Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Financial Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here

Old 01-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Trapper

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRed View Post
They will mint it and then accidentally toss it in a Coinstar.
Thats freaking hilarious !!!!! The kicker is that by the time they think it up, get a proto-type, vote on it, make the dies, mine it, refine it, and stamp it, its only going to cost them 5 trillion to make and an addtional 2 trillion to make each one after that. Hey, really, who's interested, I got this thing called a computer, and it has a thing called a printer, I say we make our own money. The jackass we have in office has been doing it for the last 4 years. Oh, and I say we go off the brass standard. However much ammo it takes to repell the agents trying to confiscate it it what its worth.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to exetermedic101 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,310 Times in 2,520 Posts

fiction. "Money" that is this fake can never compel labor, thus it is worthless.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KCFirepower For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 03:53 PM
prepping pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Here's a thought, how about we just go ahead and pay our bills and stop threatening to blow up the economy just when the Presidents programs have turned around the mess of the last right-wing voodoo economics program.
your a dam idiot.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John J. Rambo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,258 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Maybe ya'll missed the original theme that this was, at the start at least, a tongue in cheek jab at the right-wing nuts in the House o' Reps that are holding a figurative gun to head of the world economy. Grandma give's up her survivors benefit check or the middle class get's it ! Anyway what starts off as a joke turns into reality too often anymore. The President may just have to save the Congress from its' lunatic fringe with an even lunier super coin. Here's a thought, how about we just go ahead and pay our bills and stop threatening to blow up the economy just when the Presidents programs have turned around the mess of the last right-wing voodoo economics program.
I sorry your were born retarded and lost IQ points since then but really you need to shut up.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to clc79092 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,739 Times in 1,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGNasty View Post
This could have some merit. As long as the coin has a value on it, it could work. Make some up and send them to China - debt solved. We are at zero balance, kick in a flat tax and start from there.

China owns 1/16th of our debt ... about the same as Japan.

Google up who owns most of our debt ..... you'll be surprised.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NotARoleModel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Maybe ya'll missed the original theme that this was, at the start at least, a tongue in cheek jab at the right-wing nuts in the House o' Reps that are holding a figurative gun to head of the world economy. Grandma give's up her survivors benefit check or the middle class get's it ! Anyway what starts off as a joke turns into reality too often anymore. The President may just have to save the Congress from its' lunatic fringe with an even lunier super coin. Here's a thought, how about we just go ahead and pay our bills and stop threatening to blow up the economy just when the Presidents programs have turned around the mess of the last right-wing voodoo economics program.
Pay our bills with WHAT?

I have a better idea.

Let's cut everything across the board 15% as proposed. Military, Entitlements, everything.

Anyone who doesn't believe that there is at least 15% waste and corruption in every single aspect of government agencies and programs is delusional.

The fraud in the SSI Disability program alone is conservatively estimated at 15%.

Oh, BTW, the POTUS sends you his most gracious thanks from his $7 MILLION vacation (did I say something about waste a moment ago?) for falling hook, line, and sinker to his class warfare and "spread the wealth around a little" propaganda campaign.

Congrats on becoming a full fledged card carrying member of the Democrat core base ... Free Stuff Nation. Bought and paid for with OPM.

(OPM, look it up)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NotARoleModel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,376 Times in 814 Posts

That's the craziest thing I've heard in a long time,A trillion $ coin...Hail,it'd have to be as big as a manhole cover...They'd get better results payin with Chucky Cheese tokens...I have No Doubt they wouldn't try though...
Old 01-05-2013, 09:24 PM
I'd double tap that.

Thanked 8,716 Times in 3,002 Posts

is it possible to pay "our" bills? I thought we were past that possibility?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LordOpie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,395 Times in 2,772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOpie View Post
is it possible to pay "our" bills? I thought we were past that possibility?
We can. It's just that doing it through a method like this is like telling the nations potential and current creditors to go **** themselves, while at the same time revaluing our currency at a fraction of its previous worth.

ETA There aren't many other legitimate options to pay it off either. We'll do the same thing, one way or another, but we'll probably do it more slowly and less flippantly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonid For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Learning

Thanked 1,645 Times in 584 Posts

I was thinking about this thread today. Last year we endured the election, which was painfully horrible for months. Right after the election we were told repeatedly the financial world would end soon due to some media-made-up event called the fiscal cliff. That crisis was adverted and wouldn't you know it we're facing another end of the financial world event with the debt ceiling (again).

Is it me or does it seem the media-driven calamities are coming at us fast and furious these days. More so than usual which is a lot, it's almost like they are trying to distract us and keep us occupied with in-fighting for some reason...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngryRed For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,376 Times in 814 Posts

ARed,they're doin that,thinkin it'll get everybodys' mind off Bengazi and their Gunrunnin fi-ass-co...
Old 01-08-2013, 02:33 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 9,096 Times in 4,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mominator View Post
I am not trying to be rude but it is really bothering me that someone came up with this idea or that anyone thinks it is wise.
It was one guy not several. And even he admitted it was not a wise idea.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 AM
It is what it is.

Thanked 3,923 Times in 1,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivalguy72 View Post
It was one guy not several. And even he admitted it was not a wise idea.
That is at least something of a relief. I don't always have time to follow up on some of these things but I would like to pretend there is some level of rationality left in DC, small though it may be.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Hiker

Thanked 1,042 Times in 364 Posts

Punch out that trillion dollar coin and put it in Fort Knox, right next to all the gold that isn't there
Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Libertarian

Lol the government printing out a trillion dollar coin is the same as a person indebted in college and maxed out on credit card loans being approved by the bank to take out another loan. Time to prep some more. Either this bubble or the college debt bubble will put a nail in the coffin for America.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Most Thankful Guy here

Thanked 24,000 Times in 12,144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARoleModel View Post
Why are you concerned about China?

China owns 1/16th of our debt ... about the same as Japan.

Google up who owns most of our debt ..... you'll be surprised.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...b_gallery.html

China and Japan with 1.2 trillion each.
Everyone else 150 billion.

2 coins each to China and Japan - toss a handful on the floor and let everyone else fight for 'em. Problem solved

Come on Bummer - sign the EO and be done with this debt thing
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGecko View Post
People need to stop sweating about the debt. It is all fictional and is real only to the extent that the debt will be used as an excuse to draw in taxes (human capital) and keep us more in line and unable to get ahead. It will also be used an excuse to take away future benefits like Social Security and Medicare which everyone has paid into their whole working life.

If they are going to mint 1 Trillion, they might as well mint 16 Trillion and just pay off the debt and reset the system. This would cause the world markets to go nuts, but I really don't care if bankers and stock brokers take a loss.

The funny thing is that when proposals like this make it to discussion in the mainstream, it just shows how sick our financial system really is these days and how it is all an illusion.
Bankers and stockbrokers will never take a loss. They OWN the government, that was the whole point of the bail outs.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Silver Wings

Thanked 19,583 Times in 6,912 Posts

The coin is a ploy by the Dems to poke the GOP about how they play political football with the National debt ceiling.

It's a non-event and ain't gonna happen.

It's legal enough for lawyers to give it a couple of seconds of merit worth exploring, but psychologically, it would destroy confidence in our creditors and investors.

Disclaimer: The information I provide is my unaffiliated opinion and not reliable as financial advice. Past performance guarantees SHTF.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to txflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Gray Wolf View Post
Bankers and stockbrokers will never take a loss. They OWN the government, that was the whole point of the bail outs.
Hmmmmm.

But yet there are those in here who SWEAR that any minute the "government" is going to confiscate private 401ks and IRAs.

From the folks that "OWN" the government, "bankers" and "stockbrokers".

My biggest problem with tinfoilhattery ..... it's hard to keep the conspiracies straight.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGNasty View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...b_gallery.html

China and Japan with 1.2 trillion each.
Everyone else 150 billion.

2 coins each to China and Japan - toss a handful on the floor and let everyone else fight for 'em. Problem solved

Come on Bummer - sign the EO and be done with this debt thing

WHO holds the rest of it?

Google deeper.