Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > 2011 survival article and video contest
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 26,427 Times in 10,443 Posts

Advertise Here

there will be no hoards of zombies and if there are already attacking your psy ops failed

My advice worry about things that actually have a real probability of happening
Old 11-29-2012, 02:43 PM
Preparing since 1972

Thanked 4,735 Times in 2,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraman1 View Post
When I was a kid my Dad put a military hand crank phone at the gate that you had to cross through to come onto our property . He posted a sign that read something to the effect of "If you are familiar with Viet Nam era landmines come ahead , if not call ahead." When we left the property for any extended period of time he would make some dirt piles about a 100 feet down the road with a wire running out the top and down the hill side . Nobody ever broke into our place , heck nobody even drove down the road without using the hand crank phone first . Of course the other side of that was when the police came for a minor incident one time they sent a SWAT team and an ambulance which in retrospect was probably a good idea on their part . Lucky for everyone involved we were gone for the day and they just left a note on the door .
AWESOME.....
Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Prepared

Lightbulb Infrasound?

This isn't quite psyops, but I'm wondering if there's a way to use it defensively: Infrasonic sound just below the threshold of human hearing (which seems to be about 20 Hz) appears to induce feelings of fear and awe in some people. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infraso..._to_infrasound).

Imagine a hidden subwoofer emitting this freaky frequency in the middle of that grove of hanged bears Rover mentioned!

Now I'm thinking of hiding a subwoofer somewhere in the shrubbery near my front door to see if infrasound will scare away door-to-door salespeople...

Last edited by Prudence; 01-28-2013 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: removed the word "t e d d y" 'cuz lingerie adverts in this thread are just so wrong!
The Following User Says Thank You to Prudence For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2012, 11:23 PM

Hah that's awesome. My 9/12 group was JUST talking about this last week.
We came to the exact same conclusion, some ideas were even more graphic and disturbing!

We group ordered signs and sticker to put on boxes, doors, gates, trees etc.

One thing you might do for your signs to make them believe, is double them in spanish, even other common languages. Govt does it enough that even people who can't read those languages will recognize it as coming from some authority.
Like an EPA/CDC sign stating contamination area or biohazard/spill cleanup ongoing with dates and times you could write in. Makes it look official.

That's what we're doing. Very convincing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior_22 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 12:50 PM

"Normal" looters would be easily discouraged, as we saw in New Orleans with the "Drunk rednecks with guns; you loot, we shoot" sign, but in a true societal breakdown, people may become extremely desperate and not easily dissuaded when their own kids are starving because of their lack of preparation.

Unfortunately, it may, in the worst cases, take extreme measures to convince people to keep moving. I know the heads-on-sticks idea was an attempt at humor, but similar tactics may be necessary. I doubt I'd risk breaking into the open to start chopping people up, but leaving headshot bodies where they fall may be a decent warning. Sort of a more graphic version of a sign I saw at the entrance to a ranch in AZ. The sign read "If you can read this, you're now in range".
The Following User Says Thank You to runawaygun762 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 05:47 PM

i had bunkers with pipe sticking out and some times would put emtie shells near the gate
Old 12-18-2012, 10:26 AM

when i refer to zombies, there are a few government agencies that have three letters and are very likely to show up and kick in a Veteran/survivalist door, zombies seem to be a proper term. when i work on range cards i refer to dead space as zombie space...
Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 7,499 Times in 3,975 Posts

In passing I've met gentlmen that,simply stated they would use their military training in explosives to keep people off ther property. they wouldn't elaborate on where they could get the materials ,but I suspect they had a plan.
I get nervous reloading, I can't even emagine playing with explosives, one wrong move and it's all for nothing.
As for booby traping , my memory is not as good as it use to was, I don't think it would pay off well in the long run ,How do you test it to know if will still work ??
I'm sure tha poeple that build this stuff professionally have sacrificial means of testing, but in the long run, there is too much that can go wrong, one way or another.
I would die if a little child were hurt from such a device I made or knew of it's existance and did nothing to prevent it .
However I was watching the book of ELI last nite and thought the trap door was a great idea.
But auto matic devices do not discriminate, and I have a problem with that .
As for visual , I remember as a kid we were visiting some csusins in a remote area and we went hiking around and they showed us a shallow grave with a guy's shoes toes sticking out of the ground and a grave post ,and even though it was a phoney I found out later, as a kid it still buggs you.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:40 PM

Default no trespassing

hang no trespassing signs with human silhoutte targets below that u have used for chest and head shot grouping...
Old 12-23-2012, 02:20 AM
I loved this form

Thanked 1,159 Times in 636 Posts

Molotov cocktail. Simple to make, easy to use, and a 1969 FBI training tape exists on YouTube. I say this for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. Don't try to build or use one.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:03 PM

Put up signes that say " No Gun Zone", that'll keep the rascals out, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to Caribou For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 09:36 PM

Heard of this a few years back from an LEO. Would caution that to do this is a crime and this is for informational purposes so that one can be watchful as to what the nefarious neer-do-wells may try.

3/4 in pipe with a shotgun shell inside, inserted into a 1 in. pipe with a cap and a sharpened 1/4" bolt in the middle of the drilled cap for the primer trigger.

The whole mess buried but some protrusion covered by foliage, so that when a person steps on the slightly protruding pipe, the shell is triggered and boom, no more foot.

Sounds terribly dangerous so look out for these anti personnel booby traps when scouting unknown territory. Very common with M-Jay growers and one never knows where these dopers are growing. They often plant many of these as they are so cheap and effective. One injured takes out 3 fighters. Ingenious bastids.

The Psyop effect of this device will deter those who hear about it. So if you should encounter the commonly sold 3"x3" "MINES" signs, perhaps you should take heed.

Jus sayin...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firestat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Angry Chaote

Was thinking that you could stake those triangle shaped yellow radioactivity warning signs like the ones staked around Chernobyl but I thought, what if someone has a geiger counter? Chances are a lot of preppers (both the good and not so good preppers) have one so it'd be an easy bluff to call.

What wouldn't be so easy to test would be biohazard warning signs. Place them all around the perimeter and at the main entrance place something like a hastily discarded rubber hazmat suit stained with chicken blood.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zonark For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 06:20 PM

In an elongated WROL period, PSYOPS is possibly an effective deterrent.

My Uncle was a part of the Operation Phoenix in Vietnam. It was essentially an intelligence gathering, counter-terrorist organization. Lot of stuff they did that wasn't particularly honorable (such as torture and assassination of VIP civilians in the North Vietnamese infrastructure. Horrible as it sounds, ironically, it was one of the few ideas that worked in Vietnam.

When I was a kid, my Uncle taught me an important lesson about violence - if you are not tough and deliberate when the chips are down, you will neither live nor win when your life is on the line.

Keep in mind that in WROL, there is no Geneva Convention, and your enemies will most likely have no sense of honor or decency. So any advantage, to include more extreme methods of PSYOPS might be necessary to protect your life. I won't go into details about methods PSYOPS because they are probably pretty grotesque to some folks on here, but I hope to God I would never have to do such things in my life.

*shrugs*
Old 02-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,198 Times in 488 Posts

Go to the local beauty school and get the practice heads. We use them as targets, and at Halloween we gore them up and use them as decoration. Freaks people out. I think goring a bunch of them up and placing them on spikes outside your home would be an effective way to deter people. With the appropriate signage, maybe a few small dead animals in the bushes to give the stench of death you could make a very powerful presentation. If things got ugly, throwing some real ones up, or impaling a dead body near the perimeter would send a strong message. I have seen a lot of harsh stuff overseas, seen plenty of gutted animals, the thought of seeing a bunch of heads on pikes or impaled bodies gives me the heeby geebies.

IF you do anything with any dead bodies of any kind, remember the risk of disease and cross contamination....
Old 02-04-2013, 06:44 AM
Angry Chaote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtPyle View Post
Go to the local beauty school and get the practice heads. We use them as targets, and at Halloween we gore them up and use them as decoration. Freaks people out. I think goring a bunch of them up and placing them on spikes outside your home would be an effective way to deter people. With the appropriate signage, maybe a few small dead animals in the bushes to give the stench of death you could make a very powerful presentation. If things got ugly, throwing some real ones up, or impaling a dead body near the perimeter would send a strong message. I have seen a lot of harsh stuff overseas, seen plenty of gutted animals, the thought of seeing a bunch of heads on pikes or impaled bodies gives me the heeby geebies.

IF you do anything with any dead bodies of any kind, remember the risk of disease and cross contamination....
The thing about this is it's not an effective deterrent against large bands of battle scarred wastelanders. It's going to come off as a challenge. I know if I were some psycho wasteland stalker leading a band of 40something hardcore fighters and we chanced upon that, I would be itching to find out what made those bodies at the very least and what kind of weaponry I might be able to pry from their hands later on.

To a lone wanderer, that will scare them off and to innocent people who might otherwise be able to help you it will definitely scare them off. A violent show of force just might invite the very kinds of people you want to keep far away though.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM

In a SHTF senerio, assuming you are not dealing with mindless zombies, a sniper is a great at the moment psy ops tool. The enemy tends to be a little slower at attacking when their buddies head goes poof right next to them at 500+ yards. I would assume most hunters would have enough practice over the years to hit a target at 300+ yards without breaking a sweat.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 PM

After the first week of shtf, and a few get sniped, everyone is going to know not to be in open country, in daylight. At the least, if they are so exposed, they will know to keep moving, at varying speeds, and zigzagging a litte bit. Enough to make you miss, way too often. Then, you've wasted a rd of ammo, made a lot of noise, ticced -off some dangerous people, and they will be hunting you. Bad idea, all around. Better to just not be detected, I think!

Large groups wont last more than a month, because of infighting over meager spoils. merely stepping on the pipe won't set off a shotgun shell. have you seen how strong mainsprings have to be for shotguns, guys? You'd have to arranges something different, like a tripwire and rattrap striking a firing pin sort of deal, with the pipe set up horizontally, like a claymore. or have the pipe deal 10" or so down in a hole, and his entire foot-leg would have to drop in, with all of his weight on it.

the desperation and lack of information of shtf is going to mean that psyops are not going to work, guys. By the time the attackers are aware of the threat, they will be all over you. Having them die after they kill you doesn't help you any. :-)
Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 PM

Punji sticks would be a good option. Hidden pits of sharp sticks. The Vietnamese put fecal matter on them so that even if the victim survived, they would have some nasty infections to overcome. Making explosive devices is not that hard either; especially in a SHTF scenario, you can disguise a IED in a coke can or a used MRE package.

SHTF scenarios, PSYOPS can work. It all depends on how far you are willing to go to achieve security; however, you might lose who yourself in the process. I will say that it also depends on your area of operatoin.

You can't just do these atrocities (the PSYOPS I have in mind) and then just turn it off; elite soldiers, highly trained, still suffer from PTSD, other mental illnesses. Survival is paramount certainly, but how do you re-adapt if rule of law is restored?

The best way to avoid that situation is to make sure that it doesn't happen (as best as we can). As I said, I'd be a much different person in an extended WROL/SHTF; using lessons my Uncle Virgil taught me, I'd make a living nightmare for anyone who tried to disrupt/threaten my survival.
The Following User Says Thank You to TerragonSix For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2013, 03:00 AM
Go Forward With Courage.

Thanked 6,665 Times in 2,187 Posts

Man after me own heart!!

Save those used mini-LP bottles-They make a heck of a casing for a big loud surprise..