Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Health, Fitness and First Aid
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Baal Sheeple

Thanked 14,315 Times in 5,421 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12vman View Post
quackwatch...lol.....only you sir dont realize its a laughing stock website
Funny, there are many reputable people that are also contributors there. Or did you not read it? I suspect that is the case. If you had you would see it is pretty mild in its approach to some of the really stupid things that quacks promote. Frankly I would like to see many of those quacks taken out and have public whippings performed on them. The harm they do is simply staggering. Instead the site promotes logical reasoning concerning the claims made by these folks.

I am not sure what your stake is in the vaccine debate. Were you injured by one?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Safety before not after

wow all the links are blocked on a .gov computer.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,554 Times in 875 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Libel cases are always difficult. However that does not change the fact of reasoning and science.

It is interesting you consider the ama, ftc, fda sinister organizations. Who do you consider trustworthy to guard our food and medical care? Some nut that profits from making up farcical cancer cures? How about the fellow in England that was proven to have lied about his study on Vaccines and autism connection? Maybe you trust celebrities who's only scientific background is they are good looking and admired.

You people that believe in magic and hate science are really something. No facts can ever deter you. You simply make up what you want. The FDA pay some one to go after quacks? Really!
In other words...."you just blew my whole knowledge base(quackwatch) and now I have to strawman the argument"

Ive dealt w/ Matt before......he has some weird fascination w/ Mr Barrett and his babble
Old 11-21-2012, 01:01 PM
silenced

Thanked 3,301 Times in 1,520 Posts

Quote:
Libel cases are always difficult. However that does not change the fact of reasoning and science.

It is interesting you consider the ama, ftc, fda sinister organizations. Who do you consider trustworthy to guard our food and medical care? Some nut that profits from making up farcical cancer cures? How about the fellow in England that was proven to have lied about his study on Vaccines and autism connection? Maybe you trust celebrities who's only scientific background is they are good looking and admired.

You people that believe in magic and hate science are really something. No facts can ever deter you. You simply make up what you want. The FDA pay some one to go after quacks? Really!

you talking about wakefield?

his articles never stated autism

he didnt do the testing, john walker smith did. he was exonerated. and his testing was found to be truthful. the scientist never retracted their findings

the lancet and bmj and most of the media was proven to be false, brian deer lied about the whole incident and who he was, illegally made public private dr patient information available,and never disclosed their information and ties.

rupurt murdoch and his company were also known to help spread the lies with direct knowledge.

the big finding was the vaccine strain was found to be living and producing the vaccine in the kids that had bowel problems. that science was never retracted.

if it was retracted lawfully please show court case stating this
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Survivor

WOW????? I was just asking for a source for those numbers you threw out since the numbers seemed really high

Itss seems you want rock solid science numbers from anyone that opposes vaccines but you yourself can spout any numbers you want and expect the rubes to believe them....I dont play that...back your claim!!!

namecalling instead of debunking/debating

childish.....

Last edited by felicia; 11-21-2012 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: removed quoted text
Old 11-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Baal Sheeple

Quote:
In other words...."you just blew my whole knowledge base(quackwatch) and now I have to strawman the argument"

Ive dealt w/ Matt before......he has some weird fascination w/ Mr Barrett and his babble
What strawman? I do note that you conveniently refuse to respond to questions when on one of your tirades.

The only fascination I have with quackwatch is it is a convenient source that has laid out logical reasons why many of the alternative medical claims are false. You however continue to spout the doggerel. When unable to refute, you attempt to baffle with bull****. You do this because you know that many people have not done any deep thinking on the subjects and are likely to go along with folk wisdom.

I guess you profit off of keeping people misinformed.
The Following User Says Thank You to MattB4 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKraken View Post
Bingo.

Non-vaccinated are the Typhoid Marys.

They don't get it, because they don't know how immunology and virology work.
dazzle me then as I have education in both areas

We'll start w/ vaccine failure and how that effects the concept of herd immunity

then we can get into artificial immunity vs natural immunity.....

then we can discuss vaccine efficacy vs real dx protection

Im game..... lets play!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Funny, there are many reputable people that are also contributors there. Or did you not read it? I suspect that is the case. If you had you would see it is pretty mild in its approach to some of the really stupid things that quacks promote. Frankly I would like to see many of those quacks taken out and have public whippings performed on them. The harm they do is simply staggering. Instead the site promotes logical reasoning concerning the claims made by these folks.

I am not sure what your stake is in the vaccine debate. Were you injured by one?
Ive studied the issue for 15 years.....professionally and personally

you sir????
Old 11-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Baal Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chey's Daddy View Post
if it was retracted lawfully please show court case stating this
Good grief I am grabbing a link from Huffington post on a quick google of Vaccine autism link debunked. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_805036.html
Quote:
The first study to link a childhood vaccine to autism was based on doctored information about the children involved, according to a new report on the widely discredited research.

The conclusions of the 1998 paper by Andrew Wakefield and colleagues was renounced by 10 of its 13 authors and later retracted by the medical journal Lancet, where it was published.
and
Quote:
Last May, Wakefield was stripped of his right to practice medicine in Britain. Many other published studies have shown no connection between the MMR vaccination and autism.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Baal Sheeple

Quote:
Ive studied the issue for 15 years.....professionally and personally

you sir????
So what are your professional credentials?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Survivor

Quote:

The only fascination I have with quackwatch is it is a convenient source that has laid out logical reasons why many of the alternative medical claims are false. :
You do realize that his website is his OPINION right????

He makes a decent argument ...but fails when he doesnt realize his medical education doesnt make him an expert in all healthcare.......choosing to stretch and guess to make his points

I find his writings to be very entertaining.....its shows how ignorant he really is
Old 11-21-2012, 01:16 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 29,990 Times in 13,204 Posts

Quote:
In your future ... I see a cracker jack box prize being shown to you.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Baal Sheeple

Quote:
I find his writings to be very entertaining.....its shows how ignorant he really is
What a fascinating coincident. I feel exactly the same about what you write, with the exception you have no background to speak knowledgeably at all. You do not even practice the science of logic.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Good grief I am grabbing a link from Huffington post on a quick google of Vaccine autism link debunked. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_805036.html and
good grief...you need to keep up sir........that opinion piece is from the start of jan 2011 ......things have happened since then and during that time that refute the opinion in that article

http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/f...rum_next_topic

http://www.naturalnews.com/031116_Dr...l_Journal.html

http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/01/t...wakefield.html
Old 11-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Baal Sheeple

Quote:
good grief...you need to keep up sir........that opinion piece is from the start of jan 2011 ......things have happened since then and during that time that refute the opinion in that article

http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/f...rum_next_topic

http://www.naturalnews.com/031116_Dr...l_Journal.html

http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/01/t...wakefield.html
Come now. Huffington post is bad enough of a source ( btw it was not a opinion regarding the journal retraction or Wakefields loss of license). Those sites are alternative medical proponents and anti-vaccine orientated. I give them zero credence.

BTW: It is easy to google up dozens of links to reputable studies showing no links to autism from MMR vaccine. These are not even related to the UK situation or study.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:14 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Come now. Huffington post is bad enough of a source ( btw it was not a opinion regarding the journal retraction or Wakefields loss of license). Those sites are alternative medical proponents and anti-vaccine orientated. I give them zero credence.

BTW: It is easy to google up dozens of links to reputable studies showing no links to autism from MMR vaccine. These are not even related to the UK situation or study.
It's amazing the screaming over the MMR vaccine and autism. If Thimerosal is supposed to be the ingredient that causes the autism, how can MMR being causing autism when it NEVER contained Thimerosal?
Old 11-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Baal Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKraken View Post
It's amazing the screaming over the MMR vaccine and autism. If Thimerosal is supposed to be the ingredient that causes the autism, how can MMR being causing autism when it NEVER contained Thimerosal?
People might want to read from the Autism Science Foundation http://www.autismsciencefoundation.o...dvaccines.html
Quote:
While there are still a handful of parents who, in almost a religious way, cling to the notion that vaccines cause autism, the vast majority of parents and scientists have accepted what the data clearly show. There is no data to support an autism vaccine link. There never has been. Vaccines donít cause autism.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:19 PM

All I can say is, **** some people are stoopid...
The Following User Says Thank You to Patouzorus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 03:34 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
People might want to read from the Autism Science Foundation http://www.autismsciencefoundation.o...dvaccines.html
I know.

It's getting to be completely stupid.

Autism runs in my family on the paternal side. My nieces and nephews all have full blown autism, or aspergers.

Not one received a vaccine as an infant. Now they have them, and they're doing pretty well considering.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Why would what I do for a living factor in sir?

I could care less what your credentials are......

Are their special credentials that allow one to post on the topic of artificial vaccination???