Hiker

"...after all it certainly piqued my curiousity..."

Piqued? My hat is off to anyone able to use that term correctly.

Here is something you might sell...I'm too lazy and trifling to try, so I'll give it to you totally free.

You are the bank. You're looking for a new and exciting but slightly highbrowed advertising campaign.

So here's your gimmick, or slogan,

"We'll peak/pique your interest". On your signs on the interstate highways, put 'pique' down first, mark a line through it, as if correcting a mis-spelled word, and put 'peak' in right over it so a body can readily see both.

Personally, I think it'd be a winner...

But on another note, I didn't realize how much fun attempting to debunk Jimmy Keller and crew (staunch believers in, and defenders of, the 12-21-12 date for the end of the world, as predicted by Mayan prophecies) was providing me (and obviously, many others).

Now, all is desultory, and ennui laden, and this forum has become but a mere shadow of its former self.

I do truly believe folks with an end of the world bent of mind are missing an excellent opportunity to explore the mysteries of Revelation and Old Testament prophecies, which can run anywhere from shallow, all the way to the depths of the deep calling unto the deep.

Anyhow, thanks ya'll.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Get off my ice.

Quote:
But on another note, I didn't realize how much fun attempting to debunk Jimmy Keller and crew (staunch believers in, and defenders of, the 12-21-12 date for the end of the world, as predicted by Mayan prophecies) was providing me (and obviously, many others).

Now, all is desultory, and ennui laden, and this forum has become but a mere shadow of its former self. l.
Ah, so now we get to the truth of the matter. It's you who is all lachrymose and mournful, dismayed and disappointed. Your favorite targets of derision have scattered to the four winds. No longer do they present themselves en masse in a single, easily accessible venue to pick off at your leisure.

Now you must hunt them through the forums, one by one. Far more sporting, a challenge for you to rise to! I bid thee well in thy hunt, young word warrior!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steve28 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,407 Times in 4,439 Posts

Harold Camping - among others - said he could predict the End Times from the Bible.

Didn't work so well. HASN'T worked so well for anyone.

If you're talking about morality, that's one thing. If you're talking about prophecy, that's another.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,416 Times in 629 Posts

Actually, the world did end.
We are now living in an alternate reality.
This place is filled with funny French sounding words and innuendo -
which I found out is not another word for suppository or colonoscopy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldvernie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Hiker

"If you're talking about morality, that's one thing. If you're talking about prophecy, that's another."

It is always a matter of balance. For while Jesus said plainly that no man, not even the angels, will know the time of the last day, but only the Father...

he did say that like the olive tree and the other trees, when you see them blossum, then you know summer is near. There is a distinct series of events that will occur, and when those events have happened, then, according to Jesus, the generation living at that time will be the generation that will experience those things of the last days.

There have always been Harold Campings, and others of like ilk. And unfortunately, there have always been, and will always be, those who have itching ears that seek to hear the things these charlatans have to say. That Jesus has said that no man knows the day, should be sufficient to end that little matter straight away.

And He made certain to cover the prepping issue as well, for He said, regarding those last days, that, "What I say unto you, I say unto all, WATCH!"...Mark 13:37.

And those who are actively watching, are those who are actively preparing as well. For unless one is an utter fool, the one follows the other.

And the events to come, are always preceded by the events of today. If we're so busy watching for Nabiru, or this asteroid and that cometary body, or that supervolcano, or that Mayan prophecy...we may miss the current and important signs in governments, the economies of the world and so much more, which may well be giving us a lavish of heads-ups, signs and hints of the coming times.

Bad times they are a'coming, make no mistake about that. But just as in every aspect of life, those who are prepared, and who have made it their business to study the situation, to learn, and to equip themselves, will be those who make it through, or as the scripture says, they are those who 'endure unto the end'.

It is just that the very important commodity in such short supply today, common sense, seems to have taken a walkabout, and is nowhere to be found.

We need to be looking for it. We need to find it.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:01 AM

People who thought the Mayan apocalypse was going to happen are only SLIGHTLY dumber and more dangerous than the foolish idiots who spend more time reading the book of Revelations than the book of John and Mark.

You either get it or you don't when it comes to Christiananity. For those that don't but profess to be able to see events of the rapture among us are as dumb as they make them.

But, that's what's so wonderful about the Internet. Lots of really stupid people post useless lies all the time and don't actually read the thing they claim to.

Cliff notes are for "C" students and math is hard.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Hiker

CrazyLarry;

There are simply too many degrees of knowledge and experience with respect to knowing and understanding the bible for us to make snap judgments. Take a look at Mary, Martha and Lazarus for an example. Mary sat at Jesus' feet, and carefully heard His Word. Martha was more concerned with having to serve alone as she busily scurried about, while Lazarus went to death, in order to illustrate the truth that the highest height in Christianity, is life arising out of death to the world, to self...Three siblings, three different degrees of knowledge, understanding and commitment.

I know the bible very well, having pursued an intensive course of study for the past 38 years. I read and study, every day, the New Testament, so that in the course of 13 days, I read it entirely (I rest on the 14th day, and read the Old Testament). But not only so, I follow as many Old Testament references as well as I come across them in the NT. As a result, I read the entire New Testament 26 times a year.

That means I've read the New Testament, in its entirety, every word of it, exactly 988 times (as of this week).

And it is a discipline, for whether I'm sick, or out of sorts, or out of town...wherever, whatever, I always complete the study. If I'm unable to read today's section, I read double tomorrow. If I wish to go out of town, and not study during that time, I read ahead by that much...

Knowing the bible as I do, and knowing the discipline it took bring about that knowledge and revelation...I don't call anyone believing in Jesus Christ, 'stupid'.

I know the rapture is every bit as valid as the 2012 hoax. But it took me years of study to remove myself from its grasp. And there are other areas where I've had to work hard to do as Paul said, in that,

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, FORGETTING THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE BEHIND, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Folks who have been immersed in the 2012 debacle will find themselves very hard put indeed, to rid themselves of its longlasting and deleterious effects in their lives. Some I suspect may even go off the rails, and require help.

But even then, it isn't in me to put them down, but rather, to pray for them.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Get off my ice.

Quote:
CrazyLarry;

There are simply too many degrees of knowledge and experience with respect to knowing and understanding the bible for us to make snap judgments. Take a look at Mary, Martha and Lazarus for an example. Mary sat at Jesus' feet, and carefully heard His Word. Martha was more concerned with having to serve alone as she busily scurried about, while Lazarus went to death, in order to illustrate the truth that the highest height in Christianity, is life arising out of death to the world, to self...Three siblings, three different degrees of knowledge, understanding and commitment.

I know the bible very well, having pursued an intensive course of study for the past 38 years. I read and study, every day, the New Testament, so that in the course of 13 days, I read it entirely (I rest on the 14th day, and read the Old Testament). But not only so, I follow as many Old Testament references as well as I come across them in the NT. As a result, I read the entire New Testament 26 times a year.

That means I've read the New Testament, in its entirety, every word of it, exactly 988 times (as of this week).

And it is a discipline, for whether I'm sick, or out of sorts, or out of town...wherever, whatever, I always complete the study. If I'm unable to read today's section, I read double tomorrow. If I wish to go out of town, and not study during that time, I read ahead by that much...

Knowing the bible as I do, and knowing the discipline it took bring about that knowledge and revelation...I don't call anyone believing in Jesus Christ, 'stupid'.

I know the rapture is every bit as valid as the 2012 hoax. But it took me years of study to remove myself from its grasp. And there are other areas where I've had to work hard to do as Paul said, in that,

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, FORGETTING THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE BEHIND, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Folks who have been immersed in the 2012 debacle will find themselves very hard put indeed, to rid themselves of its longlasting and deleterious effects in their lives. Some I suspect may even go off the rails, and require help.

But even then, it isn't in me to put them down, but rather, to pray for them.
Are you a believer? I'll wager I know the Bible every bit as well as you and better than 99.8% of Christians. I'm not a believer but I believe in being learned. I can shove so much Bible up your posterior that you'll be choking on your intestines. We'd have to go to the darkside for that though, let me know if you're game.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Hiker

I'm not game, inasmuch as I don't believe you know the bible as well as any actual believer...for if you knew it, you too would be a believer. (Are you familiar with those who have eidetic memories? That little 'gift sometime curse' insures my knowledge is solid and at the foremost of my mind anytime I choose to access it).

It is not 'learned' that God calls the unbeliever, but, "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God".

And finally, I'm not in the business of casting pearls before swine, nor giving that which is holy unto the dogs.

For by your words you'll be justified, and by your words, you'll be condemned...

You win this one, for you'll have my prayers as your gain hereafter. Your witless braggadocio is all I'm left with.
The Following User Says Thank You to shotgunbill For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Get off my ice.

Quote:
I'm not game, inasmuch as I don't believe you know the bible as well as any actual believer...for if you knew it, you too would be a believer. (Are you familiar with those who have eidetic memories? That little 'gift sometime curse' insures my knowledge is solid and at the foremost of my mind anytime I choose to access it).

It is not 'learned' that God calls the unbeliever, but, "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God".

And finally, I'm not in the business of casting pearls before swine, nor giving that which is holy unto the dogs.

For by your words you'll be justified, and by your words, you'll be condemned...

You win this one, for you'll have my prayers as your gain hereafter. Your witless braggadocio is all I'm left with.
Sooo... no Bible cage match then? Dang.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve28 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Nope, no mocking, no attempt to sound superior, nor didactic.

It's just that with everything else that's been tried, insofar as determining the events surrounding the end of everything...and they've all been proven false, so,

Why not look at the bible? It has an exhaustive description of the events leading up to the end. It gives forecasting signs, and leaves little to the imagination to anyone who reads it with even a modicum of acceptance or honest interest. And it spares no one's feelings inasmuch as the power of destruction and the death attending these things are concerned.

I've noticed, over the past many months fellowshipping here, that there is a pronounced prejudice toward the bible, and toward those who suggest it just might be right.

But at any rate, where the end times are concerned, the bible has as yet, not come a cropper as has every other theory offered, and every predicted date that is passed so far.

For a people who have been so avid about preparation, there is a gigantic blindspot about the prophecies of the bible.

And I truly suspect that what I've said here will bear but little notice.

Won't it be funny though, if everyone awakens one morning, and the beginning of the end is set before us loud and clear? Those who've made fun then, of the disbelievers in the Mayan calendar foolishness, and believe themselves superior to that, but then refuse to consider the bible...may well be taken back.

So I'll drop it, and apologize for making such a suggestion.
Every single "Prophesy" in the bible has come and gone as well. People have locked themselves up in caves, basements, churches, etc, and many have even killed themselves because they knew, for a fact, that they were in the end times. Bible apocolypse = mayan/any other apocolypse. All invalid stories conjured up by the minds of men.
The Following User Says Thank You to Midnight Rider For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 AM

Also, here is the bottom line as to what the bible says about the end, and no, it is not up for debate, as it was said by the great one himself, o'l J. Christ.
No one will know when the end will come other then the father.
And THAT'S the bottom line, because Christ said so!!!
But, as is usually the case with Christian believers, no one cares what Christ says. All that matters is what they can cherry pick from the bible to emphasize their own silly beliefs and opinions. And you wonder why the bible (and the religion) has no credibility anymore? Its just a book, like Romoe and Juliet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midnight Rider For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 03:42 PM

I wasn't lachrymose or dissapointed regarding the alleged 2012 Mayan Calendar End of The World Prediction. I heard the wise words of a Mexican taxi driver, who said that's an American thing made up to sell movies. However, I was piqued over the tremendous amount of attention given to this non-event(had it been true, we wouldn't be here), while the velocity of information brought religious fighting massacres, abominable human rights abuses, and insane child killers to our computer screens all at one time.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 AM
Oregon Survivalist

Thanked 1,026 Times in 560 Posts

It is curious you should bring up Harold Camping; I was camping with a youth group in the Cascades last summer when Mr. Camping's prediction was supposed to playout.
We literally had the whole park to ourselves, I would hazard to guess we might have seen only 12 or so people outside of our small group all weekend(the mosquitos, newly hatched certainly had us outnumbered).
On the last day as the boys we're packing up i heard 1 boy deriding another "you said the world was gonna' end and it didn't".
i couldn't resist jumping in; indicating our much vacant surrounding i said to the young man "How are you going to feel if turns out everybody else got raptured up except us?"
Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 AM
aging

Thanked 12,472 Times in 4,087 Posts

A fun read, if anyone cares to do it, is to go through the OT end times prophecies, and pair them up with Revelation.

That stuff gets freaky, and marches hand in hand with some of those strange bits tossed off by Nostradamus.