Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 04:48 PM
student dr

Default FerFal of "surviving in argentina" on radio Saturday night

Advertise Here

In case anyone is interested, FerFal, the guy who writes the Surviving in Argentina blog and "Surviving the Economic Collapse" book will be on the radio this Saturday w/ the chris bronson show.

It's 8-11pm eastern this Saturday. The website/link is here: http://cbrons.com/episode-006-12292012/ if you are interested.

Personally I'd like to hear more from this guy, I know his youtube is popular and his writings as well. I think we are headed for an economic collapse sometime relatively soon here in the USA.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dax For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
In case anyone is interested, FerFal, the guy who writes the Surviving in Argentina blog and "Surviving the Economic Collapse" book will be on the radio this Saturday w/ the chris bronson show.

It's 8-11pm eastern this Saturday. The website/link is here: http://cbrons.com/episode-006-12292012/ if you are interested.

Personally I'd like to hear more from this guy, I know his youtube is popular and his writings as well. I think we are headed for an economic collapse sometime relatively soon here in the USA.
This will be interesting. He has seen a lot and although we are different than the Argentinians a lot will come down the same way. Like the remote farms coming under attack with the slaughter of the families. I really liked the interviews with Matt Bracken. I wish I was only 30 or 40 so I would be in better shape to deal with all this mess. Sixty is no fun and I like my sleep- in my own bed. Can't run and gun like the children.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nutty Old Geezer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2012, 11:29 PM
student dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Old Geezer View Post
This will be interesting. He has seen a lot and although we are different than the Argentinians a lot will come down the same way. Like the remote farms coming under attack with the slaughter of the families. I really liked the interviews with Matt Bracken. I wish I was only 30 or 40 so I would be in better shape to deal with all this mess. Sixty is no fun and I like my sleep- in my own bed. Can't run and gun like the children.
Heh lots out there like you my friend. In fact, I think this is what Matt himself said.

In any case, I still recommend to everyone who hasn't read it. Literally a fictional account of what is going on right now in our country and what might happen if these gun grabbers think they are going to push people around forever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dax For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 05:23 PM
student dr

Cheap saturday entertainment in 1 hour and 40 minutes: www.cbrons.com/listen-live
Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 PM
student dr

Back-up stream: The main Chris Bronson Show stream went full I guess. If you couldn't listen in, here is the back-up one: http://libertymovementradio.com/listenBU.pls
The Following User Says Thank You to Dax For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 PM
I'll fix it

Thanked 1,771 Times in 988 Posts

Thanks, I listened to the whole program.
The Following User Says Thank You to techo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 11:41 AM
student dr

full interview: full episode: can be download from http://cbrons.com/show-archive/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dax For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 AM
student dr

The show is being replayed right now

http://www.libertymovementradio.com/LMR.pls <-- link for winamp and itunes
http://www.libertymovementradio.com/LMR.asx <--- link for windows media player
Old 01-01-2013, 04:00 AM
Target Shooter

While I like some of what FerFal has to say he is too much a gloom and doom guy for me. He make it sound like everything will catch fire and hoards of zombies will roam the streets looking for someone to murder rape and rob (in this order). There are many lessons to learn from Argentina but one must also remember to learn how they coped with the problems and take the actions now to protect oneself now and not wait for STHTF.

I would advice everyone to listen to what FerFal has to say but to remember that it is a bit on the gloomy side since that is what the audience want to hear.
The Following User Says Thank You to Camel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:04 AM
Angry ol' coot

Thanked 7,293 Times in 1,952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel View Post
While I like some of what FerFal has to say he is too much a gloom and doom guy for me. He make it sound like everything will catch fire and hoards of zombies will roam the streets looking for someone to murder rape and rob (in this order). There are many lessons to learn from Argentina but one must also remember to learn how they coped with the problems and take the actions now to protect oneself now and not wait for STHTF.

I would advice everyone to listen to what FerFal has to say but to remember that it is a bit on the gloomy side since that is what the audience want to hear.
We have never lived what he has been through. When people have no food, water, hope...they will become animals just to find their next meal...or they will die. Throw one's children into the above...desperate people do desperate things. Who is going to watch their kids starve without doing something about it?

That's Argentina...look at the USA. We have a large class of gov't teat suckers, that are helpless without Uncle Sugar. Generations that don't understand self-reliance...have bankrupted this country. We also have a medicated populace, often paid for by the aforementioned Uncle Sug...how are they going to handle life without their meds (I'm not talking high blood pressure pills). That will be the Zombie Apocalypse people refer too. And it better be a head shot.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NoOzone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 06:14 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,147 Times in 2,513 Posts

'Better to try to understand the crisis than try to run from it".

Massive inflation. Food is available, just crazy expensive.
Work exists, just hard to find.
Cash economy then barter.

Not sustenance farming, but hardship. He is so right on point. You don't fight this with an AR-15 but with a second income, a good fence, a neighborhood watch. You learn a language, skill and keep your faith. Thank you again FERFAL, I agree you can get used to almost anything and survive. As in Argentina, "ask anyone where they buy food" even in the county. Surviving on farms is a fantasy. Life will go on in the suburbs and be very difficult. Work is they key, not food.

Comparing Obama to Perone was right on.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KaBar67 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOzone View Post
We have never lived what he has been through. When people have no food, water, hope...they will become animals just to find their next meal...or they will die. Throw one's children into the above...desperate people do desperate things. Who is going to watch their kids starve without doing something about it?

That's Argentina...look at the USA. We have a large class of gov't teat suckers, that are helpless without Uncle Sugar. Generations that don't understand self-reliance...have bankrupted this country. We also have a medicated populace, often paid for by the aforementioned Uncle Sug...how are they going to handle life without their meds (I'm not talking high blood pressure pills). That will be the Zombie Apocalypse people refer too. And it better be a head shot.
Do you really think this is something that you can't prepare for now? Don't sit around and wait for the end of the world, do something about it so it doesn't get to a point of no return where the hoards are roaming the streets looking for the living...

I have friends in South America and they have been trough some rough stuff but it wasn't as bad as some make it out to be. I'm sure some places were hit bad by criminals, floods, earthquakes, epidemics and stuff but that is something you will have to live with. Sitting around on your ass doing nothing today won't help you tomorrow. Try to find one thing a week you can do to prepare society for a coming crisis. You should be well of just by being a member here to make it trough without much hassle so lets make sure the zombie hoards never form.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Survivor

I did not take Ferfal as a doom and gloom outlook. What happened in Argentina might not happen here. It might just be much worse. We are not use to the things that happen as everyday life in Argentina. If we start losing our daily routine things could get downright ulgy. Or worse! Do prepare now. Change can sometimes come very suddenly. Ask the Russians living in the USSR. If you follow Ferfal's teachings like today, he says

"Lets enjoy these good times with the people we care about, recharge batteries so as to have the energy to face another challenging year!"

So prepare, but stop and smell the roses!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 AM
+

Thanked 2,824 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBar67 View Post
Surviving on farms is a fantasy. Life will go on in the suburbs and be very difficult. Work is they key, not food.
Surviving on farms is fantasy? I'll have to call the kinfolk and tell them their whole life was a fantasy. During the Great Depression my family wasn't standing in bread lines, begging for handouts, or working for WPA. They weren't rich, but they did far better on the farm most people.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lakota For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Capability, not scenarios

Thanked 21,701 Times in 6,620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakota View Post
Surviving on farms is fantasy? I'll have to call the kinfolk and tell them their whole life was a fantasy. During the Great Depression my family wasn't standing in bread lines, begging for handouts, or working for WPA. They weren't rich, but they did far better on the farm most people.
I think KaBar's point was that the idea that MOST people could go live on farms is a fantasy.

Further, the economy will still work, sort of, and the name of the game will be finding work to pay for the food that comes into the 'burbs from farms.

IMO, under that scenario, the big issue will be some sort of medium of exchange. One can try to barter, but one had better have what others want. Something like 90 percent junk silver coins would be a better bet, at least, some supply of them along with other potential barterable items.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goose3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOzone View Post

Yeah, that is partially why mass migration out of cities could be a prob for the immediate suburbs.

This is essentially what Matt Bracken, the navy seal and author of enemies foreign and domestic talks about in another interview I did with him:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cbrons For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Steel True Blade Straight

Thanked 1,003 Times in 438 Posts

I've gleaned quite a bit of good info from FerFal for years now....

However, Argentina is a completely, totally different country. From grass roots economics, to education, as well as a peasant/serf/noble/rich class culture its night and day to the US. FerFal's insight is also from a urban perspective. The working class, or any class in Argentina isn't even as close to being armed as the US. With so many differences from the ground up its very hard to pull direct comparison's.

The rancher's and farmer's here are often veterans, more often than not armed, and in most cases very close with neighbors. I've seen first hand what happens when outlaws (tweakers/car thiefs/rustlers), visit ranches and farms. I've watched a truck thief call 9-11 on himself he-he...while he was pinned down in a ditch by a mob of neighbors. The deputy who arrived about a hour later, just laughed and used a loud-hailer to coax the dummy out'a the creek. And promised the shooting would stop. The rounds down range were just to keep him in the ditch. I guess the guy musta got tired of hitchhiking from the freeway. Our elected LEO's, here at least, either grew up on ranches or own one. I hate to think what would'a happened if the thief had been better armed, or had hurt somebody. ..D-E-D, dead... We as in all the neighbors monitor all the car traffic up and down the roads here. You can see a truck coming from miles and miles away, and at night even further.

So the rural aspect to FerFal, I'm afraid in my situation, won't apply. You can argue all you want about raiders, but its a long, long, way's to any real city where I'm stationed. I worry a lot more of being federalized to feed city people.-WW

ps. But glean what you can there are some good urban tips that could help save you someday.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wetwork For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,147 Times in 2,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakota View Post
Didn't even listen did you. You go to grocery store now I'll bet
Old 01-01-2013, 05:13 PM
+

Thanked 2,824 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBar67 View Post
Didn't even listen did you. You go to grocery store now I'll bet
I did listen while I cooked a breakfast of eggs from my chickens. Grocery stores shut down and we still eat. Food prices get hyper inflated and we won't be selling jewelry to eat.

I can rely on my neighbors at the homestead (family), which isn't true about my neighbors at our house in town who turn a blind eye and cower when anything happens.

The houses aren't plush, but they're paid off. When the power goes out, we still have light. If it gets cold, we light a fire. If something breaks, we fix it.

You can balk at self reliance all you want, but my family has done well by it. When times are tough we still get by while others are crying for big sister to save them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lakota For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Survivor

If SHTF happens and there are millions of hungry people in the cities and burbs, do you think you can continue a normal country life? Can you provide 24/7 security? How many people do you think you can run off before you find one that refuses to leave? How many attacks could you survive? Granted that is worse case but however remote it is possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nutty Old Geezer For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread