Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Military Weapons Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here

Old 12-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,064 Times in 411 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthemac View Post
If the AWB happens to pass all existing guns will be grandfathered in (see the rough outline of the bill)

I'm sure she will.
Can you guarantee that? Of course you cant. Not only can you not guarantee anything, you cant be sure that what you are reading is even close to what is being submitted.

What if some bill with "eminent domain" type forfeitures are put into place. Who gets to decide what something is worth? They do of course.

Do you really want an AR with thumbhole stock, bullet button, 10 round mags, etc, etc, etc. Thats all im saying. 2 of the 3 options arent that good so i say - Sell Now for top dollar and buy more guns. If nothing happens, buying another when things get back to normal.

What do you do if they make the penalty for posession of high cap mags punishable with jail time. Do you keep them and try to hide them?
The Following User Says Thank You to WGSNewnan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Parapup

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGSNewnan View Post
Can you guarantee that? Of course you cant. Not only can you not guarantee anything, you cant be sure that what you are reading is even close to what is being submitted.

What if some bill with "eminent domain" type forfeitures are put into place. Who gets to decide what something is worth? They do of course.

Do you really want an AR with thumbhole stock, bullet button, 10 round mags, etc, etc, etc. Thats all im saying. 2 of the 3 options arent that good so i say - Sell Now for top dollar and buy more guns. If nothing happens, buying another when things get back to normal.

What do you do if they make the penalty for posession of high cap mags punishable with jail time. Do you keep them and try to hide them?
I will make a bet with you right now and put money in escrow that any new bill that is put into law will grandfather currently existing "assault weapons."

The original AWB from 1994-2004 grandfathered all existing weapons and the newly proposed bill will as well see link below:
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...d-ebf318d46d02

FURTHERMORE... can you imagine the **** show the .gov would be in for if they attempted to confiscate all currently existing weapons?? yea not gonna happen. I can seem them permanently banning any new production and waiting it out until the industry shrivels and dies, but taking existing weapons is NOT feasible. More firearms were sold the day after the CT shooting then in any other day on record. It is a logistical impossibility to confiscate all outstanding weapons.

Gun control has always been a ugly topic, avoided by many politicians in an effort to retain support from their voting base. Pushing too strict an agenda will backfire, they need to soft sell this to get the bipartisan support they need to push this through
Old 12-23-2012, 08:10 PM

I have decided not to sell my AR. My reasons are based on honor and respect. What kind of person would it make me to sell a $600 gun for $1500 or more? It makes you no better then the government to take advantage of people right now. I am going to focus my efforts elsewhere instead of making money off of dummys paying for overpriced guns. This will all blow over or settle down sooner or later because we will run out of money eventually. When it does come to an end I prefer to have a clean and honost councious and not be labled as one of those pwople who took advantage of our fellow gun owners. We all need to united on a common front. The government has us all so divided we stab each other in the back and take advantage of each other as soon as we get a chance. The politicans are laughing their asses off at us while they are taking out rights away. Instead of uniting and fighting the real enemy we are all trying to make a buck off of each other. Hope everyone has a good Yuletide/Christmas.
The Following User Says Thank You to TeutonicHeathen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Parapup

TH,
I support your desire to retain a clean conscience, but I think the more admirable thing, is you will have a 3rd shooter if and when you need it. I admit, at first I was also irritated with the price gouging currently int effect, but ultimately its a supply and demand issue, and all anger should be directed at our politicians who desire to "look like we are doing something productive" so they can report progress to their constituents.

We've had plenty of time to prep, we should have used it more wisely.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:51 PM
To the surface!

Thanked 6,542 Times in 2,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthemac View Post
I will make a bet with you right now and put money in escrow that any new bill that is put into law will grandfather currently existing "assault weapons."

<SNIP>

Gun control has always been a ugly topic, avoided by many politicians in an effort to retain support from their voting base. Pushing too strict an agenda will backfire, they need to soft sell this to get the bipartisan support they need to push this through
I agree with your post - the main reasons are the motivations and the people behind the politics: they either don't know or don't care to know or don't really care about the technical issues - they need to make it look like they are doing something.

They do understand that politics is the art of the possible, and they know that they can only get so much pushed through right now, that if they try to go too far they won't get anything - they can always try for more later. It is mostly for show anyway, and they know it.

There will be some who are either true believers or those who need to appear to be so, who will push for the max. Some of that is that they really want what they push, but I am sure some of it is posturing and bargaining to be able to ask for the max, and appear to settle for less, to get the most they feel is possible, maybe more than they would get if they started off asking for less.

All that said, it is best to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. How each person does that depends on their situation, but probably one of the best tactics, besides making plans for the worst, is to keep a a very low profile with regards to purchases (i.e., as private as possible) and ownership.

I don't even hint to anybody except people very close to me, that I own firearms, much less what kind (naturally, my presence here would indicate that I do own firearms, but even here I try to be fairly obscure about what I own). Surely the gov can have fairly good indicators of who probably owns firearms, but they only have a vague idea for those who are careful and wise about their purchases and ownership.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:53 PM

I would not sell it unless you had a replacement in hand. The gun market has gone crazy and it won't get better for at least four years, and maybe not even then. Even if you sold the gun, I would hang on the most of the mags.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Stinks like...BO

Thanked 1,764 Times in 565 Posts

You can only realistically use one rifle, this isn't a video game where you can carry 4 on your person! So If you want to sell now is the time. But I would use some of that money to buy spare parts for your AK and SKS, ammo, and a few more mags. You will still have a few hundred left over to do with what you please, but the ultimate choice is yours all of us are just opinions.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Mr. Sheeple

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeutonicHeathen View Post
...What kind of person would it make me to sell a $600 gun for $1500 or more? ...
A person that made $900 profit? Better than buying it for $600 and being forced to sell for $250 because there is tons of them around. After all it is simply a hunk of machined steel.

There is no moral failing in selling a non essential item to the highest bidder. If that was the case we should shut down all the art auctions.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Wilddieb

Thanked 1,728 Times in 919 Posts

Quote:
...If it gets to the point of gun confinscation what will one person do with an AR15? ...
Will you hand in your rifle to unconstitutional gun grabbing goons?

If yes, please wipe your a** with the constitution, because then it is not more worth than one-ply toilet paper.

It is wrong to think that way: "if they will come for my rifles I rather sell and have some bucks."

Freedom is worth more than 1200 bucks.

Freedom you can't buy. But freedom you can defend with a rifle.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:17 AM
Wilddieb

Thanked 1,728 Times in 919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
A person that made $900 profit? Better than buying it for $600 and being forced to sell for $250 because there is tons of them around. After all it is simply a hunk of machined steel.

There is no moral failing in selling a non essential item to the highest bidder. If that was the case we should shut down all the art auctions.
You are not selling a gun, you are selling out your constitution and your freedom.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Target Shooter

You wnat to sell the AR and then you say you would want another AR before the gun ban goes into effect. How does that make sense? The AR's will not be getting cheaper if a gun ban becomes law.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Mr. Sheeple

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldlaeufer View Post
You are not selling a gun, you are selling out your constitution and your freedom.
BS. He has other guns. The discussion is not about a gun ban. It is about making profit from idiots that are afraid of a gun ban.

The Constitution does not declare you must own a AR to preserve Life, Liberty and the pursuit of animals.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Chef,cook & bottle washer

One thing that came to my mind when all of this started last week was WOW, may just be a coinsidence, but it seems to me the states are raking in the sales tax dollars for all the extra gun/mag sales not to mention how inflated the prices are getting. If they can keep the frenzy going to deplete the current supply, this might even make for a few more tempory jobs and bring in more $'s to the Fed by way of income tax.... Just a thought but I can tell you I had been one trip away from pulling the trigger on a new ar10 but I think I'll wait it out, if I'm wrong, so be it. I have more than a few capable platforms and plenty of supplies to crank out ammo for them.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I sell US Military MRE's

Thanked 5,507 Times in 2,287 Posts

A DelTon / DPMS build AR is no big deal. Get your $3,000 for it and then buy your pistols, other guns etc at a more normal price. Or sit on the money and see what happens. If it blows over then you can afford a top tier AR at a great price.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Maximus

Thanked 13,382 Times in 6,004 Posts

Quote:
I currently have a AR15 A2 style rifle with 5 pmags. With the current market frenzy right now I think I would be crazy not to sell. I paid 600 for the gun a few years ago. It is a DPMS upper and Delton lower. I have an AK and a SKS. If I could double my money on the AR, why not? If it gets to the point of gun confinscation what will one person do with an AR15? I am more of a AK person anyways, also If I sell the AR it will fund a lot of other gun projects. But on the other hand the AR is fun to shoot, and I would want one before a ban goes into effect. Do you think there will be a ban? The AR is the most popular selling gun in America right now. Should I cash in or not is the question??
I'd sell at about 2,000.. maybe 1800. But the way things are going, you can ask 2200-2500 and might get it.

I wouldn't look back because there are other options to be had and if the the ban never happens then you just re-purchase it at about 700$ later.

I just look at it from a business point of view. I am not emotionally attached to my ar's. Just business.