Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Political News and Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 01-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 28,591 Times in 8,986 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile Papist View Post
And you trust and believe everything that is broadcast on the BBC?
As compared to what? Glenn Beck? At least BBC is news. I can filter bias out of news. But Glenn Beck is a commentator. Pundits like him are the pro wrestlers of journalism.

Same think with Al Jazeera. At least it's news.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 05:56 PM
More Machine than Man

Thanked 1,611 Times in 679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
Same think with Al Jazeera. At least it's news.
I watch/read AJ often. Many times you will get information from them US based sources or even the BBC will "forget" to include in there reporting.

AJ has a bias sure, FOX, CNN, BBC, etc., also have there own bias, and everyone on this board understands that. Anyone who is interested in the truth knows the best hope of getting it is to get the information from as many sources as possible and do your own filtering. Those who ignore AJ just because it is owned by Arabs are effectively saying they don't trust themselves to determine what part of the story is bias, so they prefer less information even if it means less accuracy in there own understanding of current events.

I guess it is just easier to let Beck tell them what to think than to do it for themselves.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TekGremlin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,376 Times in 814 Posts

al jazirah, impartiality and un-biased...Don't bet on it.Gotta read between the lines with this bunch...Qatar's full of the capitalist affiliated as with the same in this country and all over the planet...PBS channels quote them all the time...
Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 PM
To secure peace is to...

Thanked 6,472 Times in 2,151 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Ummm... you may be confusing Al Jazeera with Al Qaeda. Al Jazeera is a respected news organization. I know it's hard to keep all them A-rabs names straight but just cause they both start with Al doesn't make them both terrorist groups.
Al Jazeera, ah, yes, the voice of the terrorists. You do know that the terrorists send their videos to Al Jazeera when they behead and blow stuff up, right?

So you some how think they aren't biased? You need to do some more reading. They are a mouth piece for islamic extremism.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:07 PM
To secure peace is to...

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
But Glenn Beck is a commentator. Pundits like him are the pro wrestlers of journalism.
Glen Beck has reported more about the back panel of the current political climate than anyone....anyone. He put names and faces to all of the crap going on with George Soros, Tides Foundation, Agenda 21, Fabian Society, etc.

He may be a commentator, but he's commenting on the facts, the people, and the organization that we are losing our freedoms to whether you like it or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to TacomaJPP For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJPP View Post
Glen Beck has reported more about the back panel of the current political climate than anyone....anyone. He put names and faces to all of the crap going on with George Soros, Tides Foundation, Agenda 21, Fabian Society, etc.

He may be a commentator, but he's commenting on the facts, the people, and the organization that we are losing our freedoms to whether you like it or not.
I don't need his big weeping moon-shaped face on the television telling me what he thinks and what I should think. I don't need ANYBODY telling me what to think. I need in-depth honest accurate journalism. I need facts. I'll make up my own ****in' mind.

I don't get it. What's this love affair with commentators all about? Ever since about 2004 or so, they've been coming out of the woodwork. Before that, they were relegated to daytime talk shows and late night radio shows. But now, they are everywhere. Do so many people really like their news pre-chewed, pre-digested and demographically targeted?

Especially here? I kind of expect more from survivalists. I kind of expect people who are not only able, but prefer to think independently and make up their own minds. How the **** can a crying woman like Glenn Beck become such an icon here?
The Following User Says Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 08:47 PM
To secure peace is to...

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
I don't need his big weeping moon-shaped face on the television telling me what he thinks and what I should think. I don't need ANYBODY telling me what to think. I need in-depth honest accurate journalism. I need facts. I'll make up my own ****in' mind.

I don't get it. What's this love affair with commentators all about? Ever since about 2004 or so, they've been coming out of the woodwork. Before that, they were relegated to daytime talk shows and late night radio shows. But now, they are everywhere. Do so many people really like their news pre-chewed, pre-digested and demographically targeted?

Especially here? I kind of expect more from survivalists. I kind of expect people who are not only able, but prefer to think independently and make up their own minds. How the **** can a crying woman like Glenn Beck become such an icon here?
Of course, he has some rating-antics. They are annoying. However, cut through that, what he reports about is factual. He doesn't tell you what to think. Glenn constantly provides books and literature that he challenges folks to read. He challenged his viewers to do their own homework. I've done a lot, and more often than not, I tend to find that the things that Beck says are accurate or at least on the right path.

I take it you've never really watched enough of his show with objectivity to take anything from it other than his crocodile tears?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Of course, he has some rating-antics. They are annoying. However, cut through that, what he reports about is factual. He doesn't tell you what to think. Glenn constantly provides books and literature that he challenges folks to read. He challenged his viewers to do their own homework. I've done a lot, and more often than not, I tend to find that the things that Beck says are accurate or at least on the right path.

I take it you've never really watched enough of his show with objectivity to take anything from it other than his crocodile tears?
I used to try. I rarely got through more than 3 or 4 minutes of a commentator's act before I found myself shouting, "Shut the **** up! Nobody cares what you think!!!" at the television. I. Can't. Stand. Commentary. Especially when it masquerades as a news program.

That's not just aimed at Glenn Beck. He just deserves special consideration because Rachel Madcow is more of a man.
The Following User Says Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Busy Prepping

Quote:

BHU, it could it be you don't understand because you don't watch Beck.

Beck called the Benghazi thing for what it was the day it happened. He said the facts didn't add up and that it looked like the US was selling weapons to our enemies. He said it had the stamp of an arms deal gone bad. It took the MSM weeks to get that figured out.

Beck called the Arab Spring and the Muslim Brotherhood thing for what it was months, maybe even a year, before the MSM decided that the Muslim Brotherhood might not be such a good thing.

The only thing I know of him getting wrong in the last year was the level of violence and staying power of OWS. OWS petered out way faster than any of us thought it would.

Of course I understand why you wouldn't want to listen. Beck mixes a lot of silly entertainment in to lighten things up a bit. You serious types that like to ponder things for long periods while the MSM catches up, find the silly, and crying stuff annoying. BTW, his radio show has much more silliness than his TV show.

I like cold hard facts too but I don't know of a news channel that does that. Watching multiple channels that get it wrong based on their bias and ignorance doesn't mean you'll come out with the truth. Two wrongs don't make a right and two lies don't equal the truth.

I guess all us simple minded that watch Beck are just not smart enough or something. Maybe one day we'll reach the enlightenment obtain by the elites.
The Following User Says Thank You to amazonbob.com For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 04:43 AM
More Machine than Man

Quote:
He doesn't tell you what to think.
I used to watch Beck, and sometimes I will still watch clips from his show if I think they might contain something interesting. I will also agree that sometimes he can find information I have not seen via another source. If you can stomach the blatant propaganda and his horrible attitude there is nothing wrong with watching the guy (in addition to other sources). But if you honestly believe the guy does not tell you what to think, or that any of those other commentators don't, you are missing something huge.

I love Judge Napolitano for instance, I agree with most of what he says and I find it comforting to know I am not alone, and convenient to have him find information I would find of interest for me. This does not mean however that I do not understand his whole purpose is to tell me what to think. If I ever lose sight of that, I hope I am smart enough to stop watching him.
The Following User Says Thank You to TekGremlin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 04:53 AM
More Machine than Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonbob.com View Post
Watching multiple channels that get it wrong based on their bias and ignorance doesn't mean you'll come out with the truth. Two wrongs don't make a right and two lies don't equal the truth.
The trick is to try and find sources with opposing biases, this is why AJ is such a useful channel. Of course you never really know if and when you have the truth, but I am positive my way is a lot better than waiting for Beck to tell me what the truth is.

BTW: For those who think he is giving you useful insight into the Mideast, I used to live there and still visit different parts of the region for work related reasons. I am confident he does have a reasonable understanding of Mid-East affairs but is regularly deliberately lying to you for his own personal reasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to TekGremlin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Red White n Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslin View Post
Okey dokey. I am outta here. I see now what is going on. Some of you just blow my mind with your unneeded and unwarranted nastiness. That kind of thing destroys conversation and you know it. You surely got the Alinsky-ite lesson down pat on how to project and accuse the other side of things you will do/are doing yourselves.