Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Prepared

Advertise Here

97 - the year I fell down a mountain.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 AM

I'l pick 42.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:25 AM

Oops, just saw the list. nevermind
The Following User Says Thank You to Leslie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 08:34 AM
IDF

Quote:
Whoever has picked a double number where you weren't the original person to pick it,
please choose another number that hasn't been picked between 1-125. I'm about ready to close
this giveaway and do my best to get this kit out to someone Tuesday morning. I'm going
to pick a winner tomorrow evening, announce it here, then they will PM me their mailing address.

Not that I don't like the thread or anything, I just don't see a significant enough number of new
participants between now and Friday. Yeah...let's wrap this up.
Ok, let it change from 13 to 113.... 113 it is!

EDIT: If I win I will leave one item I like, and send the rest to the next new member joining the boards.
The Following User Says Thank You to 601reconteam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Prepared

83 for me, thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to EntropyFx For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 AM

hope I squeak in before the deadline!!
61 for me
The Following User Says Thank You to dhalgren For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Up to No Good

Thanked 1,107 Times in 309 Posts

I'll take 85. And this is incredibly generous of you! Good luck to everyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to Autumn-Raine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Always Preparing

Thanked 1,174 Times in 573 Posts

I'll take #27.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigDudeGeorge For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM

Location: The soon to be Communist State of Mzanzi(formerly known as South Africa)

/Begin Rant......

Jeez Guys!!! Sirthivealist puts up an offer of a freebie for his 2000th post and some of you go in to typical American "GIMME THAT" mode!

I stand very little chance of "winning" - 1% or less - but I still took a random chance just in case.

I find it amazing how the attitude of members of this forum has changed over the last year or so, from a group of dedicated and helpful individuals with a common purpose - to a bunch of petty minded individualists who take every chance possible to pick on the newbies or make nasty replies to their questions!

I have been a lurker here for quite a while before officially joining the forum and while there is always a place for sarcasm and pure evil thoughts (dark side and others...) most of the posts and comments that are made are constructive and helpful.

I find it quite amazing that you guys can stand there with your hand out expecting a freebie, while bitching about the quality and quantity of said handout!

Rant over/

Just pick a number and take a chance - there is nothing to lose and something to win!!

Thank you again to Sirthrivealist for the donation of time and effort to sit and go through the thread to collate all the numbers and to whomever the lucky number holder is, well done and good luck to you.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Tired of you people

Thanked 11,347 Times in 4,289 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Seriously, gimme that

I am an American I deserve it

Love Straza
The Following User Says Thank You to Straza For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 01:15 PM
it is what it is

Thanked 3,628 Times in 1,518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wott469 View Post
/Begin Rant......

Jeez Guys!!! Sirthivealist puts up an offer of a freebie for his 2000th post and some of you go in to typical American "GIMME THAT" mode!

I stand very little chance of "winning" - 1% or less - but I still took a random chance just in case.

I find it amazing how the attitude of members of this forum has changed over the last year or so, from a group of dedicated and helpful individuals with a common purpose - to a bunch of petty minded individualists who take every chance possible to pick on the newbies or make nasty replies to their questions!

I have been a lurker here for quite a while before officially joining the forum and while there is always a place for sarcasm and pure evil thoughts (dark side and others...) most of the posts and comments that are made are constructive and helpful.

I find it quite amazing that you guys can stand there with your hand out expecting a freebie, while bitching about the quality and quantity of said handout!

Rant over/

Just pick a number and take a chance - there is nothing to lose and something to win!!

Thank you again to Sirthrivealist for the donation of time and effort to sit and go through the thread to collate all the numbers and to whomever the lucky number holder is, well done and good luck to you.
you sound like a typical American hater.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Get Out There

Ill take 95 if it hasnt been taken yet. Thanks again for doing the giveaway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bushcraft101 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Grunt

could I have 84 then, please?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjbarb For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM

Location: The soon to be Communist State of Mzanzi(formerly known as South Africa)

@9mmparrabellum - not an american hater, just someone who has to deal with the "gimme" mentality every day and is tired of seeing the same BS all over the world. I actually am in the process of trying to find work in your country because of the treatment I am being given here at home.

Because I am white, over 45 and male immediately excludes me from government assistance in my own country, I am not allowed to own a firearm for self defence, my property can be taken from me and handed to a "disadvantaged person of color" with no legal recourse. I am unable to get a job because of a ridiculous law that was repealed 18 YEARS AGO!!!!! All new jobs are firstly offered to uneducated blacks whether they have the qualifications or not, and generally

White folks are being racially abused on a daily basis in my country and the government ignores it on the grounds of "you whities did this to us, so we just returning the favor"

So - in answer to your comment - not an American hater, but just tired of the BS Americans Are Better And Should Always Be Considered First attitude.

--------------------------------------------------

So as not to hijack this thread any further, can a moderator copy my two statements and use them to create a new thread in this forum or in the preferred forum for this kind of comment and PM the new location to me and I will be quite happy to continue the cheap shots and nasty remarks - which if you note was the exact comment that I made to start this argument....

Last edited by Wott469; 01-07-2013 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wott469 View Post
/Begin Rant......

Rant over/

LOL! In everybody's defense, I've only found one participant who "had" a poor attitude IMO.
I think everybody else has been cool about it. I'd be happy for anybody to have it. I know it's
going to go to a good home. And I'd have to give DBR the credit for crunching the numbers.
He's become my default partner in this deal and if he doesn't win the kit, there will be something
in his mailbox anyway for what the time he's put in to helping sort out for his fellow participants.

This has turned into a WIN/WIN/WIN thread and I'm getting far more out of it than I've given up.
At the end of the giveaway, I will name two members who've also "payed it foward" to me, but I
want to wait so that if they win, there will be no cries of favoritism.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:10 PM

Hope I'm not too late.

I'll take #58.

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Average Joe

Thanked 1,853 Times in 967 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmParabellum View Post
you sound like a typical American hater.
Haters gonna hate!

...Waiters gonna wait
...Potaters gonna potate
The Following User Says Thank You to TDFbound For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 03:32 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,625 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDFbound View Post
Haters gonna hate!

...Waiters gonna wait
...Potaters gonna potate
...and Masters gonna...

Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Average Joe

Thanked 1,853 Times in 967 Posts

Out of the original 100 number choices, the only ones left are:

The following users have picked duplicate numbers and have a chance to pick a number between 101 and 125. (for the record, 113 has already been chosen)

Lock
Outdoorsman98
UrbanWolf
soulska
Mr. Beef
BigGudeGeorge
spacelarry
SfS
JackBauer2218
jkdetonator
Old 01-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Average Joe