Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 PM

Default Tom Brown jr is nothing more than a good con man

Advertise Here

Ive been thinking about this for a few years now. Tom has not provided any evidence of Stalking Wolf. If you read his books he says that tracks stay for years after their maker leaves them. So with people asking for proof of Stalking Wolf, why hasn't anyone talked about his tracks? I have never heard or read anything about anyone finding or studying Stalking Wolfs tracks. With that said Im sure we will have a bunch of brownies coming to Toms rescue talking about S.W's tracks, Im calling B.S on those people right now for the simple fact that they would have used this as proof years ago.
The whole S.W story reminds me of stories about a man that I loved and respected in my youth. He did wonderful things for people. He brought them great joy.... He also had magical powers. There are more stories about him around the world than can be counted. But the simple fact remains, and I am sorry kids, but Santa Claus is fake, plain and simple.
I'm a darn good tracker myself, I am self taught. I know there are other trackers out there that have never been to a school for tracking and like me laugh at Toms B.S stories.
So how about it Tom, why not let some of us trackers that are not affiliated with you come to your school and find Stalking Wolfs tracks on our own? Hell, make it easy for us and show us where to start! It will never happen, I know, You have a reputation built from lies that you need to protect. I am not impressed by you.
The Following User Says Thank You to rodale For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,510 Times in 992 Posts

Maybe it's good I have no idea what you're posting about
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SunwolfNC For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 AM
This is a great survival forum

i learned all my bushcraft skills in my youth from a magical man named Gandalf.

HE IS REAL!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:37 AM

I read his book Tracker. It is BS from start to finish. The coincidence of him and his friend, having left each other after a tiff, each found a skull and ran to find the other and just happened to meet. Wonderful coincidence! And that part about the fight with poachers and punching thru a block wall without hurting his hand. He beat them up even tho seriously outnumbered, and one had a shot gun that at least could be used as a club. He never even got a scratch. Sticking a lit cloth in a gas tank will not do anything except burn out (attempted felony arson). I have seen this done to stolen vehicles without more than a little scorched paint. Even the name Stalking Wolf does not fit the name pattern of Athabascans. I loved that story about the dogs in the quarry - pure BS.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghilleman View Post

HE IS REAL!
Don't lie..His name was Grylls. J/k
Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Hiker

Thanked 1,093 Times in 406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugor View Post
I read his book Tracker. It is BS from start to finish. The coincidence of him and his friend, having left each other after a tiff, each found a skull and ran to find the other and just happened to meet. Wonderful coincidence! And that part about the fight with poachers and punching thru a block wall without hurting his hand. He beat them up even tho seriously outnumbered, and one had a shot gun that at least could be used as a club. He never even got a scratch. Sticking a lit cloth in a gas tank will not do anything except burn out (attempted felony arson). I have seen this done to stolen vehicles without more than a little scorched paint. Even the name Stalking Wolf does not fit the name pattern of Athabascans. I loved that story about the dogs in the quarry - pure BS.
the only person that could do these things is Chuck Norris, and since you are not talking about him then this must be BS as you stated.
The Following User Says Thank You to RickVA For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 10:55 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,625 Posts

Quote:

HE IS REAL!
Gandalf was my teacher too.
He told me I Shall Pass.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Hunter

I must disagree with you most vehemently! Tom Brown's 2 part survival library is leveling my couch. No other book in my library was just the right thickness. I think it was fate that made me purchase that book.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 62bravo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62bravo View Post
I must disagree with you most vehemently! Tom Brown's 2 part survival library is leveling my couch. No other book in my library was just the right thickness. I think it was fate that made me purchase that book.
At least his writings are good for something.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Hiker

It's a shame TB couldn't escape the commercial, must make lots of money grind...

"And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine." Revelation 6:5-6.

Even a shallow, cursory look at the importance of finance, banking, stock market, commerce and the overwhelming shadow cast by the entertainment industry (I call this current generation the "Entertain Me, NOW!" generation) will reveal the black horse and rider in all his glory...

After all, what do we call the Friday after Thanksgiving?

My greatest respect is reserved (I once greatly respected TB, having read everything of his in the old MOTHER EARTH NEWS magazine) for those who place principle, substance, integrity, truth and honesty above money...way above money.

I'd much rather be a skinny, hungry but honest man of integrity...than be dining sumptiously every day off of earnings that engender vanity, pride and total and utter self-interest.

Also note, the use of the term 'oil' in the bible passage quoted above. Of course, in the day this was written, it was olive oil that held such currency. Just interesting that today, 'oil' of a different kind is now king.
The Following User Says Thank You to shotgunbill For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2012, 07:17 PM
I love this forum

I know nothing of the SW story.In the desert clay tracks can stay for years. What good it will do you cannot be much.

TB jr s book is OK. I have flipped pages at the book store for years now. Nothing revolutionary or brilliant. Just seemed to be solid old logic written down. Can one own up to inventing those techniques ? I hope TB does not try.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,376 Times in 814 Posts

Didn't T Brown used to write articles for Mother Earth or one of them other mags?Seems like I seen an article by him on survival bows yrs ago.And somethin about the Jersey devil or some such...
Old 05-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,866 Times in 2,821 Posts

Why do you require him to be real?

Tom Brown has done a heck of a lot of good for gthe survivalist image.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:

HE IS REAL!
Gandalf taught me as well!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Recent Blog:
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 6,648 Times in 2,624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR69 View Post
Gandalf was my teacher too.
He told me I Shall Pass.
Gandalf was my teacher too. I just don't understand why he kept wanting me to pick up the soap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragunov For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2012, 11:28 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
Gandalf was my teacher too. I just don't understand why he kept wanting me to pick up the soap.
Maybe because he wants to "pass"?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Backpacker I Adventurer

Thanked 1,297 Times in 468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
That wasn't Gandalf. That was Dumbledor.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:15 PM
This is a great survival forum

gandalf saw promise in my spirit tracking skills and allowed me to pass.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:09 PM
I love this forum

Well, I used an old Jedi trick on him.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,444 Times in 3,452 Posts

rodale, I do not know much about Tom Brown other than he puts out a weird looking knife that I would never consider carrying. Since my knowledge of him and his creds are limited, I will reserve judgement regarding his character. I do know that it is not an actual wolf he speaks of. Stalking Wolf was supposedly an Apache Holyman/Tracker that he says trained him long ago, and was said to be the Grandfather of Brown's best friend. Don't know if he was real or not. I have never heard of him offering any proof of either his training or this man's existence, but since I will never pay for his services or equipment it does not really matter to me either way.
The Following User Says Thank You to SCALPHUNTER For This Useful Post: