Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 09-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Target Shooter

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra fox View Post
Well, for what it's worth, I can tell you for a fact that these purchases aren't restricted to the Feds and they are by no means for practice or qualification.

A city of 120,000 people just bought 150,000 duty rifle rounds to be issued to its rifle certified street officers in tac vests (ten mags per vest). Oh you should've seen the twinkle in their eyes as they took delivery.

And consider this, that doesn't include pistol ammo.

I asked, "What are you guys planning with all that ammo? "

Armageddon they said. Armageddon.

150,000 rounds of ammo? That's not that much. And you say these are "by no means for practice"... Is that just your belief or is there something to back this up?

Just seems like the only actually facts in your post are the number of residents and the number of rounds of ammo. Everything else is pure speculation, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:08 AM
RON PAUL 2012

Thanked 3,008 Times in 709 Posts

What speculation? The range staff took delivery of the shipment on the day I qualified with my rifle. The Lt. told me what was being done with the ammo. It's not for practice or qual. They use frangible for that. These are tactical bonded Federal rounds for duty.

No speculation. It just happened. And I was lucky enough to see it for my own eyes instead of relying on a biased news report.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra fox View Post
What speculation? The range staff took delivery of the shipment on the day I qualified with my rifle. The Lt. told me what was being done with the ammo. It's not for practice or qual. They use frangible for that. These are tactical bonded Federal rounds for duty.

No speculation. It just happened. And I was lucky enough to see it for my own eyes instead of relying on a biased news report.
Got ya. I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by your post, I guess. Hope you didn't take it as a personal attack. It's just so many people jump on here and have the most outrageous theories on things with absolutely no evidence or proof of it. Just their own belief. Evidently this wasn't one of those cases, so I apologize if it came off as anything.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Prepared

Whenever we go to the range to qual, we shoot ball ammo because it's cheaper. We save the hallow points for duty ammo. Then again we're not the Feds who are known to waste and abuse taxpayer's money.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Bloviator Sine Pari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regular Guy View Post
Well, if you're getting your information from infowars, well, you're doing it wrong. You really think a bunch of paperpushers are going to mow down mobs of folks? I think you highly over estimate the average govt. worker or the resolve of the American people to be human. We are not the French, we don't hang folks in the public square. The US economy has collapsed before. We, Americans, stood up, brushed ourselves off and got back to work.
Reductio ad absurdum in its most perfect state. Paper pushers who control militarized minions wouldn't hurt a fly would they?

Here's a proven theory for your supposed capacity of official types,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

Your stretch for a better villain was rather pathetic, and I'm no student of French governmental atrocities, but have you ever actually read much about our history... that wasn't in a comic book form? I'd happily list a few suggested readings, but I sense that would be a waste of time, so I'll stick with internet easy,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethic...ne_experiments

As for the "human" test... WTF was the point of that weird gasp? There are cultural differences, oui, but where exactly is it that you imagine we have managed to take some imaginary flight of stairs to some mythical higher moral ground exactly?

http://antiisgood.wordpress.com/2008...e-a-must-read/

No, we don't hang'em high in public... any more (for whatever point - again - you were stretching for). Our gov't prefers to keep our killing as obscured and un-enumerated as possible... unless they need to put a good scare into us.
- So just what exactly is FEMA doing with all of those guillotines? Lookin' to start up a spare body parts business?

Yes, the Morgans, et al, have crashed our economy before, and while you've kind'a got the cart before the horse, we did eventually get up off of the floor. How else were we supposed to become the world's armory?
Your invoking of the recovery idiom leaves me wondering just how exactly you imagine it was that we managed to leave the last Great Depression... other than the way we always find illusory prosperity of late - through war.

Of course that isn't really workin' out so good any more, especially since the few countries that we can't control with bribes or bombs are enough to crash the naked emperor's party.

Your previous cracks about the gov't having lots of ammo before and having not used it on us was... well, retarded. The fallacy of normalcy - it's never happened before, so it can never happen. Wha'... you're dissertation was no doubt on logic.

After reading much similar gov't apologist lunacy in this thread, I am still surprised that no one seems to be discussing what I believe is the core of the rot... WTF do we need with this many militarized tit suckers on the payroll, and who are they supposed to be protecting from who?

We've already got a pretty kick azz national defense force, the likes of which the earth has never seen - so just who or what is it that we're all supposed to be afraid of today... I have a hard time keeping up. The Taliban is pretty busy handling that bumper opium crop to keep our cities good and numb, the group that they made up has an army of what? The closest thing to a real incident is usually some FBI chump or false flag crap. Just who the hell is it that we're being threatened by that our military can't turn into a grease spot?

On all of this alphabet soup, I think it behooves us to remember what the HLS supposedly stands for, Home Land Security. Tell ya what, give me one one hundredth of their budget, I'll take it to the Middle East and give ten million to everybody there who can prove that they are al-Qaeda, and I betcha' I still have billions left when I get home. Of course for my plan to work, we'd have to admit that we have no real business being there and bring all of our kids home. Yeah I know... what a bummer, no place to use up all of that fancy new kill'em gear... but we could really use a coupl'a new bridges and roads, and while it ain't the safest work in the world - I haven't met a grader operator yet who developed PTSD from a 40 hour Davis-Bacon rate payin' job.

So when are we gonna get an agency to protect us from our gov't? They're the real terrorists. And R.G., did you even have a point?
The Following User Says Thank You to Roark For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Recent Blog:

Default Even more ammo for DHS

The Department of Homeland Security bought another 200,000 rounds of .40 cal hollow point ammunition on Jan 2nd. This new purchase adds to the staggering figure of 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition already secured by the DHS over the last 9 months alone.

The contradiction of the Obama administration preaching gun control, while simultaneously, the federal government arms itself to the teeth with an arsenal that would be enough to wage a full scale 7 year ground war is jaw-dropping.

A citizen is considered to be a stockpiling “terrorist” prepper if they own just 1,000 rounds of ammo. The government, however, can purchase billions and the mainstream media doesn’t even question it.

Where is all this ammunition going? It’s being stockpiled by the federal government, awaiting some future event during which it will apparently be “activated.” Why else would you stockpile something if you don’t anticipate needing to use it someday?

During all this, Obama and his cohorts in Washington are loudly insisting that American citizens have no right to purchase firearms or ammunition, and that new laws will soon be enacted to make sure you cannot do what the government does: stockpile weapons and ammo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sturedman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM
not drunk I am from Wis

Thanked 1,545 Times in 530 Posts

1 shot 1 kill....everybody is dead
Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 PM
I have issues

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,216 Posts

BUT, BUT, they are only stockpiling this stuff so they can protect us.
If you don't believe that just ask them.

It is don't do as I do just do as I say.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Meh!

Link to story?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,334 Times in 2,763 Posts

Hmm, DHS has 240k employees, so that's 6666.7 rounds per person. That's a lot of "target practice."
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonid For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2013, 05:45 PM

A source would be nice.

Otherwise this is just hearsay. (However, I would not be surprised if it were true)
Old 01-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Be Aware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonid View Post
Hmm, DHS has 240k employees, so that's 6666.7 rounds per person. That's a lot of "target practice."
Hhehe! That made me laugh out loud.

Bisquitlips <----- wiping nose and keyboard.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Hiker

Default Did The DHS Just Award An Ammunition Contract To A Shell Corporation?

Anyone heard anything about this? I am just now reading this.

http://www.whiteowlconspiracy.com/20...k#.UOb6LzkTueV
The Following User Says Thank You to BigfootDL For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,190 Times in 485 Posts

I have done a few large ammo contracts, those prices are about average given the modern market and cost of materials. The whole thing stinks like old diapers. These guys know **** all about the industry, and their name alone gives me plenty of reason to not pay much attention to them for anything.

Last edited by TxHills; 01-05-2013 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: Don't bypass the word filter
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 PM
newb

Thanked 2,481 Times in 814 Posts

If true that is mighty suspicious. I wouldnt put it past this current government to use a shell corporation to channel money for some dubious purposes.
The Following User Says Thank You to xfactorevo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,670 Times in 950 Posts

The government is notorious for awarding contracts to companies that have no idea what they are doing. They don't usually check, you submit a bid, win said bid, take the money then figure out what exactly it was they were bidding on. They created some company to win the bid, then will sub it out to somebody else taking a nice chunk for themselves, for doing pretty much nothing.

They were doing it using 'native American owned companies' since they got some sort of preference. But it was white people doing everything, with a few natives somewhere who got a couple bucks to let them use their name.

Some never intended on fulfilling the bids, they took the money, then dragged things out a while. Or provided half*** stuff that didn't come close to what it was supposed to do. I seem to remember one where the guy bid to provide a bunch of trucks in Iraq, so he did, but the contract was not to specific that they had to be working trucks. So he towed a bunch of worn out junk somewhere and said thanks for the check. Of course seldom is anything ever done about this sort of thing. So why wouldn't you do it, free money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tackleberry41 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,292 Times in 909 Posts

Anyone elses tinfoil hat twitch a little reading that DHS bought 1.6BILLION rounds in 9 months?
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/dhs-buys-...point-bullets/
The Following User Says Thank You to SunwolfNC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 06:31 PM
White Hat Gun Owner

Thanked 1,970 Times in 633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunwolfNC View Post
Anyone elses tinfoil hat twitch a little reading that DHS bought 1.6BILLION rounds in 9 months?
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/dhs-buys-...point-bullets/
1.6 BILLION rounds? That's enough for... let's see, that's five rounds for every man, woman, and child in America.

I'd be scared, except for one thing: there are 120 MILLION armed Americans, and only 3 million armed military and LEOs, most of whom would protect the US Constitution rather than enforce the tyrannical dictates of an oppressive regime.

Remember, there's safety in numbers. Also remember that "liberals" who love their right to keep and bear firearms are standing side-by-side with "conservatives". We must not let the media propaganda falsely demonize us and divide us. We must stand together in defense of our Constitution.

-- Paravani
Old 01-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,190 Times in 485 Posts

Also remember that the delivery time for those rounds was spread over a couple of years, and when you break down those numbers, for every DHS Agent and the sub Agencies, you see it is enough to qualify, carry duty ammo and to rotate the duty ammo semi annually, and for the Armory at Altoona to conduct weapons testing. And when Altoona does a weapons test they go all out. They are known for having the toughest, most detailed and recorded tests in any Agency in the US. It doesn't hurt that the senior purchasing Agent and head of the Armory is a good friend of mine. When they test rifles, every rifle does a 10k basic endurance test before it goes onto environmental testing. When they do a pistol test it is a 15k rd total test. FOR EVERY SAMPLE OF EVERY GUN THEY TEST. Like I said, they go all out. The whole thing turned out to be a non-event once these factors and others were brought to light.
The Following User Says Thank You to PvtPyle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,110 Times in 2,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtPyle View Post
Also remember that the delivery time for those rounds was spread over a couple of years, and when you break down those numbers, for every DHS Agent and the sub Agencies, you see it is enough to qualify, carry duty ammo and to rotate the duty ammo semi annually, and for the Armory at Altoona to conduct weapons testing. And when Altoona does a weapons test they go all out. They are known for having the toughest, most detailed and recorded tests in any Agency in the US. It doesn't hurt that the senior purchasing Agent and head of the Armory is a good friend of mine. When they test rifles, every rifle does a 10k basic endurance test before it goes onto environmental testing. When they do a pistol test it is a 15k rd total test. FOR EVERY SAMPLE OF EVERY GUN THEY TEST. Like I said, they go all out. The whole thing turned out to be a non-event once these factors and others were brought to light.
This has been explained every time this subject is brought up, which is about once a month or so. The people who want to believe it will always believe it no matter what facts are brought forth. The rest of us will know the truth.