Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Military Weapons Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here

Old 10-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Hiker

Advertise Here

I still have around the 1500 round mark through mine, haven't gotten it out to play lately due to some family health issues(my mom Nd father inlaw). But still havent had a single malfunction(that wasn't user error) through those rounds and that's even firing 500 rounds of steel cased Wolf Ammo. A buddy at work had them for some reason(he doesn't even have a gun chambered in .223 or 5.56) but sold them to me for $75. I couldnt pass that up.I emailed windham too see if there warranty would still stand after firing them(as some manufacturers will drop there warranty after you fire steel cased ammo) and they were fine with it. I'm very glad I went with my choice to by a WW AR.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:29 PM

I'd appreciate some tips - I pick-up my first rifle this week, a Windham MPC.

For spare parts there's a bewildering choice of brands, could you point me in the right direction for spare firing pin, springs, extractor, and any other DIY gunsmithing parts. Also, I need a scope, suggestions appreciated, I saw a ~$100 fleabay 2.5 x 10 x 40 Rangefinder scope than mounts on the carry handle - is this good enough for firing a few hundred yards out ?

As you can tell, I'm completely new to rifles and ARs, cheers !
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 PM
2 many guns/wife mad!

I Have the SRC and it's quite a machine. I run a Geissele trigger SSA-E, and a SJC Titan on mine. Other than upgrading the trigger, it is IMO a very well built AR to build around. I added a few LaRue goodies, Troy Irons and Aimpoint Micro T-1 to mine. Wasn't sure about the Windham when I bought it. Did the research, made the jump and haven't looked back.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Coyote assassin

Welcome to the brotherhood there Tex. I am still very happy with my wifes choice to buy the Windham. I am up to over 5,000 rounds through mine without a single hiccup of any kind. I have nothing but good things to say about the gun or the company.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Prepared

LOVE my Windham! Awesome platform and well built.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Prepared

Okay, so brionging this back from the dead to talk about an issue I was having today with my Windham.

I have the Windham SRC and was using 20 round mags. Swapped to 30 round mags and could not for the life of me get the mag seated. Popped one round out and bobsyouruncle.....seated just fine.

Thought it might just be a weird mag (was PMag), so tried again with a Windham 30 round and same thing. Load 29 and seats perfect. Load 30 and cannot get it to seat.

Anybody else have this issue...or am I just weird?
Old 11-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Doubts Most Everything

Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubwart View Post

Thought it might just be a weird mag (was PMag), so tried again with a Windham 30 round and same thing. Load 29 and seats perfect. Load 30 and cannot get it to seat.

Anybody else have this issue...or am I just weird?
Happens with some mags and BCG combinations, when mag follower doesn't have hardly any travel left at bottom.

Should mount fine with full 30, with bolt locked back, which is where it will be if you were doing combat reload anyway.

Probably will work even with bolt forward if you really smack it.

Also, make sure you're not actually loading 31, some mags will accept an extra one.

- OS
Old 12-06-2012, 07:04 AM

Just bought my WW SRC & added a NcSTAR MARK III tactical scope. Got it zeroed in with 7 rounds at 25 yds. Have only fired 25 rounds through it so far, but no problems. I love the way it feels. Feels like quality. Only thing I don't like is the cheap magazine they send with it. It may go in the trash can. I have a composite Magpul mag, and it is exactly what a mag should be.

I know the scope has a bad rap on some forums, but I really like it so far. It's exactly what I wanted, and so far isn't disappointing me.

Very happy with my Windham, and I know if I have any issues they will take care of them.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 PM
VA / NC

Thanked 13,755 Times in 5,495 Posts

Love my Windham as well. They are much nicer than the Bushmaster. I also read that the Game Wardens in Maine have selected it as their go to weapon when a long arm is needed.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:55 PM
I Sleep with my Boots ON!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 520 Posts

Just went through about every brand AR on my LGS rack (in a price range) and wound up with the Windham myself. It came down to Bushmaster the Windham and Armalite. The Armalite was a couple hundred more but the Windham had all I wanted for "another" AR. Should be out shooting it early this week..
Old 12-09-2012, 02:39 PM

I just received my first AR last week (always been an ak/sks guy). It's a Windham. I haven't had an opportunity to fire it yet... but as a long time gun guy, the fit and finish is excellent. I completely stripped it down when I got it in. All the parts appear to be high quality and fit together incredibly well.

It is supposed to be my eventual back up rifle/ get to know AR's rifle. Though I will be eventually building my own, for now I feel very comfortable and happy with my purchase. The range will tell me more... so I will post my range review when I get in my ammo, as well as my new optics mount. The cheapo I got for "free" with my Aimpoint is terrible. I need to save a bit of cash and get a larue mount.

anyway, pics or it didn't happen.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:36 PM

Here's some pics of mine after a trip to Magpul heaven and a CMC 3.5lb straight pull trigger.. Magpul MOE guard, Magpul CTR Stock, BAD lever and Magpul trigger guard and Hogue grip. Also for single point sling mount I installed the Troy push button locking ring. I'm done and happy with it now just gotta get her out!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Windham.jpg   Windham1.jpg   Windham2.jpg   Windham3.jpg  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinCT View Post
Here's some pics of mine after a trip to Magpul heaven and a CMC 3.5lb straight pull trigger.. Magpul MOE guard, Magpul CTR Stock, BAD lever and Magpul trigger guard and Hogue grip. Also for single point sling mount I installed the Troy push button locking ring. I'm done and happy with it now just gotta get her out!!!
Is that a 20" barrel???? Sure looks kinda long in that first pic. Didnt know they made 20" barrels on the MPC
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSshane69 View Post
Is that a 20" barrel???? Sure looks kinda long in that first pic. Didnt know they made 20" barrels on the MPC
16", my pic taking ability has always lacked!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Coyote assassin

I for one am always glad to see this old thread reborn again with yet another satisfied Windham owner. I am now up to just over 6,000 rounds through mine with still nary a glitch of any kind. In fact she is now my favorite rifle for coyotes after giving me my first ever double on a pair of wily old yotes last week. I even managed to fill both of my OK. gun tags this year with her. I had to use a plug in the twenty round mag though to make it legal to hunt deer with her and got a couple of strange looks from a couple of my long time hunting buddies that I had put the old Savage Model 11 .223 ( Betsy as she is affectionately know) away after she has taken so many deer for me. I always look up this old thread just to see what everyone is up to and meet all the new owners of quite possibly the BEST ar on the market now. I am so glad that my wife purchased this rifle as an anniversary present and it makes her extremely happy that I carry it everywhere I go now.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:29 PM

Haven't got out with mine yet but plan to this weekend if I can find time. I'm sticking with the carry handle irons for now and plan on getting an Aimpoint of some sort after Xmas..
Old 12-15-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieOutlaw View Post
I for one am always glad to see this old thread reborn again with yet another satisfied Windham owner. I am now up to just over 6,000 rounds through mine with still nary a glitch of any kind.

OkieOutlaw, would you mind posting which scope and accessories you've added ? Cheers
Old 12-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Coyote assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperNY View Post
OkieOutlaw, would you mind posting which scope and accessories you've added ? Cheers
I haven't done too many things to alter my stock rifle except to get rid of the gas block picatinny rail mainly because I simply couldn't find a front sight that was the right height to use with either the carry handle or the UTG rear sight that I actually prefer. We switched out the gas block for a standard F marked front site post so I can use either of the aforementioned rear sites. Een before I did that though a attached a 2.5x10 Firefield scope that I purchased through Sportsmans Guide for about 90 bucks on sale. It is by no means a top tier scope, but for a truck gun that goes everywhere with me I does a great job holding its zero. The scope also has built in red/green lighted reticule even though I rarely use it along with the built in red lazer. These things could be useful in the right circumstances though. I added the carbine length railed handguards mainly because I also use them on my other Colt M4's and a DPMS upper that I traded some reloading for. I got the handguards through SG also for around 30 bucks and am very happy with them. The light pictured was originally bought for my Rem 870 shotgun for critters around the farm but seems to get switched around from the shotgun to the M4's or even one of my Glocks ( I also recently used it mounted on my crossbow to kill a couple of feral hogs from my ladder stand.) as the need arises. My wife also recently purchased a 9"x 12" bi pod that attaches to the rails quite well and keeps the gun out of the dirt on my coyote hunts. That about sums up the mods to the rifle except for the detachable brass catcher for collecting my valuable brass for reloading, and I am quite happy with her just as she is now.
The Following User Says Thank You to OkieOutlaw For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Hunter

Are these the cheaper ones they sell at WALMART?
Old 12-15-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musibike View Post
Are these the cheaper ones they sell at WALMART?
I haven't seen any Windham's at Walmarts in my area. The specific model I bought is a "MPC" CT, MA, NY and NJ compliant which for CT means welded compensator and non collapsible stock. There are a few different models..

http://www.windhamweaponry.com/pdf/U...SRPPRICING.pdf