Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Books, Movies & Stories
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 09-23-2012, 03:04 PM

Default Hillbilly Blood

Advertise Here

Anybody watching this show? Follows two guys in North or South Carolina in the Appalachian mountains. Both live off the grid. Some interesting stuff but they went deer hunting. It was bow season. They made their bows and headed out. On the way they set a snare for a deer using something like 550. They snare a deer. One walks up and says, "it broke its neck". When they clean it, it has obviously been shot (bow or gun, I can't tell). I know a lot of shows are scripted, but this was horrible and unneeded. I want to like the show but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Remember Murphy's Ridge.

What network is it on? We got rid of cable so I'm a little out of the loop. But I can watch it at work (on my downtime of course).
Old 09-23-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm friendly, maybe

Thanked 10,516 Times in 4,615 Posts

I seen a preview for it for the first time last night. I set up to record but with your review I don't know if I wanna bother watching it now.

I thought the Mountain Men show would be good but was disappointed with them too.
I have a group for those of us who like to prospect or mine for gold. Whether it be the person who just prospects with a pan, uses a metal detector or the person who has a giant trommel. Everyone's Welcome!
www.survivalistboards.com/group.php?groupid=370
Old 09-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Remember Murphy's Ridge.

I'm just liking tv less and less these days. We had HBO on at work yesterday and there was some vampire show on. It couldn't have been more wicked. This is entertainment?! Sorry, maybe a subject for a different thread. Anyway, back to the imposter hillbillies!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Camperius maximus

Thanked 2,382 Times in 1,129 Posts

It's the latest bashing, real-life fiction about hillbillies. Every Redneck and Hillbilly should be furious, Hey think WE could get by with bashing an embassy?
Sorry, that was out of line. But as for this Redneck, I'm angry about it.
I thought Call of the Wildman was fake enough, with the fake yell, and scripted lines.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redneckwildman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2012, 06:11 AM

I noticed the same thing about the deer.I wont watch it again.Its like all the other reality shows,nothing but BS. Every time I see one of the Alaska shows I wonder how people could believe that CRAP.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Trapper

Thanked 5,963 Times in 576 Posts
Cool

I am absolutely Flabbergasted and Amazed!!!

Do you mean that some of the stuff that I see on TV isn't true?!?

I'm going to write to my Congressman.

.....RVM45
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RVM45 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2012, 11:37 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckwildman View Post
It's the latest bashing, real-life fiction about hillbillies. Every Redneck and Hillbilly should be furious, Hey think WE could get by with bashing an embassy?
I thought Call of the Wildman was fake enough, with the fake yell, and scripted lines.
You mean...."YA, YA, YAHOOO", "Live Action!!" is scripted? HAHA

I kind of like the first episode of Hillbilly Blood I saw last night. It just came on the first time last night in my area...I will watch to see about the deer thing...But as everyone else says, it seems as if everything is scripted nowadays... Even Survivor Man 10 Days in Norway...he just happen to find a cabin out in the middle of the mountains, there just happen to be some firewood already chopped, and there just happen to be a frozen deer skin, head, and entrails sitting right outside the front door. The front door that had a latch and padlock on it, but the lock happen to be unlocked.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Hiker

I've seen it. Once.

One of the fellows lives about 10 miles from me. Don't be so impressed with what you see on TV. It ain't all that.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Anti-Federalist

You referring to the hippy kind of guy?
He doesn't work with Eustace Conway anymore, he is in Haywood county now. I've seen him 3-4 times since this show came out
Old 10-16-2012, 09:42 AM
CoalFired HillBilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckwildman View Post
I live in ky and have met turtleman a few times, the show may be scripted but rest assured he is a wildman! The yell is not fake either, years ago he was featured on KY afield, a local show on PBS, he still had the feathers in his hat and the yell. Hes the real deal, but I would like to see less scripting on the show
The Following User Says Thank You to brushybarry For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree64 View Post
Anybody watching this show? Follows two guys in North or South Carolina in the Appalachian mountains. Both live off the grid. Some interesting stuff but they went deer hunting. It was bow season. They made their bows and headed out. On the way they set a snare for a deer using something like 550. They snare a deer. One walks up and says, "it broke its neck". When they clean it, it has obviously been shot (bow or gun, I can't tell). I know a lot of shows are scripted, but this was horrible and unneeded. I want to like the show but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.
I've been watching a marathon of the series. First time I've seen it. The episode you describe above with the deer is what prompted me to come on here and search for anyone chatting about the show.

I'm a hunter and could easily see the "perfect" deer they snared, but noticed the tore up hide and body with holes in it when they skinned it. Another poor performance by our TV networks........
The Following User Says Thank You to Tacswa3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 02:52 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree64 View Post
I just finished watching Dual Survival 3 where Cody tried to plug a "wild" fowl with a slingshot.
If you look really closely at the screen, you can see someone literally either letting go of the bird
or dropping it when Cody shoots it (the dumb part is that even though it was staged, the bird
still got away...those dumbarses can't even fake a fake scene correctly).
Old 05-15-2013, 01:51 PM

I've seen quite a few episodes of the show and it is rather scripted. The hippie like guy just seems like a hipster that is out of his element.

As for the turtleman on Call of the Wildman...I've met him before and he is just as redneck and goofy as he seems on TV. He is a really cool guy and that is one of the few shows I will actually watch and know he isn't just a fake actor being stupid on tv.