Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here
View Poll Results: Regarding Practical Preppers and other Nat Geo 'experts' on prepping
I think they're consistently wrong, and often give bad advice. 21 16.03%
I think they're usually wrong. 27 20.61%
I think they're about 50-50. 60 45.80%
I think they're usually right. 13 9.92%
I think they're great, I'd let them decide my fate. 0 0%
I don't know survivalism well enough to rate them. 2 1.53%
I'm one of those people who doesn't watch the show but has to let everyone know I don't watch it. 8 6.11%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2012, 01:41 AM
Hiker

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepping View Post
Yeah, that Columbian girl has had a rough time...first she doesn't get paid by the Secret Service guy and then her US meal ticket proves to be out of kilter.

Zero sympathy for a woman who put herself up for bid.

Maybe that was better than being in her country?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Ordo Ab Chao

The show is "fun" to watch, and definitely think it is bringing awareness to the need for people to prepare. The show is inherently dumb ( like all tv shows in my opinion) and need drama for the mindless masses to stay interested. Like the creeper and his Columnian bride.
The side effect I think is that there are a lot of people who will become " suburban Rambos" should SHTF, and probably contribute to the chaos. But that will leave stockpiles of supplies for the smarter percent to forage through, after they have all accidently shot themselves and bled out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deathclock7 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Farmer

Thanked 21,684 Times in 8,844 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 
Total Awards: 1

I have only seen a couple episodes of 'survival' type media online. I do not care for it.

Your time is better spent out hiking / camping.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ForestBeekeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 PM

I watched 1 of those prepping shows and these two F-tards were up in a deer blind shooting at what they called IED's. The would be "leader" of the two freaked out when his buddy shot his gun, this wimp had ear protection plus was covering his ears and he still punked out and his friend only fired 1 shot.

Im sure if your in a situation where you and your friend need to fire rifles at attackers ear protection may be a luxury you wont have time for. Also your friend might fire more than ONE shot from his assault rifle, in fact there might be sustained fire. The dude on the show was knocked ta F out by the concussion of 1 shot! Then he blamed the other guy for not being SAFE! To me he wasnt safe, he became a casualty from the sound of his partners rifle! thats all that happened. Because of the other guys disposition the wuss out incident took them both out of any potential fight. I cant imagine what would have happened if that puss belly caught hot brass in his shirt!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ---Rob--- For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Recent Blog: Atlanta, Georgia
Lift the lid!!!!

Thanked 43,600 Times in 14,679 Posts

---Rob--- I noticed that power struggle too and though, 'what the heck', I would hate to be in a survival situation with the owner of 'The Alamo', in a SHTF situation with his arrogance. He was totally taking the other guys inventory the whole time.

Plus, I thought it was really weird when the 2nd guy pulled up to the ranch and the whole family pulled guns on them when that wasn't part of the original plan. That's dangerous and stupid. Just my 2 cents. Way too much ego for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mogli For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 PM

I shoot guns frequently, and frequently with other people who are also shooting guns. someone that pulls that BS should not ever use a gun, he should have stayd home and cooked that store bought goat, that he pretended to catch in that fake trap even a drunken skunk wouldnt have been stupid enough to get caught in.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,050 Posts

Half of the "Entertainment" for us is.. guessing how close to "NO chance of this happening" the "experts" will judge.

How can you be a "Prepping expert" when you think there's a 0 chance of any emergency situation?????
Old 12-12-2012, 08:58 PM
happiness is a warm gun

Thanked 1,106 Times in 431 Posts

I have only seen a few episodes but consider it unwatchable. I am no expert on things military however when the goofy guy yelled "Grandpas here" thus signalling intruders on the property, the first thing they do is run out of the building like ants out of a burning log. They should just wear t-shirts with large circles on them. With 5 well placed shots the alamo could/would be taken.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

If they are really experts they should have failed each person that came on the show.

Our experts say you have an initial 13 months to live given your preparations however because you have blown your opsec on tv your arse is toast...
Old 12-13-2012, 09:09 AM

I am sure the show is responsible for man of the scenarios and have to add the Hollywood crap to make it have higher rating. Some of these people have more money than sense.
I have my doubts in the so-called experts and especially how they calculate survival time. They are not consistent in their grading and lack much detail.