Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Military Weapons Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files



Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Nomad1 Nomad1 is offline
Recent Blog:
Hiker
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 529
Thanks: 1,031
Thanked 541 Times in 263 Posts
Default UN Treaty



Advertise Here

Possible changes in the news, not looking so good for many in near future.
May be time to let our reps known how you feel about our rights
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/ar...otiations.aspx
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...t-weapons-ban/
I predict our future will look something like this.
http://www.aic.gov.au/en/publication...6_reforms.aspx
Choices are in the future for ownership, pressure the people we have to let them know how you feel or ownership will be LOST......
Old 11-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Mudcat Stew's Avatar
Mudcat Stew Mudcat Stew is offline
Galactic Hitchhiker
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North MS
Posts: 341
Thanks: 518
Thanked 384 Times in 163 Posts
Default

I have a feeling this piece of work with UN will go down about as well as "fast and furious" and Benghazi.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mudcat Stew For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Sinlessorrow Sinlessorrow is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,115
Thanks: 37
Thanked 910 Times in 465 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad1 View Post
Possible changes in the news, not looking so good for many in near future.
May be time to let our reps known how you feel about our rights
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/ar...otiations.aspx
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...t-weapons-ban/
I predict our future will look something like this.
http://www.aic.gov.au/en/publication...6_reforms.aspx
Choices are in the future for ownership, pressure the people we have to let them know how you feel or ownership will be LOST......
It will not affect us at all. Constitutional rights supersede international treaties.

as far as import and export we already have those laws, and the USA is the golden standard for importation and exportation of fire arms, this will only affect other countries with incredibly poor laws or no laws.

As much as I dislike Obama he did not call for a new AWB, what he did was mention it in response to a question and then quickly changed the subject to education. Obama is known for pushing and promoting things he really cares about, so far in his time as president he has mentioned it all of 3 sentences in 10 seconds. An AWB will not happen, Obama doesn't care about one, the Republicans control the House, Demand for gun control is at an all time low in the USA, there are enough Dem's that like their position enough to not commit career suicide by voting for an AWB, gun ownership is at an all time high in history, gun manufacturers and shop owners are at an all time high in history......it wont happen.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sinlessorrow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Sweeper80's Avatar
Sweeper80 Sweeper80 is offline
III%
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: over on the dry side
Posts: 5,422
Thanks: 12,796
Thanked 27,936 Times in 3,733 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinlessorrow View Post
It will not affect us at all. Constitutional rights supersede international treaties.

as far as import and export we already have those laws, and the USA is the golden standard for importation and exportation of fire arms, this will only affect other countries with incredibly poor laws or no laws.

As much as I dislike Obama he did not call for a new AWB, what he did was mention it in response to a question and then quickly changed the subject to education. Obama is known for pushing and promoting things he really cares about, so far in his time as president he has mentioned it all of 3 sentences in 10 seconds. An AWB will not happen, Obama doesn't care about one, the Republicans control the House, Demand for gun control is at an all time low in the USA, there are enough Dem's that like their position enough to not commit career suicide by voting for an AWB, gun ownership is at an all time high in history, gun manufacturers and shop owners are at an all time high in history......it wont happen.
I really hope you're right.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Gort's Avatar
Gort Gort is offline
Klaatu Brarada Nikto
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ballistic, Arizona
Posts: 791
Thanks: 683
Thanked 830 Times in 393 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinlessorrow View Post

As much as I dislike Obama he did not call for a new AWB, what he did was mention it in response to a question and then quickly changed the subject to education.
Obama once said to Rev Jeremiah Wright: "The difference between you and me is....you have to tell the truth". (the Reverend himself was kind enough to supply that quote)

Obama has a history of lying, if you are willing to put your trust in the hands of a confirmed liar then maybe I can sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.

Keep something in mind, the democrat party changed back in the late 70s, under Jimmy Carter....the last real democrat was JFK. I heard a speech by JFK, about the economy and taxes, and I swear I though I was listening to Ronald Reagan.

Democrats today are actually Progressive Socialists, which happens to be 1 step short of a Marxist...and only 2 steps short of being a Communist.

People need to realize that we are at the breaking point where the constitution is likely to be considered an 'outdated document'....we have at least 3 Supreme Court justices (and a president) that have openly said that already. PUT NOTHING PAST OUR CURRENT LEADERS...ESPECIALLY IF THEY CALL THEMSELVES A DEMOCRAT.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gort For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:21 AM
nhfieldrep's Avatar
nhfieldrep nhfieldrep is offline
Gunstud
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Age: 63
Posts: 200
Thanks: 260
Thanked 401 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinlessorrow View Post
It will not affect us at all. Constitutional rights supersede international treaties.

as far as import and export we already have those laws, and the USA is the golden standard for importation and exportation of fire arms, this will only affect other countries with incredibly poor laws or no laws.

As much as I dislike Obama he did not call for a new AWB, what he did was mention it in response to a question and then quickly changed the subject to education. Obama is known for pushing and promoting things he really cares about, so far in his time as president he has mentioned it all of 3 sentences in 10 seconds. An AWB will not happen, Obama doesn't care about one, the Republicans control the House, Demand for gun control is at an all time low in the USA, there are enough Dem's that like their position enough to not commit career suicide by voting for an AWB, gun ownership is at an all time high in history, gun manufacturers and shop owners are at an all time high in history......it wont happen.
I'm not so sure of that statement. It has been reported that when this treaty is signed or not, that we must follow international law as a signer of the Geneva Convention. All the UN has to do is to get something like 60% of the countrys to sign on and we have to follow it.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Herd Sniper Herd Sniper is offline
American fearmaker
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,603
Thanks: 11,723
Thanked 20,106 Times in 6,831 Posts
Default

The UN keeps drafting all sorts of goofy resolutions that are pretty much designed to cripple American/capitalist exports of different kinds or call us bad names. Why we let that bunch of yahoos stay inside of our country is beyond me. This resolution is aimed at us and firearms exports this time. When you look very carefully, the UN gun sanction doesn't really have that much effect on socialist countries as much as it does countries like ours which are capitalist based. It's an Obama dream plan present by International socialists for an American socialist president to drool over and wish to implement.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herd Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:28 AM
woodyp woodyp is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: East Texas
Posts: 2,178
Thanks: 571
Thanked 2,134 Times in 963 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcat Stew View Post
I have a feeling this piece of work with UN will go down about as well as "fast and furious" and Benghazi.
...the results of which had NO effect on the outcome of the election in favor of Romney. That's what oughta scare ya'.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodyp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:47 AM
BluntForceTrauma's Avatar
BluntForceTrauma BluntForceTrauma is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 944
Thanks: 258
Thanked 1,059 Times in 446 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfieldrep View Post
I'm not so sure of that statement. It has been reported that when this treaty is signed or not, that we must follow international law as a signer of the Geneva Convention. All the UN has to do is to get something like 60% of the countrys to sign on and we have to follow it.
Absolutely untrue.
The Following User Says Thank You to BluntForceTrauma For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Mississippi54 Mississippi54 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 196
Thanks: 504
Thanked 212 Times in 100 Posts
Default

If they cared about the constitution we wouldn't be where we are today.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mississippi54 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Nutty Old Geezer Nutty Old Geezer is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,776
Thanks: 3,299
Thanked 3,821 Times in 1,615 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
Absolutely untrue.
Sorry but I read that also. They figured it is a way to get around having to vote on it. The Senate approved the method in a previous UN treaty they ratified. Also reported was in the "fine print" inside this treaty was a requirement to "prove where personal weapons were located" IE registration of all firearms. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Halogen's Avatar
Halogen Halogen is offline
I hate these word crimes
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 46
Thanks: 88
Thanked 84 Times in 26 Posts
Default

I worry that the UN treaty if it initially doesn't affect us, will lay the groundwork for further regulation down the pipe.

I am not going to wait to see if I am wrong. Time to stock up.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Rifleman55 Rifleman55 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 248
Thanks: 12
Thanked 213 Times in 108 Posts
Default

They may try to stop the US from importing the cheap com block ammo.
They cannot stop the world leaders from selling guns and ammo to third world countries. It is like trying to stop the cartels from selling drugs. It isn't going to happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rifleman55 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Sinlessorrow Sinlessorrow is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,115
Thanks: 37
Thanked 910 Times in 465 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halogen View Post
I worry that the UN treaty if it initially doesn't affect us, will lay the groundwork for further regulation down the pipe.

I am not going to wait to see if I am wrong. Time to stock up.
It wont. The constitution supersedes any and all treaties, the supreme court has ruled this.

The UN ATT will have no affect on the USA, anyone sayin it will is speaking purely out of fear and paranoia.

Also do ya'll do realise if they ever push a new AWB(which they wont) there will be no grandfatherin of weapons so stocking up out of fear is foolish.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:03 PM
BoycottTheDay BoycottTheDay is offline
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,351
Thanks: 9,444
Thanked 7,626 Times in 3,138 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinlessorrow View Post
so stocking up out of fear is foolish.
Dont you feel out of place, stocking up is a sport around here.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Bucksnort Bucksnort is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,124
Thanks: 1,658
Thanked 2,252 Times in 801 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinlessorrow View Post
An AWB will not happen, Obama doesn't care about one, the Republicans control the House, Demand for gun control is at an all time low in the USA, there are enough Dem's that like their position enough to not commit career suicide by voting for an AWB, gun ownership is at an all time high in history, gun manufacturers and shop owners are at an all time high in history......it wont happen.



I really hope that you're right. However, the 'Obama doesn't care about one' is incorrect. Obama's entire political history has had hostility towards the 2nd Amendment as a constant. The fact that he ISN'T discussing it on camera doesn't mean a damn thing. He isn't talking about Benghazi either, and it's pretty clear there's a cover-up there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bucksnort For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 04:52 PM
BoycottTheDay BoycottTheDay is offline
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,351
Thanks: 9,444
Thanked 7,626 Times in 3,138 Posts
Default

Isnt on camera, never takes any questions from reporters even though they kiss his ass.

Yet these drones seem to think they know exactly whats going on in his mind, right.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Uncle Bob Uncle Bob is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,336
Thanks: 3,036
Thanked 5,062 Times in 2,091 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
Obama once said to Rev Jeremiah Wright: "The difference between you and me is....you have to tell the truth". (the Reverend himself was kind enough to supply that quote)

Obama has a history of lying, if you are willing to put your trust in the hands of a confirmed liar then maybe I can sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.

Keep something in mind, the democrat party changed back in the late 70s, under Jimmy Carter....the last real democrat was JFK. I heard a speech by JFK, about the economy and taxes, and I swear I though I was listening to Ronald Reagan.

Democrats today are actually Progressive Socialists, which happens to be 1 step short of a Marxist...and only 2 steps short of a being Communist.

People need to realize that we are at the breaking point where the constitution is likely to be considered an 'outdated document'....we have at least 3 Supreme Court justices (and a president) that have openly said that already. PUT NOTHING PAST OUR CURRENT LEADERS...ESPECIALLY IF THEY CALL THEMSELVES A DEMOCRAT.
Ronald Reagan did not come up with trickle down economics. Kennedy spoke of it first.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Sinlessorrow Sinlessorrow is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,115
Thanks: 37
Thanked 910 Times in 465 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoycottTheDay View Post
Dont you feel out of place, stocking up is a sport around here.
Stocking up is fine. Stocki up for an AWB that will no allow any grandfathering is foolish, cause if it happened(and it wont) your guns will then be illegal.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Sinlessorrow Sinlessorrow is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,115
Thanks: 37
Thanked 910 Times in 465 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksnort View Post
I really hope that you're right. However, the 'Obama doesn't care about one' is incorrect. Obama's entire political history has had hostility towards the 2nd Amendment as a constant. The fact that he ISN'T discussing it on camera doesn't mean a damn thing. He isn't talking about Benghazi either, and it's pretty clear there's a cover-up there.
The UN ATT is not targetin our 2A and even if it was our constitution supersedes it. The most that could happen is we can no longer import foreign AK's which guess what...we already can't.

An AWB also will not happen for the reasons I mentioned in my first post. Republicans have the house, the senate is practically deadlocked and there are so may gun stores/manuf's today that to pass an AWB would forces those companies out of business thus passing it would be career suicide for anyone wanting another shot at the senate/house.

Combine that with the fact that gun owner ship is a an all time high and the amount of people wanting gun control is at an all time low means it wont happen.

Even if they tried it would never get past the house.
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UN treaty NOT SIGNED by U.S! Dragunov General Discussion 100 07-29-2012 05:09 PM
Start Treaty Shark Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 12-22-2010 07:45 PM
Copenhagen Treaty MotherEarth Controversial News and Alternative Politics 9 11-19-2009 07:28 AM
Lisbon Treaty Chops249 British Isles and ROI 37 10-10-2009 09:14 AM
Senate Considering Treaty Ammo Firearms General Discussion 1 11-03-2007 02:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Kevin Felts 2006 - 2012,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net