Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Manmade and Natural Disasters
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 PM
shottist. Brit spelling.

Thanked 7,331 Times in 3,754 Posts

Advertise Here

Becoming? It's been in progress since 1865, with a speedup in 1932-34, again in the 1960s, and it's about to come out in the open now. This hasn't been a speedy process.
The Following User Says Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,260 Times in 727 Posts

We will likely see a big push for nullification by the states and big push back from DC and a downward spiral from there that ends in states seceding or threatening and then armed troops sent in to try and stop it and or airstrikes. Then open conflict.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to three_dogs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,252 Times in 801 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckTheWeather View Post
Personally, I don't see Texas as the Amazing state of self reliant rebels as they would have others believe. I have been there lots of times and thier laws regarding gun ownership are pretty strict now. *shrug* Nothing against Texas, but I just think they are kind of a spent load as far as all that.
Texas got that rep, whether they deserved it or not. I tip my hat to those people down there just for the fact that they haven't all snapped and started roving the border in armed packs.

I will tell you that the state of Michigan, despite the fact that it is technically a blue state, is no blue state. Remove the stinking rotting cities, and Michigan is a sportsman's paradise. And trust me, there's a respectable arsenal in more rural households than not.

It isn't called 'The Wolverine State' for nothing.......
The Following User Says Thank You to Bucksnort For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,178 Times in 635 Posts

I cannot believe this thread got up to 9 pages.......There are alot of delusional people out there....It's OK...... OBAMACARE covers pre-existing conditions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sabotage39k For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Demon of the Midwest

Thanked 7,305 Times in 2,578 Posts

They keep calling our Republic a Democracy, sadly no one believes they are wrong. One of the many reasons we are as ****ed as we are. Any time someone around you says we live in a Democracy set them straight please. The lack of knowledge in the regular masses is what has got us to where we are now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TinmanIA For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckTheWeather View Post
Personally, I don't see Texas as the Amazing state of self reliant rebels as they would have others believe. I have been there lots of times and thier laws regarding gun ownership are pretty strict now. *shrug* Nothing against Texas, but I just think they are kind of a spent load as far as all that.
I've been to the bathroom many times, that doesn't make me a plumber. Visiting Texas doesn't make you an expert on how we think. Our gun laws are, on average, far more conservative than the rest of the nation, and we embrace Castle Doctrine just fine. Besides, you're basing your view on the spirit of an entire state only on an erroneous opinion of gun laws? Really?

Haters gonna hate...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gw812 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 10:30 AM
storm clouds on the horiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw812 View Post
I've been to the bathroom many times, that doesn't make me a plumber. Visiting Texas doesn't make you an expert on how we think. Our gun laws are, on average, far more conservative than the rest of the nation, and we embrace Castle Doctrine just fine. Besides, you're basing your view on the spirit of an entire state only on an erroneous opinion of gun laws? Really?

Haters gonna hate...
Actually, my mom is fromAmarillo, and I work in Houston and travel all over the state. So... I would say that does make me an expert... Then again, that is just my opinion, and we all know what they say about opinions!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 AM
8ⓖ 12ⓜ

Thanked 13,328 Times in 4,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksnort View Post
Texas got that rep, whether they deserved it or not. I tip my hat to those people down there just for the fact that they haven't all snapped and started roving the border in armed packs.

I will tell you that the state of Michigan, despite the fact that it is technically a blue state, is no blue state. Remove the stinking rotting cities, and Michigan is a sportsman's paradise. And trust me, there's a respectable arsenal in more rural households than not.

Yep. I don't normally watch the news, but on Election Night, I had the TV on and I was logged on here all day and into the night.

I watched the individual counties in some states, like Michigan, go blue while all around the "blue islands," (no doubt rural areas where people still have common sense), the graphic was red, red, red.

An ill wind is blowing. Whether it culminates in open armed conflict or not, I don't know. But I do know I'm prepping for disruptions in the flow of goods from any of a number of causes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtnCat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2012, 12:33 PM
guns-a-blazin'

racism is at an all time high for recent years. I have seen a lot of Facebook posts and heard the racist jokes. I believe we'll have a race war before too long.
The Following User Says Thank You to SC survivalist For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksnort View Post

Same thing here in California. the metropolitan areas are brain dead, but here in hills, life is fairly good. If civil action were to come, once the water and food were cut off the metro areas would come in line quickly.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Prepared

It would look like hell on earth, just like every other armed conflict in the history of mankind.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Farmer

Thanked 22,233 Times in 9,038 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 
Total Awards: 1

34 states now have petitions running to allow them to succeed from the Union.
The Following User Says Thank You to ForestBeekeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 PM
8ⓖ 12ⓜ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestBeekeeper View Post
34 states now have petitions running to allow them to succeed from the Union.
FBK, I had no idea it had gotten that serious. May I ask: is Tennessee one of the 34?
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM
patriot to american

who give a **** who starts a war in war there is no winners, just
alot of dead people this mean alot of dead americans, i know this sucks
but i think it is needed when your freedom is going to be taken
from you then you must stand up and fight for your freedom ,i my self would
rather die standing a freeman than to be on my knee as a slave,
i think the The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
The Following User Says Thank You to patriot Bob For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Farmer

Thanked 22,233 Times in 9,038 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnCat View Post
FBK, I had no idea it had gotten that serious. May I ask: is Tennessee one of the 34?
A friend of mine sent me an email with the list.

The petitions are hosted on www.whitehouse.gov I followed the link and saw them. Then I deleted it.

Sorry

I just do not want my name on one of those lists. I know what happened the last time a group of states tried to succeed.

I do not recall which states were among those with petitions running.

Feel free to check out whitehouse.gov
The Following User Says Thank You to ForestBeekeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 PM
student dr

Slight possibility states will be allowed to peacefully secede. State governments should start hoarding gold, encourage its citizens to hold gold. When the dollar collapses, the federal government will be brought to its knees. Best thing that can happen then is a few states prepared to part ways. Sure the tyrants in the federal government will not want them to leave, but there is a chance that they won't have the functional infrastructure (or at least control thereof) to suppress the resistence.

... In many ways I am more scared of foreign powers that hate us (virtually the whole world, thanks to our idiotic, suicidal foreign policy of the last several decades) that may take advantage of us in our weakened state.

Let's just say either way I don't want to be in any of self-entitled, government-worshiping, gun-hating blue states when this happens, or at least the major cities therein.

And again, I will plug this article from Matt Bracken, which gives another scenario of how the dollar collapse may play out:

Bracken: When The Music Stops – How America’s Cities May Explode In Violence

^ Worth a read, but again, just one possibility.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:36 PM

In my opinion this is very much a possibility. with waht 30 states wanting out of the United States. Texas has of this morning almost 100,000 signatures on the petitions.
So if the states want "O" out then the roiting will start. and thus throw us into civil war
Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 PM
VIP Member

Heh in usa the rebellion would be squashed like bug
Old 11-14-2012, 04:26 PM
8ⓖ 12ⓜ

Oh, dear... Up to 40 states now? Yes, Tennessee has reached its "25,000 signatures needed to be 'considered' by the...administration."

http://www.examiner.com/article/whit...-petitioning-1
Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 PM
storm clouds on the horiz

All 50 now...

The link to register is imbedded...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...183500440.html