Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival gear buy, sell, trade and reviews section > Reviews and questions
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Target Shooter

Default Trauma/First aid kit

Advertise Here

Greetings,

I am looking on Amazon for a Trauma/First aid kit package that I will add to it.

My goal is to have it fit into that pouch:
I was thinking to start with this one and add another Quickclot, triangle bandage, israeli 6 inch bandage (That one I'll need to get some training on it), add the usual (aspirin, tylenol, bite, tri-antibiotic, etc....)

Anyone has a better choice?

Thank you
P.S.: I got some first aid training but was not able to get combat training for the serious stuff. I read quite much however. The bad thing: I am the vasovagal type hehehehehe
Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Fenced In

Thanked 1,133 Times in 574 Posts

I'll make a couple of suggestions. First of all, consider whether you're building your kit around treating others or yourself. If yourself, look at items (like the Israeli bandages, maybe also the SWAT-T) that can be applied one-handed. Don't forget about burn treatment, eye treatment and even dental issues.

As a possible alternative to the Field Trauma kit you linked, also look at the Adventure Medical Kits "Hunter" version, which includes items to treat gunshot wounds and other "lost in the woods" injuries.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Target Shooter

Greetings,

Can't find the hunter version but I think I understand what you mean: first aid kit with Quickclot and tourniquet.

I have in my kart the Quickclot and Israeli bandage 6".

I also thought about that kit and "canibalize it with what I need
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Merchant

Go to elite first aid and see what they have and then find a vendor that can supply your needs. They have a lot of options
Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 AM

My advice would be start from basic things like antibiotics,anti septic fluids,sprays,bandages and then you can add according to your need!