Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Religious Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 04:23 PM
John 3:16

Thanked 48,067 Times in 20,527 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherEarth View Post
*ahem* I also will take all donations of fabric, thread, yarn, ric rack...oh..uh.. hehe - I love to craft and we have no hobby lobby!
Just Joanns 50 miles away..which they are fine but I have always heard Hobby Lobby rocks.

Anyways, I think if the company wants to stand on this hill and die than whatever, their right.

But I would be pretty damn irritated if my employer butted in to my personal life and said I could not have medical coverage for X because they were morally against it.

It could really get pretty ridiculous pretty quick because people have shown they have no common sense, and corporations have shown they have no true morals...in a general sense.

This is coming from some one who will not use any artificial birth control, has had all home natural births and completely trusts in Him for all things fertility related.

People use birth control pills for other things, and if you're going to let your loved one take that route - than insurance should cover it. The other option? Planned parenthood. Only place I know of for low cost or free birth control pills.
We really want people going there and building a relationship?
where does it stop?

should we force companies to stay open on Sunday?

Just because some feel its not a religious right to allow them to close?

if you owned a business and the goobermint stepped in and sad you cannot even speak to anyone about God while your working, how would you take that?

A right is a right. The choice should be the business on what they can and will offer their employees.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Saint For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,419 Times in 764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiara View Post
Below is a link to "No Guns No Money Business Cards" that you can leave with businesses owners who have "No Guns" signs.

http://paopencarry.org/no-guns-no-money-cards
Is Hobby Lobby anti gun? I didn't see any signs today.

I was just going to run to home depot or lowes for some paint for the boy's pinewood derby car but went to Hobby Lobby instead.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eugene For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 04:29 PM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Thanked 32,928 Times in 12,710 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
where does it stop?

should we force companies to stay open on Sunday?

Just because some feel its not a religious right to allow them to close?

if you owned a business and the goobermint stepped in and sad you cannot even speak to anyone about God while your working, how would you take that?

A right is a right. The choice should be the business on what they can and will offer their employees.
Exactly! If we give the government an inch they will undoubtedly take a mile. Where moral, religious, or biblical beliefs are concerned the government has no right to invade that level of privacy. If the tables were turned and the church tried to enforce their beliefs on government agency we would hear the screams of "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE" and the ACLU would be all over it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 04:33 PM
I loved this form

Thanked 1,159 Times in 636 Posts

The Lord giveth; the government taketh away.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pelican For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Blame Canada.

Thanked 2,203 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
The Christian owners of Hobby Lobby (based on their religious beliefs) are defying the Obamacare mandate that requires employers to pay for contraceptive drugs and/or devices. I'm pulling for them!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/27...irement-while/

If a woman decides that she doesn't want to become pregnant then she should refrain from reproductive activities (intercourse) in the first place. If she chooses not to use good judgement and/or common sense then she should be required to "pay" for the consequences of her own lack of restraint and/or stupidity -- not her employer! If she is unable to afford the stupid-pill then perhaps the responsibility should fall on her male counterpart. Why should a business owner be in any way responsible for someone else's poor judgement?

I'm also interested in supporting "The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty" which could certainly use our prayers and financial support.

http://www.becketfund.org/

Warning & Note: This forum does not allow the open discussion of ab**tion. Please refrain from discussing that portion of the article and simply discuss a business owner's right to religious freedom and/or the topic of contraception as related to the article. Thank you.
Well, I need a sheet or two of duck tape, and some leather scraps. I guess ill head over tommrow and buy extra.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vacas Locas For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 04:38 PM

Awards Showcase
Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Exactly! If we give the government an inch they will undoubtedly take a mile. Where moral, religious, or biblical beliefs are concerned the government has no right to invade that level of privacy. If the tables were turned and the church tried to enforce their beliefs on government agency we would hear the screams of "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE" and the ACLU would be all over it.
There is a war on Christianity.

The left askes this question;

Do the Christians want this?

If the answer is YES then according to them it should be banned or restricted or controlled by a wiser better Goobermint.

Prayer in Schools.... no, it will physiologically harm the kids

Pledge of allegiance, WHAT? is says the words "under God"..... NO WAY

Dont agree with sodomite marriage.... BOYCOTT

Nativity scenes....SUE THEM into compliance

Health care coverage that violates the business owners religious beliefs? ....the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the Constitution.

I'll bet if the business was muslim in nature this wouldn't be an issue. cause we are a muslim friendly administration.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Saint For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 04:48 PM
I loved this form

Thanked 1,159 Times in 636 Posts

See, the problem is that Obama care will cost the taxpayers leftt and right out of the nose to pay for their care which will be substandard and is still not free. Whenever you see a do ctor so money has to foot the bill but in Obama care, the whole pay for care. Business owners such as the Hobby Lobby family will pay exorbitant undeclared taxes; 100 million a day in the case of Hobby Lobby should they refuse. The employers has health insurance for the boo boos in life, but contraceptives are not part of that care, and will cost millions for these proprietors to pay. It will Mena layoffs and the reduction of employee benefits to cover the costs and that is incorrigible to the economy.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pelican For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Blame Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherEarth View Post
*ahem* I also will take all donations of fabric, thread, yarn, ric rack...oh..uh.. hehe - I love to craft and we have no hobby lobby!
Just Joanns 50 miles away..which they are fine but I have always heard Hobby Lobby rocks.

Anyways, I think if the company wants to stand on this hill and die than whatever, their right.

But I would be pretty damn irritated if my employer butted in to my personal life and said I could not have medical coverage for X because they were morally against it.

It could really get pretty ridiculous pretty quick because people have shown they have no common sense, and corporations have shown they have no true morals...in a general sense.

This is coming from some one who will not use any artificial birth control, has had all home natural births and completely trusts in Him for all things fertility related.

People use birth control pills for other things, and if you're going to let your loved one take that route - than insurance should cover it. The other option? Planned parenthood. Only place I know of for low cost or free birth control pills.
We really want people going there and building a relationship?
The thing is, your employer is not obliged to offer anything in the way of insurance. If you dont want folks in your business, dont take there money. That aside, birth control is available for free in most cases, and there are tons of options that dont involving robbing successful people and giving it to generational welfare recipients (who should be encouraged to use birth control). So in short, the company is not butting in to any ones business. They are being forced to offer something that's against their morals to offer.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vacas Locas For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Sua Sponte

Thanked 1,407 Times in 464 Posts

This subjects just ****es me off.

So, we are the nanny state again. I know little Sara cannot afford birth control, and even though I am a crappy parent, and she is only 15 and having sex weekly...she need BC, and someone should pay for it...I mean, what happens if she gets pregnant?

What happens? The same thing that has happened for hundreds of years. She has a baby, and she works her butt off to get by. It is not the government or employers job to "parent" or "supervise" people. Parents need to parent their children, and stop trying to be "cool". No, letting your child have sex is not cool.... it is trashy, and more than likely they are mirroring the parent.

Now, according to Obama's people, it cost $1200.00 a year to have oral contraceptives which is $100.00 a month, or $25.00 a week. Kids and adults spend much more than this on crap, junk food, cell phones, movies, cable tv, shopping, etc.

Spare me the drama about how they can't afford it. If you cannot afford it, you should not be having sex to begin with! I am so fed up with the progressive's mooch policy. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme where does it end?

You are responsible for yourself, and your children. It is not my job to take care of you, or the governments job, or your employers job.

Take responsibility for your actions!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WhiskeySix5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Blame Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySix5 View Post
This subjects just ****es me off.

So, we are the nanny state again. I know little Sara cannot afford birth control, and even though I am a crappy parent, and she is only 15 and having sex weekly...she need BC, and someone should pay for it...I mean, what happens if she gets pregnant?

What happens? The same thing that has happened for hundreds of years. She has a baby, and she works her butt off to get by. It is not the government or employers job to "parent" or "supervise" people. Parents need to parent their children, and stop trying to be "cool". No, letting your child have sex is not cool.... it is trashy, and more than likely they are mirroring the parent.

Now, according to Obama's people, it cost $1200.00 a year to have oral contraceptives which is $100.00 a month, or $25.00 a week. Kids and adults spend much more than this on crap, junk food, cell phones, movies, cable tv, shopping, etc.

Spare me the drama about how they can't afford it. If you cannot afford it, you should not be having sex to begin with! I am so fed up with the progressive's mooch policy. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme where does it end?

You are responsible for yourself, and your children. It is not my job to take care of you, or the governments job, or your employers job.

Take responsibility for your actions!
99% agree.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vacas Locas For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Always Loaded

Thanked 2,377 Times in 820 Posts

Hobby Lobby is a great shop and I have long supported thier stores. They are a very unique chain. I have always known they were owned by christians but this issue really proves they back up thier beliefs. Good for them.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hanzy4200 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,113 Times in 618 Posts

[quote=ActionJackson;5058958]The Christian owners of Hobby Lobby (based on their religious beliefs) are defying the Obamacare mandate that requires employers to pay for contraceptive drugs and/or devices. I'm pulling for them!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/27...irement-while/

If a woman decides that she doesn't want to become pregnant then she should refrain from reproductive activities (intercourse) in the first place. If she chooses not to use good judgement and/or common sense then she should be required to "pay" for the consequences of her own lack of restraint and/or stupidity -- not her employer! If she is unable to afford the stupid-pill then perhaps the responsibility should fall on her male counterpart. Why should a business owner be in any way responsible for someone else's poor judgement?

I'm also interested in supporting "The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty" which could certainly use our prayers and financial support.

http://www.becketfund.org/

Sex is part of a normal relationship, and not everyone wants children. I agree people should pay for their own BC, but it is that or an AB, which would you prefer? You want to get up in arms about an AB, but when people try to prevent it, you block that as well.

Why should someone be subject to a company's religious beliefs, if they don't believe them themselves? If people want to believe in the Bible or whatever, that is fine, but don't try to force it on others.

Last edited by felicia; 01-01-2013 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: Prohibited Subject
Old 01-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Plan Z: Run!

Thanked 17,924 Times in 7,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicia View Post
AJ,

You may not know or understand because you are a man. However, birth control pills are prescribed to 1000's of women for other reasons such as "Endometriosis", "Ovarian Cysts". Would you deny women this needed medical care ?? The only other treatment is a Hysterectomy.
Get off the troll wagon. No one is opposed the use of hormonal medications for the treatment of medical issues.

It's is about condoms, birth control pills, and plan B for free to prevent pregnancy rustling from recreational activities.

And you really must be crazy if you think anyone is going to deny you your Midol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 9111315 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Sua Sponte

Thanked 1,407 Times in 464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msurvivalist View Post
Why should someone be subject to a company's religious beliefs, if they don't believe them themselves? If people want to believe in the Bible or whatever, that is fine, but don't try to force it on others.
No one says you HAVE to work at Hobby Lobby, therefore, your not subject to their religous beliefs right?

You can choose to work where ever you want
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WhiskeySix5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:38 PM

Awards Showcase
Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msurvivalist View Post
Sex is part of a normal relationship, and not everyone wants children. I agree people should pay for their own BC, but it is that or an AB, which would you prefer? You want to get up in arms about an AB, but when people try to prevent it, you block that as well.

I a Christian business owner. MY values are part of MY company.

If my employees don't like that they are free to find gainful employment elsewhere.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Saint For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Wavering Democrat

Thanked 2,138 Times in 845 Posts

Have you been to Hobby Lobby and looked at the labels. Nothing but cheap Chinese junk in those stores. I think they are more concerned about their profits then Christian values.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Senior Jr Member

Isn't it the Insurance company itself that denies the subscriber the birth control pills, "Sorry, [not really] that is not covered in our contract".
Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 8,167 Times in 2,472 Posts

Quote:
AJ,

You may not know or understand because you are a man. However, birth control pills are prescribed to 1000's of women for other reasons such as "Endometriosis", "Ovarian Cysts". Would you deny women this needed medical care ?? The only other treatment is a Hysterectomy.
And the same hormones in the PILL can be given by themselves without the BC effects
Old 01-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Survivus most anythingus

Thanked 4,448 Times in 1,995 Posts

Quote:
AJ,

My Wife has them and without birth control pills, she would be facing the removal of one ovary or worse. To be blunt about it, she is 41 now and her days on birth control are numbered because of her age, it's not good for women over 40 to be on birth control for years on end...but that's how it is being suppressed and kept under 10CM now. She had them so bad that they performed an appendectomy eight years ago because it is so painful and oftentimes presents as appendicitis.

I don't think that employers, pharmacists or doctors should have to Rx or supply, specifically the abortive mentioned in the article. When I read "contraception," I think of hormone treatment or condom or spermicide, etc., not the "morning after pill" which is an abortive.

All of that having been said, employers that refuse to provide birth control medications for therapeutic reasons outlined above? Sue them into bankruptcy.
The Following User Says Thank You to DBR For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Survivus most anythingus

Thanked 4,448 Times in 1,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine-marine View Post
And the same hormones in the PILL can be given by themselves without the BC effects
Can you please post the information, the drug and delivery system, the actual therapy for this?
Closed Thread