Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 12-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Prepared

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Simple? Prove to me how simple it is.
You want me to prove that nothing is happening? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RvB644 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 AM
Ahhh.... FRESH MEAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldparanoia View Post
Of course, I do. There was a time when most people believed the Earth was flat but some brave human beings kept saying it wasn't and they were killed during the Inquisition for saying so. Being true to your convictions makes you a better person, even if you are wrong.
No it doesn't, it just makes you a fool, not a better person.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Not buying it

A wise man will sometimes change his mind, a fool never does...
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Not buying it

You can clearly see the back peddling that is going to happen even in this thread.

"We never said it would be the end, just that there would be something"...

Come the 22nd I would like to see the list of world changing events that happened on the 21st. If its the end of some big something and the beginning of something else, there should be landmarks to point at?

Don't blame Hollywood.
The Following User Says Thank You to seagullplayer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Target Shooter

Not one of the faithful, however I will be prepared just in case. Hate to have something happen, then say "well I thought they were kidding" Take all things with a grain of salt.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:07 AM
A Hoosier not a Hillbilly

Thanked 2,520 Times in 1,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagullplayer View Post
Are there any left? The die hard 2012'ers that knew this was going to be it?

Less than two weeks of hope left, next Friday is do or die.

There really is no great pumpkin. But don't give up, there will be another band wagon to jump on. I'm sure given a few days to regroup you guys will be ready for the next dooms day prediction, I have faith in ya.
I'm sure there are plenty of the die hard 2012'ers left. I would imagine that most of them, if they really believe that something "earth shattering" is going to happen, will be hunkered down and waiting, or, at least prepared to bug out just before.

I really am surprised at some of the responses to the whole 2012 thing. Can't we keep our minds open and just go on with our lives? I don't think that the few "radical" 2012'ers can hurt anyone. Actually, their buying frenzy up to this point has HAD to help out the economy at the least.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Recent Blog:
NRA Life Member since '74

Thanked 4,066 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notleftbehind View Post
Do you admire those who believe that the earth is flat and located at the center of the universe for holding their convictions? Do you find it an admirable quality even after they have been shown irrefutable evidence that it is round and not the center of all existence? Do you find arguing for the cause of that delusion a worthy activity and a good way to spend your time and energy?
Flat? center of the universe?
What's wrong with that?

Bob BHOFM
Old 12-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,005 Times in 657 Posts

I just checked and yep, I'm still extremely awesome. There oughta be a law.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 PM
This body holding me...

The faithful have already been raptured away. That is why the silence ensues. The rest will be left here to experience the 7 year tribulation beginning in 2013 to 2020.

I am kidding, of course. Or am I?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:14 AM
Furry

Just stick to your gut instincts and who cares what others have to say or how they put you down, I for one admire anyone who has the courage to stand up and speak their mind. All Facts were at one time ridiculed, met with anger or violent opposition and then gradually accepted as truth.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:29 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,441 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldparanoia View Post
Of course, I do. There was a time when most people believed the Earth was flat but some brave human beings kept saying it wasn't and they were killed during the Inquisition for saying so. Being true to your convictions makes you a better person, even if you are wrong.
Or, it makes you stubborn and dead.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Seeker of Truth

There may be one or two individuals in here who have said that the world will end abruptly on Dec 21st. I've been here for three years and I haven't seen any. Frankly the only people advocating that idea are the ones who dedicate so much of their time to ridiculing the ones who advocate that idea. I really don't get why this bothers some people so much. I think PETA people are nuts but I don't waste a single second of my time harassing them. I think the trolls in here have some kind of self-image issues that creates a need for them to demonstrate their worth. They are fueling the myth so when Dec 22nd rolls around they can celebrate and congratulate themselves on how superior they are.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Ahhh.... FRESH MEAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinfox View Post
There may be one or two individuals in here who have said that the world will end abruptly on Dec 21st. I've been here for three years and I haven't seen any. Frankly the only people advocating that idea are the ones who dedicate so much of their time to ridiculing the ones who advocate that idea. I really don't get why this bothers some people so much. I think PETA people are nuts but I don't waste a single second of my time harassing them. I think the trolls in here have some kind of self-image issues that creates a need for them to demonstrate their worth. They are fueling the myth so when Dec 22nd rolls around they can celebrate and congratulate themselves on how superior they are.
I think it's perfectly acceptable and appropriate to start the celebrations before December 22.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Not buying it

I am ready to party like its 1999...

"Just stick to your gut instincts and who cares what others have to say or how they put you down, I for one admire anyone who has the courage to stand up and speak their mind. All Facts were at one time ridiculed, met with anger or violent opposition and then gradually accepted as truth."

That only works when they are standing up for the truth, not some made up BS to sell books and scare old ladies. Being open minded should not be to the exclusion of common sense.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Seeker of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagullplayer View Post
That only works when they are standing up for the truth, not some made up BS to sell books and scare old ladies. Being open minded should not be to the exclusion of common sense.
Pretty sure the same thing has been said throughout history about any new theory. I bet you don't believe in aliens either.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 AM
One with everything...

S-h-h-h-h... That's what the calender is counting down. They say Mayans were visited, perhaps led, by aliens. They performed their ritual sacrifice, etc, to appease the aliens to return. The calender marks the return of the aliens.

This time they're bringing the new edition of a book they wrote back then... "To Serve Man".
Old 12-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Seeker of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
S-h-h-h-h... That's what the calender is counting down. They say Mayans were visited, perhaps led, by aliens. They performed their ritual sacrifice, etc, to appease the aliens to return. The calender marks the return of the aliens.

This time they're bringing the new edition of a book they wrote back then... "To Serve Man".
It is a cook book.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Adventurer

Thanked 9,969 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvB644 View Post
Sure the world is changing, just as it always has and always will. Many people on this board actually think that we are approaching some sort of great change that will dwarf all other topics in the history books. And the simple truth is that we aren't.
Galactus ain't coming?