Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > The International Section > Our World Wide Survivalist Forums > British Isles and ROI
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Prepared

Default found a weapons shop

Advertise Here

Thought i would share this, I just bought the lad some knifes and its so dirt cheap, If im not allowed to post links i appologise but all the adverts on here are for the US consumer not for us brits!
hxxp://www.ancientwarrior.co.uk/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dmaculas For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Target Shooter

I didnt think Knifes were legal in the UK anymore.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Living in my BOL

would have liked to check out the link but it doesn't work. hxxp? what is that?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Prepared

replace the x with T
i made the link dead, thats usualy the rules on most of my forums
no active links
Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryades View Post
they just about are aslong as you have a reason for carrying one and its not a flick knife or over 4inch.

I often wear my knife on my belt but then i need it for work so the coppers can take a run and jump
Old 12-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Non semper erit aestas.

Thanked 5,227 Times in 2,158 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Links are fine here as long as you're not plugging your own business. There's a useful links section here in this sub-forum.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM
O_o

Quote:
Thats right. We have to hire state appointed "cutters" to perform all of our cutting needs.

To be brutally honest, i wouldn't expect most of the stuff from that site to be particularly good quality, its dirt cheap for a reason. Fine if you just want a light use pocket knife you don't mind breaking, but if you want a knife you can rely on for hard use, then i would avoid.

This is probably the best online source for quality knives in the UK, hands down.

http://www.heinnie.com/.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cpt-Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Closed.

Thanked 26,068 Times in 10,980 Posts

Quote:
Thats exactly right

We adapt, however once Obama has taken all your ammo all you have left is expensive clubs
Old 12-12-2012, 03:39 AM
Closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstream View Post
would have liked to check out the link but it doesn't work. hxxp? what is that?
You don't need the http

www.ancientwarrior.co.uk/ worked for me.

SHTF I give you 2 days
The Following User Says Thank You to Blackthorn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaculas View Post
Thought i would share this, I just bought the lad some knifes and its so dirt cheap, If im not allowed to post links i appologise but all the adverts on here are for the US consumer not for us brits!
hxxp://www.ancientwarrior.co.uk/
Thanks I'll check it out and get back to you with thoughts

Edit

Looked over the site tbh.......... most of it looks like crap to me you'd probably have been better off going to http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/index.asp or http://www.battleorders.co.uk/ imho fwiw.

Be interested in what you bought and some reviews once items arrive, I'm always willing to be proven wrong especially if it'll save
Old 12-12-2012, 06:23 AM
Prepared

well my lad was in scarboro in the summer visiting his friend, he bought three throwing knives in a single sheath, the steel is a little softer than i would like but they are well balanced, he bought this big huge sword its taller than him 6ft+ its some fantasy sword its not much use other than ornamental, and he bought the wild west knife with the carved handle, with a stand, the handle is a poly carbonate mould as it the stand, but the blade itself is top quality.

I purchased one of these for my sons friend as a small xmas present

http://www.ancientwarrior.co.uk/inde...&productId=106

has not come yet

and i bought his other friend whose a bit useless and never likely to use a knife other than on bread one of these ornamental ones

http://www.ancientwarrior.co.uk/inde...d&productId=95

should have them by the weekend ill give a frank and fair appraisal.

they seem ok, the ordering was a bit wierd, had to order online then they call you for payment
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmaculas For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Prepared

they just came as i was out dropping the young un at play group
the bike knife is trash, ornamental use only the blade itself is nice but the handly is cheap light weight rubbish.

the gama knife is solid, good handle, very pretty, even has a belt clip on it

for those worried about the law i just looked at this

https://www.gov.uk/find-out-if-i-can...-carry-a-knife
Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 PM
O_o

Knife carry laws in a nutshell

- Non-locking, three inch or under blade - Legal to carry for any reason.

- Locking, fixed, or blade over three inches - Not legal to carry, unless you have a "good reason" for doing so.

-------

To be brutally honest i pretty much disregard our knife laws. I have always carried a non-locking folder everywhere because its my legal right to do so (if you don't use your rights, you lose your rights). But i also regularly carry fixed blades and lockers in public without a second thought, even though i don't always have "good reason" for doing so. Actually scratch that, i do have a "good reason" and that is, knives are extremely useful tools especially to a person with my career and outdoor lifestyle, i have absolutely no intention of using them in an unlawful or violent manner, so frankly there is no good reason why i shouldn't be allowed to carry whatever knife i see fit. Maybe the courts will agree with my reason, or maybe they won't. Either way they will have to catch me first, and im not gonna let that happen easily.

And that brings me on to my next point. Context, location and attitude are usually key when it comes to carrying knives. Keep it out of sight until you need to use it, avoid carrying on your person in high crime, or dense urban areas where police might carry out random stop and searches, never act suspicious or draw attention to yourself in public places and generally just be a polite, courteous and respectable person (those three traits alone will go a very long way in keeping you out of harms way in most aspects of life). If you follow those principles and use your common sense, you should be fine carrying any knife for whatever reason.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cpt-Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Proud to be Welsh.

Looked at the link and it seems like they are selling expensive tat to be honest.

I've a few knives but really can't think of a single day when I thought "wish I had a knife on me". If you carry one you'll find a reason for using it, don't carry one and you'll not miss it.

I do take a knife or two when camping though but then they are really only used on food prep or perhaps cutting cord.
The Following User Says Thank You to rik_uk3 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Prepared

well where i live id be lost without a knife, once came across a lamb trapped in a mesh fence, it was cutting into the little blighter, if i didnt have my knife with me which also converts into wire cutters using the sheath the lamb would be bones now.

Its a just incase device but also use it alot at work, i build drystone walls in the sticks without my knife i couldn't cut cordage for the batter poles, or dig out persistant tree roots.

They are also good for dressing fresh road kill
Bagged a doe not long back sat their by the road whimpering and shivering. without a knife it would just lay their wasted!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaculas View Post
to be fair this is utter bull****, you can carry any knife you want as long as you have reason to do so.this is just the bumff they publish for Joe-media-conditioned-Public who view any and all knives as bag/dangerous/root of all evil in the UK

very importantly it's about knowing the difference between an act and a law a law is immutable and is part of the land we live on it its binding no matter what. but an act, well amongst other things, the officer to be able to recite the act they are trying to enforce word for word, and requiring a verbal contract to be formed by you and the officer, which you have to be very very careful of.

they will try and drag you out with word games. The simple acceptance of a statement for example, ''why are you carrying this weapon in a public place?'' ERRRRRR! wrong! disagree it's a weapon, and refer to it as a tool, and they cannot get the afore mentioned verbal contract in place. keep cool, but keep firm, and know your rights, I've had this out several times with several police officers, I've even asked to be taken to the local station where I could talk this trough, and point out a few things with they duty Sgt, which REALLY wasn't liked, and it was dropped less than a minute later.

obviously there is a time and a place for everything, having a Gerber LMF on your belt to butter your sarnies isn't going to hold up and we all know it, but at the same time we shouldn't be panicking because you're heading down the allotment with a 4 inch fixed blade, or similar
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3bears For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2012, 05:17 AM
Prepared

I've often baffled a police orrifice with the consent of the governed goblediegoop
even had a few stop and searches where i refused to contract with them and they just end up letting you go because they cannot be bothered.

I find whipping out your phone and videoing any incident makes them skarper faster than a rat in a cattery, they ask you to turn it off but you need not comply

the worst thing in modern policing are the blue tab losers and those town centre wardens, just who do they think they are kidding really only an idiot would stand their and take **** off em