Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Religious Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 12-15-2012, 04:17 AM
First virtue is strength

Cool

Advertise Here

OK, fellow Taoist, ''The Way that can be described is NOT the true Way'' so I feel your pain in trying to explain what's what and how even regarding Taoists vs. Confucians (not even starting on the legalists).

I'm not sure it's a reasonable transition from political oppression/persecution to WROL. Thing is..government directed seizure of stored goods is, well, orderly even systematic so concealing them made sense .. in WROL situations that deceptive place you've decided to stash them is AS likely a place for someone else to hide their similar sized goods meaning they suddenly have twice as much to lose!!

I believe, personally, that our best bet for survival of TEOTWAWKI is to allow yourself to become True Man (I DID NOT say ASPIRE) and transcend the strife.. Good luck to us all.
The Following User Says Thank You to darkofnight For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2012, 12:47 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofnight View Post
OK, fellow Taoist, ''The Way that can be described is NOT the true Way'' so I feel your pain in trying to explain what's what and how even regarding Taoists vs. Confucians (not even starting on the legalists).

I'm not sure it's a reasonable transition from political oppression/persecution to WROL. Thing is..government directed seizure of stored goods is, well, orderly even systematic so concealing them made sense .. in WROL situations that deceptive place you've decided to stash them is AS likely a place for someone else to hide their similar sized goods meaning they suddenly have twice as much to lose!!

I believe, personally, that our best bet for survival of TEOTWAWKI is to allow yourself to become True Man (I DID NOT say ASPIRE) and transcend the strife.. Good luck to us all.

Yea, I get what you're saying. I think I was thinking more along the lines of post SHTF in leading a small survivalist group / selecting and leading group members, how to conduct yourself and arrange your environment...
I'm thinking of some these:

DDJ:

Not to value and employ men of superior ability is the way to
keep the people from rivalry among themselves; not to prize articles
which are difficult to procure is the way to keep them from becoming
thieves; not to show them what is likely to excite their desires is
the way to keep their minds from disorder.

Therefore the sage, in the exercise of his government, empties
their minds, fills their bellies, weakens their wills, and strengthens
their bones.He constantly (tries to) keep them without knowledge and without desire, and where there are those who have knowledge, to keep them from presuming to act (on it). When there is this abstinence from
action, good order is universal.

and...

DDJ 5
Heaven and earth do not act from (the impulse of) any wish to be
benevolent; they deal with all things as the dogs of grass are dealt
with. The sages do not act from (any wish to be) benevolent; they
deal with the people as the dogs of grass are dealt with.

and...

DDJ 7
Therefore the sage puts his own person last, and yet it is found in
the foremost place; he treats his person as if it were foreign to him,
and yet that person is preserved. Is it not because he has no
personal and private ends, that therefore such ends are realised?

Also...

DDJ 15

The skilful masters (of the Tao) in old times, with a subtle
and exquisite penetration, comprehended its mysteries, and were deep
(also) so as to elude men's knowledge. As they were thus beyond men's
knowledge, I will make an effort to describe of what sort they
appeared to be.

Shrinking looked they like those who wade through a stream in
winter; irresolute like those who are afraid of all around them; grave
like a guest (in awe of his host); evanescent like ice that is melting
away; unpretentious like wood that has not been fashioned into
anything; vacant like a valley, and dull like muddy water.

Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it
will gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest?
Let movement go on, and the condition of rest will gradually arise.

They who preserve this method of the Tao do not wish to be full (of
themselves). It is through their not being full of themselves that
they can afford to seem worn and not appear new and complete.

So....
These seem really relevant to me. I can see post event rivalries over supplies, control and governance , sex, and a host of other issues.
These prepper forums are full of discussions about how to treat non prepared family, neighbors, strangers... DDJ 5 perhaps ???...

Anyway I'm thinking of a book, "The Dao of Prepping." LMAO...
Old 12-16-2012, 09:01 AM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Thanked 32,920 Times in 12,707 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

U.S. Marine principles are best for survivalists! But faith in God is certainly a big help.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:12 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
U.S. Marine principles are best for survivalists! But faith in God is certainly a big help.
Can you explain which principals from Marine and faith in God principals you are comparing to Daoist principals ?
Old 12-16-2012, 11:25 PM
First virtue is strength

LOL. Dok. he's a marine.. 'adapt and overcome' pretty much covers it all, though you seem to have taken the bait on that one. So much for humility !!
Seriously, when thinking about leading men (and women) remember my first quote.. you don't see something seriously wrong with trying to weed out wise men from sheeple and treating them both differently? Do you think that both types will not notice? What about the one you've miscategorized? There's a problem brewing!!
I don't want to lead. Not my style and too much work for too little gain.. aspiration to lead following a situation that has wiped out OTHER leaders points to individual laziness at not making the honorable efforts to gain the followers now. Just not my path .. Even Lao Tsu was asked how to lead because he was a wise man and leaving (look at the history), not because he was a leader.
I don't aspire to follow either - just follow my path before and IF something should happen -- if mine and someone else's path happen to cross, great! parallel for a while? possibly even better.. trying to get them to jump track and on to my path ?Goes back to : ''The way that can be shown is not the true way".
Let me know when you can breathe thru your heels
Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofnight View Post
LOL. Dok. he's a marine.. 'adapt and overcome' pretty much covers it all, though you seem to have taken the bait on that one. So much for humility !!
Its it I who have taken the bait or is the bait that has taken the troll ? Thus it is with the most sublime of questions Grasshopper.