Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Financial Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here

Old 12-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Silver Wings

Thanked 21,028 Times in 7,206 Posts

Advertise Here

I really thought they were going to work out a deal. Most all the financial columnists have been harping all year that they would.

I don't think the columnists took into account these guys can't see past their ****, much less five, ten, twenty years from now.

I'm having reservations about them making deal. Gotta go, more later....

Disclaimer: The information I provide is my unaffiliated opinion and not reliable as financial advice. Past performance guarantees SHTF.
The Following User Says Thank You to txflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,668 Times in 3,434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txflyboy View Post
I really thought they were going to work out a deal. Most all the financial columnists have been harping all year that they would.

I don't think the columnists took into account these guys can't see past their ****, much less five, ten, twenty years from now.

I'm having reservations about them making deal. Gotta go, more later....
These guys look towards the next fiscal quarter. The Chinese look at the 10, 20 and 50 year programs.

Even my personal outlook is longer term than those running the show in this country.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sierra skier For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Fighter

When people look back on 2008 until present, in 100 years, what will they think? Will they see 2008 as the beginning of the end?
Old 12-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Silver Wings

Wink ranting my ass off ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra skier View Post
These guys look towards the next fiscal quarter. The Chinese look at the 10, 20 and 50 year programs.

Even my personal outlook is longer term than those running the show in this country.

The whole thing is becoming so intense and unpredictable, it's forcing investors to re-evaluate over and over if they even want to play the game and chase yields. And that's a bad thing. Uncertainty is kryptonite to growth. I can say what this one guy is about to do. I'm about to plow everything to the sidelines into cash and safe harbor for a while until I see where the storm is going. **** them. With a capital F. I hope if I lose money, the whole GD world loses money. Them included.

This could be one of those gut do or die moments like before 2008 when Schiff and a few others were saying get out and no one was paying attention. I don't really know. They could kick the can for two or three more years with some good gains. Don't ask me how, but they've been doing it. I don't think they can, but I'm logical, they ain't.

I know I'm going to bust some moves financially this week and next if they don't say something quick.

Disclaimer: The information I provide is my unaffiliated opinion and not reliable as financial advice. Past performance guarantees SHTF.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmaster1918 View Post
Why do you call the Tea Party, tea baggers? Are you a liberal Obama supporter who is lazy, and will not work, and expects people to work and pay for your lazy habits? I'm just curious of your tea bagger comment, when the rest of your message seemed to make sense.
LOL. Sorry, I don't subscribe to either of the religious, er.. political parties in this country. You jump right out like a sheeple calling me an Obama supporter or liberal like that is supposed to be an insult. They got you brainwashed my man. Hint...neither party is for the common man, believe that.

As far as the tea baggers go, I actually got involved when the movement first started before it got thrown off the track by the Republican party! The tea baggers were very very close to the Libertarian movement initially on many fronts, unfortunately they got lumped in with the religious right and the same old fringe issues which have been pulling down the Republicans. The movement got slaughtered this last election cycle and I don't see it getting any better. The people want a third party, not another caucus within the Republican house.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGecko For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,668 Times in 3,434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txflyboy View Post
The whole thing is becoming so intense and unpredictable, it's forcing investors to re-evaluate over and over if they even want to play the game and chase yields. And that's a bad thing. Uncertainty is kryptonite to growth. I can say what this one guy is about to do. I'm about to plow everything to the sidelines into cash and safe harbor for a while until I see where the storm is going. **** them. With a capital F. I hope if I lose money, the whole GD world loses money. Them included.

This could be one of those gut do or die moments like before 2008 when Schiff and a few others were saying get out and no one was paying attention. I don't really know. They could kick the can for two or three more years with some good gains. Don't ask me how, but they've been doing it. I don't think they can, but I'm logical, they ain't.

I know I'm going to bust some moves financially this week and next if they don't say something quick.
I discovered this about the time of my join date here. We are in uncharted waters full of reefs. Every time I thought I started to figure out what was causing fluctuations I was proven wrong.

That is why I am stacking. Back in 2003 I told the wife that this can't keep on going like it is, regarding real estate. I got hot and heave into my firearms and ammo. I ordered my first long term storage food in the spring of 2008 and began with PMs in the spring of 2009 and haven't stopped since. My average cost per oz. is just over $23.

I wish I had my tinfoil hat on much sooner but my preps are well along and I am comfortable with most everything except large fuel storage and solar. There is always more to do. I am well over the frustration with the system and have accepted the fact that it is beyond control.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:01 AM
Silver Wings

Quote:
I discovered this about the time of my join date here. We are in uncharted waters full of reefs. Every time I thought I started to figure out what was causing fluctuations I was proven wrong.

That is why I am stacking. Back in 2003 I told the wife that this can't keep on going like it is, regarding real estate. I got hot and heave into my firearms and ammo. I ordered my first long term storage food in the spring of 2008 and began with PMs in the spring of 2009 and haven't stopped since. My average cost per oz. is just over $23.

I wish I had my tinfoil hat on much sooner but my preps are well along and I am comfortable with most everything except large fuel storage and solar. There is always more to do. I am well over the frustration with the system and have accepted the fact that it is beyond control.

You know I'm stacking too, but the sooner we can get our old farmstead worked into a self-sustainable place to bug out to or retire to permanently the better imo. My wife is a city girl, but she's done with the madness herself. Besides, twenty years of me working on her finally worked I guess.

Utilities along with everything else are going to continue to rise. Water could be the big surprise for everyone if it takes center stage. Serious inflation is right around the corner. I know we've been saying that for three years now, but sooner or later, the chickens have to come home to roost.

Pardon the sidetrack rant, but if we revert back to Clinton taxes, it could put us into a depression. Money will find the quan. Even if it's in Bulgaria. Money always wants the quan.

The Following User Says Thank You to txflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Recent Blog:
reading since 2008

The fiscal cliff is inevitable it raises taxes for virtually everyone and cuts spending by a 100 billion per year for 10 years its got something for everyone, although draconian it will bolster the dollar and drive down pms
Old 12-24-2012, 03:08 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,091 Times in 579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semore Butts View Post
If I have to pay more taxes I will have to lay off my new employee thus reducing my ability to make profit. So now I just laid off a tax payer.
!

What? So you lay off an employee and make less to save taxes somehow? Wh

Every person in my shop makes more profit than a "tax increase". When there comes a time when employers start holding on to people when there is no work you might have something. I havnt seen any charity employees in a long time.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 AM
The Next Generation

It now seems very unlikely that we get a deal. My strategy with money now is to get out of stocks and wait for it to run down as our GDP growth goes negative over the next few quarters.

If even the CBO thinks the cliff will collapse GDP growth, then how to politicians think that more taxes are gonna raise revenue? Lower GDP means less tax money. If I was the benevolent dictator of the USA, I would be simplifying taxes and slightly lowering rates on corporations and individuals to speeds GDP growth and simply grow our way into prosperity (while also being the grim reaper with spending)
Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 AM
spoonmaster

Thanked 28,249 Times in 7,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGecko View Post
LOL. Sorry, I don't subscribe to either of the religious, er.. political parties in this country. You jump right out like a sheeple calling me an Obama supporter or liberal like that is supposed to be an insult. They got you brainwashed my man. Hint...neither party is for the common man, believe that.

As far as the tea baggers go, I actually got involved when the movement first started before it got thrown off the track by the Republican party! The tea baggers were very very close to the Libertarian movement initially on many fronts, unfortunately they got lumped in with the religious right and the same old fringe issues which have been pulling down the Republicans. The movement got slaughtered this last election cycle and I don't see it getting any better. The people want a third party, not another caucus within the Republican house.
From what I've seen of the Tea Party I like them. However, I see what you mean. Your response makes sense. It's just that when I hear the term tea baggers, I think of the morons in the media who called them that, and it's turns me off.
The Following User Says Thank You to brewmaster1918 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 10:05 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 21,701 Times in 6,096 Posts

Quote:

Gosh, y'all are making me feel old! I started back in the 70s and it never really seemed like there was an era, without some crap or other - high interest or inflation or something to fuss over. There have been some short periods in my life, when I wasn't a homesteader/prepper - very short-lived. 'Course, some of my mentors still had very vivid, painful memories of the depression, too.

But I've never seen this many things - all at one time - raising the "danger" flags... and making me want to fill the moat with alligators and raise the draw bridge... and schedule a watch, 24/7.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 8,216 Times in 2,623 Posts

We are going over the cliff. The president has too much to gain from another depression to try and avoid it.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,607 Times in 1,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Mil View Post
We are going over the cliff. The president has too much to gain from another depression to try and avoid it.
Too bad we don't really know, we can speculate on what the president wants. On the news a bit ago, an insider to the negotiations said Boner told 0bama that he was putting 800 billion in revenue on the table, what will you do? 0bama said "nothing." So much for compromise. He wants this tax increase and budget cut to the military bad. And give the blame to the republicans. And is going to blame them in the state of the union. He does not care about the country, only his ideology.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deep woods For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 02:41 PM

If you think dems and repubs aren't on the same side, and not your side, you're ridiculous. This whole dog and pony show about the fiscal cliff is a way for them to not cut spending and lose tax cuts all at the same time and they both will point fingers, thereby keeping you all focused on who to blame while all of them go out to lunch with their bank buddies.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zlotych For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 03:21 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 21,701 Times in 6,096 Posts

Headline article in WSJ today, was about currency valuation pressures. That goes well with fiscal cliff, don't you think?
Old 12-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,842 Times in 2,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep woods View Post
Too bad we don't really know, we can speculate on what the president wants. On the news a bit ago, an insider to the negotiations said Boner told 0bama that he was putting 800 billion in revenue on the table, what will you do? 0bama said "nothing." So much for compromise. He wants this tax increase and budget cut to the military bad. And give the blame to the republicans. And is going to blame them in the state of the union. He does not care about the country, only his ideology.
And then he will "cut" taxes for his most favored voters and bask in the glow of a Democrat being called "tax cutter". The rest of the tyrants in DC who support his "cuts" (which will really just bring them back to where they are now) will ride that during their next election cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlotych View Post
If you think dems and repubs aren't on the same side, and not your side, you're ridiculous. This whole dog and pony show about the fiscal cliff is a way for them to not cut spending and lose tax cuts all at the same time and they both will point fingers, thereby keeping you all focused on who to blame while all of them go out to lunch with their bank buddies.
Until the mob storms DC or the generals pull a coup, they are what we're stuck with. If you want any kind of say in the government you have to support one of the lesser-of-two-evils or the other.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Gone for Good

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,885 Posts

Obama will never sign a acceptable realistic legislation that will deal with our debt & spending problems. Its very clear to me that the only real option will be to pay our bills and debt with inflation. This method keeps his followers happy,clueless and enjoying the future increases in all the programs that pay them.

Buy your goods and assets that will hold value as the inflation machine gets up speed.

Red
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedWoods For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 05:19 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,327 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillar View Post
The markets are going to sell off today because it looks like Obama doesn't want to work towards driving around the fiscal cliff. We will be going over it Thelma and louise style.
obama more financially conservative than the R's...
funny, aint it?
Old 12-24-2012, 05:22 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,327 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmaster1918 View Post
ROFLMAO!! I see that you are not an economist.
so then lets make the tax rate -1% and revenues will go to infinity!!1111oneoneone omg

do you know what the point of diminishing returns means?