Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival gear buy, sell, trade and reviews section > Looking for - want to buy
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 10-05-2012, 11:18 AM

Default Looking for pre-ban 30 round AR mags

Advertise Here

Hey everyone. I can only have pre-ban mags here in NY. I do some shooting in Vermont and I picked up some magazines in the area, but I have to leave them at a friends house there when I come back to NY. Im looking to trade for some pre-bans so I can bring them home with me without worrying about a few class E felonies. Anybody up for a mag swap?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,676 Times in 802 Posts

If you come back to NY, try REALLY hard to leave your mags in VT. Each post-ban mag is a class D felony here in the Empire State.

Local gun stores everywhere in NY have preban mags. Mostly USGI. You can find Israeli Orlites every once in a while but they're not as durable as metal mags. Oh, they're also extraordinarily overpriced. I would search gunbroker.com for good deals.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 AM

Yeah, I always leave my mags in VT.
The Following User Says Thank You to NoneChuck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2012, 03:35 AM

Up here around Albany I dont know of any cop who can look at a mag and say this one was made after 19 blah blah blah...your under arrest... Every gun store in the albany area has 30 round mags for sale and some are new in wrapper so there def not pre ban and they sell for around 30-40 bucks depending on gun store and they have milk crates full for them . Just don't go hunting with them and u will be fine...They even have people selling them in the want ad digest.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Prepared

I have some pre ban 30's. PM me if interested.

Lobo
Old 11-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra7479 View Post
Up here around Albany I dont know of any cop who can look at a mag and say this one was made after 19 blah blah blah...your under arrest... Every gun store in the albany area has 30 round mags for sale and some are new in wrapper so there def not pre ban and they sell for around 30-40 bucks depending on gun store and they have milk crates full for them . Just don't go hunting with them and u will be fine...They even have people selling them in the want ad digest.
Police more than likely wont bother you about mags unless you're doing something else stupid that they can tack another fine onto. But is it really worth the chance of going to prison over a postban magazine?

Many mags sold around here (Albany) are dated, whether that be internally or externally. That's for you, not the cops. In America, you have the burden of proof. YOU need to prove in a court of law that the magazine is preban. Can't prove it? It's postban. See you in 5 years.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:16 AM

Default Easy Fix "kinda"

I retired from the service out of Syracuse and packed up all my *hit passed through my home state of (anti-everything) IL and setteled in Missouri where automactic firearms and suppresors are legal.

Lived in Vermont for 6 years, nice state.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frederick_Don For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,101 Times in 461 Posts

I have old and newer 30 rnd mags for ar's. How do I tell a pre-ban?
Old 12-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Tin Can Sailor

Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,061 Posts

I'd say move to another state and enjoy what you want.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doh Myn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Hiker

How can you tell pre ban mags now anyway?

I thought the only difference was that during the ban the mags over 10 rounds were marked restricted LE Govt only. After the ban expired those markings were no longer used.

I have 10 Brownells 30 round AR mags w/the brown upgraded anti tilt newer generation followers that do not have restricted markings. Anybody that wants them can have them for $12.00 each plus shipping (probably in one of those USPS one price boxes).
Old 12-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Target Shooter

There marked on the side usually last 2 for the year, living near Ft. Drum mags are everywhere...........
Old 12-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belair56 View Post
There marked on the side usually last 2 for the year, living near Ft. Drum mags are everywhere...........
Some are marked, some not.

IIRC, date stamping mags was not made mandatory until after the ban, although some pre-bans are in fact marked.

Also, some mags are marked internally. Some brands were ONLY made pre-ban such as Israeli Orlites.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Taikwon-Dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doh Myn View Post
I'd say move to another state and enjoy what you want.
I agree. Move to your buddy's area of VT.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:02 AM

Come to AR. You can still ride a motorcycle without a helmet here. Crossbows are legal and so ar 30 round magazines. Just saying...
The Following User Says Thank You to kmonto For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Target Shooter

From what I understand they'll all be banned in NYS not just preban according to King Cuomo.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belair56 View Post
From what I understand they'll all be banned in NYS not just preban according to King Cuomo.
Unlikely. They would be legislating thousands of people into criminals.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boost Addicted For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Target Shooter

Doesnt seem to matter to him, Ive written to all my elected reps. State and Federal, No one answered me back...........
Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 PM

Default opinion

Quote:
Police more than likely wont bother you about mags unless you're doing something else stupid that they can tack another fine onto. But is it really worth the chance of going to prison over a postban magazine?

Many mags sold around here (Albany) are dated, whether that be internally or externally. That's for you, not the cops. In America, you have the burden of proof. YOU need to prove in a court of law that the magazine is preban. Can't prove it? It's postban. See you in 5 years.

hey i just had to say something to this funny thing is my good friend who is a legal AR-15 owner from upstate NY was arrested and put in jail with felony charges over the holiday with no bail for allegedly having a non pre ban magazine and this is a young 21 year old man with no criminal record and a full time job working with catholic charities. His weapon was unloaded in the trunk and his supposedly none preban magazine was in the front seat secure next to his person,but i wont lie the situation he was in was sketchy at best due to the time his female driver was pulled over but the time of day/night should not be a reason to judge ones intentions in my opinion.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by windman518 View Post
Quote:

hey i just had to say something to this funny thing is my good friend who is a legal AR-15 owner from upstate NY was arrested and put in jail with felony charges over the holiday with no bail for allegedly having a non pre ban magazine and this is a young 21 year old man with no criminal record and a full time job working with catholic charities. His weapon was unloaded in the trunk and his supposedly none preban magazine was in the front seat secure next to his person,but i wont lie the situation he was in was sketchy at best due to the time his female driver was pulled over but the time of day/night should not be a reason to judge ones intentions in my opinion.
A bit odd..... But seeing as how the recent news has spread misinformation about ARs...

What county was this in?

Better yet, what town/PD? Road..?
Old 02-02-2013, 05:02 PM

Default pre-ban

i have a pre- ban 30 rd dated june of 1988 usgi issue for sale 125.00 free shipping contact me via email [email protected] this magazine still in original package and brand new proof of preban also

Last edited by number1gi; 02-02-2013 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: didnt add all