Creepy stories from the outdoors. - Page 131 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy stories from the indoors scosmo451 General Discussion 369 06-23-2016 08:55 AM
Creepy stories not from the outdoors itslikethatross Urban Survival 89 05-13-2016 03:52 AM
Funny Stories From The Outdoors AK_guy Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 30 04-18-2016 09:02 AM
Creepy/Scary Campfire Stories JJohnsonMtMan Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 04-01-2015 02:50 PM
Creepy Red*Lion General Discussion 0 01-23-2014 08:27 PM
Can Anybody Say, Creepy?.......... MountainRecluse Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 09-08-2010 07:12 PM
WOW, this is CREEPY Dirt Fisher General Discussion 1 11-02-2009 11:54 PM

Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,926 Times in 1,778 Posts

Advertise Here

so how often do you hang out with the yeti? every friday swilling down a beer or two?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Deo Vindice

Thanked 28,801 Times in 7,823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square Peg View Post
Urban legend. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It seems to depend on context ... what's going on, whether they feel threatened, and so on.

In my area, the stink is not something constant with them, its something they seem to be able to do at will and sometimes accompanies other activities whether they wish it or not.

Do a google search on primate olfactory communications. The smell I've smelled and the situations I smelled it in seem to be part of a threat / dominance display. I've been near them in other places where there was no smell at all.
I know the one I encountered smelled pretty bad. But it was in a swamp and the hair was matted and pretty nasty. Smelled like a wet dog rolled in road kill then got into it with a skunk at the dump on a hot august florida day after a rain.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dudeman351 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,926 Times in 1,778 Posts

im actually surprised at all the people that claim to have seen these creatures...

i also wonder what the number of dope fiends alcoholics as well, bet the numbers are similar.. Now dont get me wrong im sure there are those good people that genuinely think that think they've seen one or perhaps smelled one.... but a picture is worth a thousand words... some matted hair would be nice as well..... perhaps these fellows that 'hang out' where these creatures exist could bring some physical evidence
other wise its just so much malarkey...
Old 11-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Target Shooter

The one you encountered ?
Bath salts really need to become illegal.....
Old 11-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Deo Vindice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxpatrickxx View Post
The one you encountered ?
Bath salts really need to become illegal.....
People like you is the reason I don't like to talk about it. Now if you have something to add to the discussion please do. If you're just going to troll and be an ******* please STFU.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dudeman351 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Target Shooter

Lol you made up Sasquatch story's and call me a troll.... This is creepy story's from the outdoors not "monster quest" where we need to hear a bunch of made up bull**** about a creature who's supposed existence when no body, ****, hair or anything else that would actually back up the evidence has ever been found.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Deo Vindice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxpatrickxx View Post
Lol you made up Sasquatch story's and call me a troll.... This is creepy story's from the outdoors not "monster quest" where we need to hear a bunch of made up bull**** about a creature who's supposed existence when no body, ****, hair or anything else that would actually back up the evidence has ever been found.
FYI there is evidence. DNA found that came back as unknown. Teddy Rooselvelt,told of unknown creatures. Lance Stroud has had more than one encounter. Guess they were on bath salts too? Legends that go back thousands of years across borders and cultures that never interacted with one another. You have a small mind. Are you an ******* by nature or do you practice at it?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dudeman351 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:29 AM

flame war!
The Following User Says Thank You to biscuitbarrel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman351 View Post
FYI there is evidence. DNA found that came back as unknown. Teddy Rooselvelt,told of unknown creatures. Lance Stroud has had more than one encounter. Guess they were on bath salts too? Legends that go back thousands of years across borders and cultures that never interacted with one another. You have a small mind. Are you an ******* by nature or do you practice at it?
Lol.... You're in luck ! "Finding Bigfoot" has a marathon on today ! Maybe they'll catch this big out of focus monster and shut me up for good !

And don't call me names because I refuse to belive in something that has no evidence supporting it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xxpatrickxx For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 03:24 PM

C,mon. Stop fighting. If you dont want to believe the guy then dont read what he has to write.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to weirddavid For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 03:49 PM

That is nuts. It's too bad you didn't get a chance to talk to the young lady to see if she knew what this guy's problem was. Maybe she cut him off 2+ hours ago on the interstate and he followed her (I've heard of crap like that before).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
I pulled into a gas station yesterday with the family at about 5:30, as people were getting off of work. The station is in a largely suburban neighborhood where there are a few business offices, but certainly not anywhere near the busy part of town.

I got a feeling that something was about to go down. I didn't know what, but the Spidey sense was tingling, so I peaked over the pump, about 10 seconds before a wild eyed hobo looking guy about 30' away, started yelling at the lady pumping gas in front of my car. He screamed at her, and looked at me. I heard her say something on my right as I kept him in sight, and he yelled back, turning to look at me again. He looked down and around, and then back at me again.

Now, the funny thing is that I rarely stare at people, and tend to avoid eye contact whenever possible. I'll watch them in a window reflection or a mirror whenever possible as they don't notice me watching them that way. Well, in this situation, I got the real distinct impression that I needed to stare him down regardless of the fact that it tends to escalate problems. It was a really creepy thing to do, but it felt like the right thing to do at the time although it was totally against my nature.

He looked up, around, back at me, down, got in his truck, got back out, then glared at me again, screamed and got back in the truck. He peeled out through the station, did a three point turn on the far side of the station, then came back through flying through the station between the cars and the pay booth doing about 20 mph, and tore right onto the street right into a red light.

He continued screaming while waiting, then lit it up in 1st and 2nd gear, tearing off into the distance. I looked at the lady and the young guy who looked like her boyfriend, and they jumped in their car and bailed.

Rack up another crazy confrontation that was averted by situational awareness. I'm certain he was planning on coming over and going crazy, but having me positioned where I was, staring him down behind the pump, seemed to make him think otherwise.

I have to admit that I didn't want a confrontation for sure, but having heat certainly makes one worry less in such situations. Just the same, I'd rather have him take crazytown back to his place, thanks.

__
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcricket View Post
When my son was a toddler he had a favorite toy which was a 8-10 sided ''ball'' which would play a different song for each one of the flat spots when it was rolled . One night this ''ball'' starts playing songs in the middle of the night. My son was in his crib and my dogs were in bed with me and my wife ,it woke me and my wife up.The crazy part is you had to move this ball to get it to play.We had other strange occurances in this house also(see earlier posts).I took the batteries out after that.
My daughter has a toy like this, and it would often play unexpectedly. never could figure out why, but on some of the kids toys they are made to make noise if they are on but inactive for so long so parents can find them or to get kids to play more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evialvatar For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 PM

This thread is great!! I have two stories both occurring in the ocean. The first was when I went SCUBA diving for the first time in Panama City. I started to descend following the anchor line and as I looked down there was a long silver fish hovering right by the line. I was excited to see a fish right away. Well as I got closer to it I recognized the species as a barracuda. Needless to say I desended as fast as I possibly could after seeing those nasty teeth!!

The second story I have occurred sometime in the early 90s. My brothers and I had been taught to swim at an early age so we were very adept at this skill. When my grandparents retired they bought a condo on the beach in Vero Beach, FL. We would go every summer to visit and give our parents a break for a while. My grandma would take us down to the beach early in the morning and would watch us swim in the ocean. I was never really afraid of anything in the ocean. As I mentioned before I was a very good swimmer and I had even come close to a couple of sharks during these swims in the Atlantic. One day I decided to go snorkeling. I was cruising through the water chasing little crabs and putting them in a bag trying to one up my little brother who was doing the same. After snagging one I decided to look up to find my brother. As I did I came face to face with a giant gray blob floating in front of me. I screamed so loud under the water that my brother heard me several feet behind me. I swam as fast as I could toward my brother who was laughing hysterically. I turned to look at whatever the massive grey blob was only to find out it was a manatee with its young lazily floating around the warm water. It's probably the most scared I have ever been but, looking back on the situation, it sure was a funny encounter!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to southernclash For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblingBear View Post
As you and your stepdad showed, though - if you're direct with spirits they usually respond to it.

I do not fear spirits. In fact, I am curious about them. This is why they usually leave me along or leave after I move in. The exception is dark things.. but they tend to avoid me now too.

I had a lot of experiences when I was married, but I believe that is because of my x wife. She was depressed, crazy, and loopy. I now believe that mental instability either attracts evil spirits, is caused by evil spirits, or both.

For anyone out there who is sensitive to spirits, don't go to an insane asylum. It's a scary sort of place.

Bumblingbear,

I also post on the www.asylumprojects.org and www.opacity.us websites and have had the opposite experience with asylums. (I've visited several, including many abandoned or less active ones.) I think part of it is the feelings/state we bring when we enter a place. That being said I am about as sensitive as a brick when it comes to spirits. Dunno what it is, my wife sees em and is sensitive, I could probably have a ghost pee in my coffee and I'd miss it and be ****ed my coffee tastes like crap.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evialvatar For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Prepared

As I read farther I see this has become the general creepy stories page so I have a couple others to add. First took place while on a work trip to Chicago and is the more recent, the others I remembered as I read some other stories.

So I hate driving in Chicago, but I do it often and was stuck going to a training down town for work. Rather than drive I decided to take the bus to the airport and hop on the L to get to my destination, that way I didn't have to try and find and pay for over night parking (I had previously picked a reputable place and was one of several people who had their car broke into when the guard left for a side action). All was good, it was a nice fall day and kind of cold but nothing too bad. I caught my bus early and was downtown to catch the L around 5:00pm. The L took forever getting downtown though and by the time I was getting near the hotel it was already dark. The exit I needed from the L station to get to my hotel was in a mall that closed at 5 and everything was dark and closed up. As I am getting off the train to exit to street level I have to follow this narrow winding path that runs all the way up through the center of this mall and comes out a side door. Of course there is no one else around so I start up the stairs not realizing how many flights it is. About the 2nd short flight I start to hear footsteps behind me, which freaks me out as no new train had arrived and I hadn't seen anyone else get off on my stop (in fact the whole train had been pretty empty as everyone was going out of town, not in at that time). So I grab my stuff and hussle up the stairs moving as fast as I can without running and trying to look at the corners to see who or what is following me. Finally I see there is a security gate with some guards milling around waiting to clock out. I pull all my stuff up next to the gate and bend to "tie my shoe" and wait for whoever is following me. Turns out it's some young kid in a hoody with ear phones in bopping along behind me. I decide we can play the game and I bend to tie the other shoe and act like I'm looking for something in my bag and let the kid go by. As he approaches he seems kind of miffed when he sees the security people behind the gate and rolls past. After I am finished I stroll on out and make for the taxi stand outside the mall without looking at the kid making sure that there are more people around. After a few seconds I saw the kid duck back into the malls L entrance and never saw him again, but I heard later there was an increase in security on the L lines in that area after several muggings occurred.

The other good one i have doesn't really involve me too directly as I never saw anything in this house, but my brother and I spent plenty of time in the place and he told me the other night he swears up and down he was there for one of the weird events.

As I think I stated in this part of the forum before it seems I am totally insensitive to ghosts I guess. I've had plenty of strange occurrences and scares, but usually they have all been explained by something. This particular one was just weird though.

So growing up I lived in a small town in Michigan and my friends parents owned a home down town that was one of the older homes in town. Prior to their owning it, it had been the family home of the people who owned one of the largest and oldest mortuary services in town. The house itself had never been used for showing or funerals but did have extra storage and a large dumbwaiter type elevator (large enough to fit a casket on stand) that ran from the first floor to the basement where a backup cooler and refrigeration unit had been put in the 1940's. The only confirmed time that the house ever had bodies stored for more than a passing storm outage was during WWII when several young men from the area that were part of a platoon killed in the pacific theatre were all returned for burial. (The house had a backup cooler and trays for body cold storage, but was usually left off. The mortuary would turn it on when the weather threatened snow as they had to store bodies in their own cooler at the mortuary by packing the cooler with ice as the power was out for almost 2 weeks after a storm one year.) We were often warned not to play in the elevator and to be careful in the basement, but played their anyway. Both my brother and his friend swear they heard weird noises, saw shadows, and had other odd occurrences in that house, but I never was around or saw anything myself. The oddest of these occurrences happened to my brother and his friend. The two were playing one time and swore something locked them in the dumbwaiter elevator and wouldn't let them out. (The dumbwaiter ran by pull cord from the inside as well as outside, but you couldn't open the doors between floors) I happened to find the elevator between floors and ran the dumbwaiter up to the first floor, not knowing they were "stuck" between floors. The two of them booked it out and I at the time thought they were scared because they had gotten stuck in the dark. Haven't been back to Michigan since I graduated almost 15 years ago so it seemed funny that my brother told me the story of that day when he did. Hadn't thought about that old place in years.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestbit View Post
That is nuts. It's too bad you didn't get a chance to talk to the young lady to see if she knew what this guy's problem was. Maybe she cut him off 2+ hours ago on the interstate and he followed her (I've heard of crap like that before).
Yeah, he was yelling something crazy at her. He came away from the pay booth, headed to his truck, stepped away towards her direction, looked at me, then back to his truck. He did this twice.

Crazy guy was in his late 50's or so, and the gal in her late 30's / early 40's was there with her son or boyfriend who looked to be in his mid 20's. The old guy was looking to start something, but between the guy near her, and me standing 20' away mostly concealed behind a pump, I think he weighed his options and calculated correctly that his odds weren't good.

Trust the inner radar. I attract crazy people like a moth to a porch light, but I've been able to dodge, redirect, or completely avoid trouble 100% so far. The last fight I got in was in front of my 9th grade Geometry class, and he went down hard. I try to avoid stupid wherever it may be found, and I find that it's pretty much everywhere.

__
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Neptune For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Well, like a lot of guys here, I've spent a lot of time in the woods. Not just the woods, but urban areas as well. Country, suburb, city, woods, wherever...

The common denominator is situational awareness. Stop and look. Who is around you? What is around you? Animals? Escape routes? Potential for accidents? Slippery surfaces? Traffic situations? Are you looking and anticipating things before they happen? Are you reading texts and listening to your IPod while walking?

The second aspect of situational awareness regards things that you don't usually do. Everyone looks around and bases their judgements mostly on vision alone. Whenever I get off the freeway, the radio gets turned way down or off, and the window gets rolled down. Can I hear sirens? Cars skidding? Traffic? Honking? Listen.

The third aspect: Smell. Animals stink as do people. Brush fires stink. The wind gives away the weather. Rain and snow add moisture to the air. The Viet Cong sniffed out the Americans from the scent of the soap they bathed with. The Americans also smelled different from the French due to diet and bathing habits. The Viets smelled like fish from their diet. Animals smell according to the type and diet as well. You'll start noticing these types of things. I can identify people by the cigarettes they smoke, the perfume or cologne they wear, the soap they use, or their hygiene in general. It's a fun game to practice when you're bored and looking for a distraction.

Fourth: Intuition. In my opinion, the most important. I believe in a higher power that is looking out for us. Some people call it a universal energy, gut feeling, 6th sense, clairvoyance, etc. Whatever you call it, there's an inherent thread out there that ties us all together. It can be developed and honed. Some people can tell when they're being lied to. Some people can tell when a person isn't able to be trusted from the first time they meet. No reason can be given, but they're usually spot on.

I'll often just stop in my tracks and try to feel what's going on around me. It drives my wife crazy, but you can tell who is watching you, where they are, and what their intentions are. If someone is watching you with intent, their actions change, their adrenaline flows, and they are wondering why you stopped. They often change direction, or look away. We sometimes pick up on these cues, but the fact that we can sense these things or feel them tells me that there is something greater at work here.

Quiet your mind. Avoid distractions and external stimulus beyond that of your normal senses. Listen to what your gut is telling you. When you come to a trail, which do you take? All of your senses might tell you to go down one trail, but your instinct says otherwise. Trust your instinct, you might not be catching the non-visual clues that your subconscious is picking up. As you get better, your instinct will align itself better with your other senses and you'll often be able to see or determine the cause for your caution and wariness.

Plan out your activity. Look at a map if you're hiking. Think ahead of where you are and what you can immediately see. Have you ever stopped on a bend in the trail, afraid to go around the corner? Stupid paranoid kid fear at work? Maybe, maybe not. I don't take chances, I listen to my gut and don't discredit those feelings. People say it's nonscientific, but there's a lot out there that science can't explain.

Pay attention to your instincts. Become aware of your surroundings. Don't second guess yourself. The worst thing that can happen is you're inconvenienced needlessly. The best thing that can happen is that you've avoided a seriously bad situation. Err on the side of caution I always say.
__
I've chopped it up a bit, but what is left is spot on.

"Some people can tell when a person isn't able to be trusted from the first time they meet. No reason can be given, but they're usually spot on."

This is especially true. If somebody gives you an uneasy feeling, there is always a reason whether you can put your finger on it at the time or not. I have gotten this feeling from people that I have known for years, and it has proven to me that even people that you thought you trusted can change. My wife doesn't have this "gift", but she has learned over the years to trust my instincts without a second thought.

Whether you are in the wilderness, the city, on the highway, or in the mall parking lot, you should trust those instincts. You may never know for sure if they were right or wrong, but chances are very good that they are trying to save you from a bad situation.

Always practice situational awareness of your surroundings. You see, hear, smell, and sense more than you are ever conciously aware of.

Very good post Neptune!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to swamp_shadow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 PM

Quite a few pages back in my story about my wife and I honeymooning in a haunted house in the Smokies, I mentioned that I had another one to share that I believed to be paranormal. It is hard for me to re-live it, but here it goes.

The setting was in a small Western Kentucky town where I grew up not long after marrying my high school sweetheart.

We looked at a trailer to rent in a smallish trailer park on the edge of town. It was very nice until we came to the master bedroom. The matress on the bed had a large blood stain on it that stretched nearly all the way across the matress near the head of the bed. The landlord acted ashamed and said that she had told "Rodney" (her maintenance man) to get rid of it.
I asked her what had happened and she quipped that evidently somebody had lost their cherry. Odd, at the head of the bed?
Oh well, we rented it and moved our own bed in. Found out that Rodney was a strange dude, but very helpful.
We had been living there for almost a year and had our first son now, an infant. Thats when strange things started happening in the trailer. Things started moving from one place to another, like from the kitchen to the bedroom. The babys room to the bedroom. the bathroom to the bedroom. Always to the master bedroom. We blamed it on each other.

One night we heard a very close, but muffled sounding gunshot and we both jumped out bed to check on the baby. He was wide awake, but unharmed. My (then) wife started looking out of the windows and throughout the trailer, but I went straight to my gun cabinet to check in there even though I was sure none of the guns had been loaded. Nothing.
We were convinced that it had come from inside of the trailer, our bedroom to be exact, but there was no evidence to prove it. That was the first time we seriously discussed the blood stained matress and what may have caused it.

The next day I looked Rodney up and point blank asked him what had happened in the trailer before we moved in. He said that he wasn't supposed to say, but he could tell that something had happened. He told me that the previous tenant had put a pistol to his head and committed suicide right there in that bed. I felt like I had been punched in the gut and now knew what we had heard.
That day we decided to move, but we still had to find another place.

Two nights after the "gunshot" incident we were awakened by what I can only describe as the baby's terrified screaming. We both ran over each other running down the narrow hall to his room. She got there first with me right on her heels.
When she turned on the light we both saw a dark shadow over the crib for a brief second before it shot straight into a wall and disappeared. She grabbed the baby and took him out of the room. We were both stunned to find that the babys skin was very cold to the touch and it took quite some time to get him calmed down.
I was both scared and ****ed now. Something was messing with our child and I didn't know how to protect my own family against this "presence".

We moved in with my parents the next day until we found another place and there were no more incidents after that.

I bumped into Rodney about a month later and asked him for more details of the suicidal man. He said that the young couple had moved in. She was well along in her pregnancy, but the child was born very sick and passed away at around two months old. They were obviously distraught, but she took it very hard and for some reason blamed him for the baby being born sick. The relationship eventually dissolved and she left him. Less than a week later he committed suicide.

To me, that was a plausible explanation for why the "events" didn't start happening until we brought our newborn child into the trailer.
I am stubborn and I eventually decided that I still wasn't quite 100% convinced that what had happened there was paranormal even though I couldn't explain it any other way.
The night in the attic at the house in the Smokies 22 years later dispelled all doubts and made me realize that such things are real.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to swamp_shadow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Knowledge is portable...

Thanked 1,315 Times in 549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp_shadow View Post
Quite a few pages back in my story about my wife and I honeymooning in a haunted house in the Smokies, I mentioned that I had another one to share that I believed to be paranormal. It is hard for me to re-live it, but here it goes.

The setting was in a small Western Kentucky town where I grew up not long after marrying my high school sweetheart.

We looked at a trailer to rent in a smallish trailer park on the edge of town. It was very nice until we came to the master bedroom. The matress on the bed had a large blood stain on it that stretched nearly all the way across the matress near the head of the bed. The landlord acted ashamed and said that she had told "Rodney" (her maintenance man) to get rid of it.
I asked her what had happened and she quipped that evidently somebody had lost their cherry. Odd, at the head of the bed?
Oh well, we rented it and moved our own bed in. Found out that Rodney was a strange dude, but very helpful.
We had been living there for almost a year and had our first son now, an infant. Thats when strange things started happening in the trailer. Things started moving from one place to another, like from the kitchen to the bedroom. The babys room to the bedroom. the bathroom to the bedroom. Always to the master bedroom. We blamed it on each other.

One night we heard a very close, but muffled sounding gunshot and we both jumped out bed to check on the baby. He was wide awake, but unharmed. My (then) wife started looking out of the windows and throughout the trailer, but I went straight to my gun cabinet to check in there even though I was sure none of the guns had been loaded. Nothing.
We were convinced that it had come from inside of the trailer, our bedroom to be exact, but there was no evidence to prove it. That was the first time we seriously discussed the blood stained matress and what may have caused it.

The next day I looked Rodney up and point blank asked him what had happened in the trailer before we moved in. He said that he wasn't supposed to say, but he could tell that something had happened. He told me that the previous tenant had put a pistol to his head and committed suicide right there in that bed. I felt like I had been punched in the gut and now knew what we had heard.
That day we decided to move, but we still had to find another place.

Two nights after the "gunshot" incident we were awakened by what I can only describe as the baby's terrified screaming. We both ran over each other running down the narrow hall to his room. She got there first with me right on her heels.
When she turned on the light we both saw a dark shadow over the crib for a brief second before it shot straight into a wall and disappeared. She grabbed the baby and took him out of the room. We were both stunned to find that the babys skin was very cold to the touch and it took quite some time to get him calmed down.
I was both scared and ****ed now. Something was messing with our child and I didn't know how to protect my own family against this "presence".

We moved in with my parents the next day until we found another place and there were no more incidents after that.

I bumped into Rodney about a month later and asked him for more details of the suicidal man. He said that the young couple had moved in. She was well along in her pregnancy, but the child was born very sick and passed away at around two months old. They were obviously distraught, but she took it very hard and for some reason blamed him for the baby being born sick. The relationship eventually dissolved and she left him. Less than a week later he committed suicide.

To me, that was a plausible explanation for why the "events" didn't start happening until we brought our newborn child into the trailer.
I am stubborn and I eventually decided that I still wasn't quite 100% convinced that what had happened there was paranormal even though I couldn't explain it any other way.
The night in the attic at the house in the Smokies 22 years later dispelled all doubts and made me realize that such things are real.
Please tell me you weren't sleeping on that same bed...
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusassoc View Post
Please tell me you weren't sleeping on that same bed...

Third Paragraph --->

"Oh well, we rented it and moved our own bed in."

swamp_shadow, I've had run-ins similar to that before. It fortunately never happened in a situation where my family was threatened though. That's something you don't want to mess around with or stick around to deal with.

I think that you definitely did the right thing, there's no telling what the outcome may have been otherwise. I don't believe in riding out that type of stuff. Head down the road and don't bother looking back! I'm glad to hear you guys were able to get out of there, and that things worked out for you.

Unexplainable dark shadows visibly fleeing through walls are no joke, and people who believe it's a matter of hallucinations, medication, or psychology have no clue what they're talking about. When you see something like that, it completely sets your every nerve on edge, and puts your senses on hyperdrive, especially when it's instantly confirmed by someone who just saw the exact same thing that you did.

Hearing the baby scream and the ice cold skin are only secondary indications to back up what you saw with your own eyes. It's not something you ever want to see again in your life, that's for sure. People talk big and tough about stuff they haven't experienced, but after experiencing a situation like that, it isn't fun to joke about that type of stuff anymore. It leaves you with a very vulnerable feeling and a healthy amount of caution and respect for the unknown.

__
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Neptune For This Useful Post: