Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 01-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Blame Canada.

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,344 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALPHUNTER View Post
Asteroid DA14 which is approximately 135 feet (45meters) and will come close to Earth on February 15th and is drawing attention. It will come close but reportedly will not impact Earth.

Comet ISON is also due here in our solar system next November and is supposed to be one of the most spectacular events ever witnessed by man. Scientists and astronomers are reporting that even though it isn't a large comet, that because of it's trajectory and outgasing it will become 14 times brighter than the Moon and will even be visible during the day.
I predict this will become the next flavor of the month for the apocalypse crowd.
Well, I aint skeert, Bruce Willis gots my back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vacas Locas For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,364 Times in 3,436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch1 View Post
A hemorrhoid is due to impact the earth in 2013. I am buying stock in prep H..
Naw man, you got some outdated info there. The "Great Hemorroid" reportedly landed on Earth on Jan 20th, 2009 in the vicinity of the WH and according to reliable sources it's still there!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SCALPHUNTER For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,441 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankom View Post
Did you know that 100% of people who ate carrots in 1812 are now dead?
Lest we forget the War of 1812, caused by carrot shortage due to pioneer prepper hoarding. Good call.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats View Post
I vote for Zombies.
I love Zombies.
I got some Zombiemax from my wife last Christmas just waiting for it!
One of my friends also gave me a "ZILF" magnet for our Fridge.

Think Zombie
Zombies need love too!
I like your style! Zombies rock... Until I keel 'em! Bwahaha!
The Following User Says Thank You to utahredneck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 AM

Wasn't it the zombie vote that swung the election for Obama in 2008 and 2012?

I'm also pretty sure a zombie would have at least a 50-50 chance at beating most of our elected officials in a game of chess. Providing of course said zombie doesn't die of starvation from attempting to eat a brain that isn't there. . .
The Following User Says Thank You to adampm For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Hiker

I'm confused. If I'm to offer an opinion in respect to the 'next big one', I need to know how you're defining 'big one'.

And not only so, but what would you categorize as the 'last big one'. And would they be similar or otherwise?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Gummint Troll

Thanked 4,294 Times in 2,039 Posts

http://news.discovery.com/space/when...en-130107.html

Discovery magazine/site writer speculates on next disaster.

"If history is any example, the next cosmic doomsday prediction is always right around the corner. The Mayan blowout was just the latest in many centuries of bad calls by prognosticators who have the audacity to think they can divine the End of Everything.
So, to be a little preemptive, let's look at just three cosmic events that might start another pop culture panic. Thankfully these aren't born out of mythology, psychics, and misinterpreted archeoastronomy. They are real events that will inevitably be embellished by the imaginations of modern day soothsayers."
The Following User Says Thank You to works4dhs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Hiker

Thanks for the link, which provided a good read indeed.

Of course the earth will be struck by some object; meteor, comet or other, and will be greatly damaged. But the probabilities are so miniscule of that happening during our lifetimes as to boggle the imagination. Yes, it could happen. But no, it isn't very likely.

But folks of the doomsday persuasion aren't swayed by 'it could happen', but have a disconnect in their minds that turns that into, 'it will happen...and will happen on such and such a date'.

Truth of the matter is, truth and probability, plausibility and possibility play only the tiniest of roles in the choosing of the next big one.

It's almost always, perhaps invariably, the product of the pop culture immersed mind. I mean really, who on this planet could reasonably be expected to buy into the 2012 hoax? Not many, right? And no one with their heads screwed on straight, right? No, too many did buy into it, wholeheartedly, and did so primarily out of two major factors.

One, they were too lazy to do proper research, and to come to a reasoned mind on the matter themselves. And two, and perhaps more importantly, they seek something, anything, that will make them standout in a nation, a culture, and a society sickened by the mishmash of sameness that seems to characterize our very lives today.

In that regard, the 'next big one' has and is, already occurring. It is the total subjugation of the minds, the memories, the histories, the bent of minds of today's public, by the media.

No force on this planet can equal in power that of the media, whether print, broadcast, digital, or word of mouth. And the media pimps for the financial industry, for the political industry (and yes, it is an industry) along with many others, and has its tentacles into every corner and facet of life today.

You can duck a meteor...maybe. But you can't duck the media. And you can't remain unaffected by it, you cannot fight it, you cannot immunize against it, and there's no pill you can take to help you.

And I suspect, in the long run, that it is the 'next big one' that will come closest to doing us in...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shotgunbill For This Useful Post: