Creepy stories from the outdoors. - Page 111 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy stories from the indoors scosmo451 General Discussion 369 06-23-2016 08:55 AM
Creepy stories not from the outdoors itslikethatross Urban Survival 89 05-13-2016 03:52 AM
Funny Stories From The Outdoors AK_guy Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 30 04-18-2016 09:02 AM
Creepy/Scary Campfire Stories JJohnsonMtMan Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 04-01-2015 02:50 PM
Creepy Red*Lion General Discussion 0 01-23-2014 08:27 PM
Can Anybody Say, Creepy?.......... MountainRecluse Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 09-08-2010 07:12 PM
WOW, this is CREEPY Dirt Fisher General Discussion 1 11-02-2009 11:54 PM

Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 AM

Advertise Here

That clown story is creepy. Could have been "It" or worse some kind of John Wayne Gacy freak serial killer.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
I had a weird one the other day. We were driving out in the middle of nowhere admiring the mountains. It was a gorgeous sunny day, late winter. One of the mountains had this big circular shadow on it. Then it occurred to me...there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. Not one. Nothing that could cast the shadow. That was really odd and sort of creepy, because whatever was casting that shadow was not visible to the naked eye. Examining the mountain there was no way it was an optical illusion and no way the mountain itself was casting the shadow. The placement of the sun in the sky in relationship to the mountain meant something had to be in between...but there was nothing there.
I experienced something similar to this, except it happened while deep sea fishing on the Gulf of Mexico on a friends boat in 2006.

There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the water was about as calm as it can get out there.
The three of us had been fishing for a few hours when we noticed a circular shadow a couple of hundred feet in diameter in front of the boat. We looked for the cause, but there was nothing in the sky above us that we could see.

Thinking that it might be bait fish but curious enough to check it out anyway, my friend piloted the boat into the shadow and we were immediately enveloped in shade, sort of. The sun was still there and none of us could look directly at it, but it's brightness and heat was diminished considerably.
There was no odd or eerie feeling while in that shadow. The boats instruments were functioning properly. Just a"WTH?" feeling.

There are several military bases along the Panhandle coast of Florida, but I can't imagine how they would be able to pull off a trick like that.

The shadow (or spot) was still there when we left, and now you know as much about it as I do.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to swamp_shadow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
Yet another reason to ban clowns. Nothing (besides maybe spiders) give me the creeps like clowns.

Thanks for sharing.
Stephen King's movie "It" immediately came to mind.

Clowns don't scare me, but running up on one in the wild, woody yonder might change my thinking.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Good stories.

#1- what about the possibility you were hearing half of a rescue? The very first thing I thought when you said you could hear people yelling was that someone was injured, lost etc. and other people were looking for them. When I read that they said something to the effect of "We're coming for you!" that sounds more like you were hearing the rescue party assuring the person who was lost/injured/stranded etc. The other person may have been too far away for you to hear.

#2- Sorry but I lean on alien abduction. Call me a tinfoil wearing hat person if you will, but that seems classic. I had an experience somewhat like that where my then-boyfriend and I went to sleep and when we woke up we were on opposite sides (we would have had to crawl over one another to achieve this) and our torsos were bruised and sore. No memory of what happened, and I'm a light sleeper and we had not been drinking or doing drugs. Your incident, with the way you weren't tired but lose a massive block of time sounds very much like an abduction to me.

#3- Could it have been a strobe? I carry a marine strobe with me in my kit as part of my survival gear for signaling. I would use it to let someone know my location. Maybe someone was in trouble up there?
Agreed, very good stories.

#1- Very plausible explanation.

#2- Far out! The only time I ever "lost time" was when I nearly died from an infection in the lymph glands in my neck, which cut off the oxygen supply to my brain from the swelling. I lost 3 days and ain't been right since .
I say that to say this: Were they getting a good supply of air in the collapsed tent? But then again, would they have been able to wake up?

#3- Again very plausible. A hunting buddy of mine started setting up a strobe in his camp after he was shot in the leg by a bunch of drunk yahoos at a neighboring camp one night. That night they were just shooting off into the woods and claimed they didn't know he was there.
(I might add that he has had some curious folks check out the source of the light, but that's better than being shot)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swamp_shadow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2012, 10:57 PM
ominous loomer

I have read this whole thread and creeped myself out so many times... lol

I have had two experiences in my life that where truly unexplainable.

The first one I was about 16 and my friend was 17. We hung out all the time and new about every gravel road within 100 miles of my home town close to Fargo,ND but on the Minnesota side.

One day he came to pick me up about 3:00pm in the afternoon and we went cruising and fishing some different spots we new on the Buffalo river. After catching some garbage fish we decided just to go drive around and see what we could see. Ended up taking a two track road that came to a T and we seen a older farm stead that looked like no one was living their presently. We drove up the drive way and just sat in the car and no one came out to greet us so we decided we would take a look around.

A shelter belt was to the south and east of the home and the home itself had vines growing all over it. Once we got out of the car and started walking toward the home with in about 50ft of the front door all hell broke loose. It sounded like a huge flock of birds where getting up out of the trees but could see nothing. All of the sudden a elm tree about 60ft tall on the outside edge of the shelter belt almost bent over in half with the majority of the branches of the top tree laying flat on the ground for a second or two and the tree sprung back up!

By that time we where both running so fast back to the car i started looking over my shoulder to see what was behind me and also did my friend and the only way I can explain it was looking into a giant ball of fumes orange in color and it was moving the opposite way from us through the shelter belt and it sound like full sized limbs snapping off trees in the direction it was going.

We made it back to the car, locked the doors, and we were both so out of breath that we didn't say a word to each other for the next 30 seconds. Got the car started and took off and all we could come up with to say was "what the he!! was that?"

I told so many random people about the incident and they all looked at me like I was crazy. UNTIL about a year ago when I moved back around the area I was with one of my dads friends fishing and we were on the way home and I pointed in the general direction and told him the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life was about 3 miles that way. He got a half cocked smile on his face and asked what I seen. I told him and he laughed. BUT his response wasn't what I expected. He told me he had brought so many people up around that farmstead and not one of them want to go back afterwords.

I guess the family that originally owned it the father died in a freak tractor accident. The tractor rolled over on him on basically no incline at all and the mother and son died within the next month. Ever since then the place had been known to be haunted...

I have never really been scared from anything in the outdoors because I could always make up a explanation for it. This I couldn't. I know it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me because it was in broad day light. I dint know of any animal that could bend a tree down to the ground like that. specially without me seeing it in the process.

I will tell my next story later this week. I can look like a freak all at one time lol.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:11 AM

Like many others, this thread has been a big influence on my decision to register with the site, keep up the stories!

Nothing too creepy personally, probably the creepiest story was one time while 4 wheel driving in the bush near the coast. Sorry in advance for the long story.

Some friends and I were exploring a track we had never been down before that took some serious 4wd'ing to navigate, we struggled to get in there. My friend had some junk in the back of his car that was rattling around a bit too violently, so we pulled off the track at our first opportunity to try and secure it.

While we were doing that, we noticed something blue just visible high up in the trees further down the track, so once we were done we continued on, curious to see what it was. As we got closer, we could see it was a blue tarp tied up in the trees to provide some shelter. We came out into a sort of thinning out of the trees, not really a clearing, and found a couple of old caravan-style homes, with old looking couches, mattresses, fire drums etc.

We couldn't see any people, but didn't want to find any lol. No one knew where we were, none of us had phone reception, and we were at least half an hour from the nearest road. We locked the doors and managed to get turned around and headed out. On the way out we noticed an empty cage made out of 2 or more shopping trolleys attached to each other. We figured after we were safely away it was probably just some homeless people living there, but we all kept an eye out for reports of missing persons or anything of the like! Always wondered how they got the caravans out there when we struggled with the 4WD
Old 05-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Knowledge is portable...

Thanked 1,315 Times in 549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Always wondered how they got the caravans out there when we struggled with the 4WD
Probably a road just on the other side of some brush or something... Wouldn't that figure.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 PM
This is a great survival forum

Location: Variable. Prison Island, European Sektor plus elsewhere...
Thanked 13,584 Times in 3,296 Posts

Wonder what the cage was for??!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:59 AM

Default Lhht pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongovb View Post
I was talking to my cousin about the story that if you are Hawaiian and have pork in your car while traveling on the Pali highway your car will shut off at a certain point until you throw out the pork. I said lets get some pork and try it. He said I was crazy and hell no!
Um... maybe the god(s) way of saying not to eat too much bacon??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
I practically live on Laurel. We've had a number of strange occurrences happen in the forest around here. Several on the LHHT... Several at the shelter sites.

Just wanted to hop on and say hi. Nice to read about something local.
Cool. One of my favorite parts of the country. And the terrain, especially the climb up from Ohiopyle, reminds me a lot of the Appalachian Trail. The kayaking/rafting is nice too. I also did some hiking at Raccoon Creek and McConnell's Mill, where I tore the meniscus in my left knee and had to have surgery.

The other part I could add, if I were to stretch it further, was this, which I can now add after a few beers Just before trying to start the fire, I had a nice conversation with an attractive woman who hiked up to the same area with her sons. No adult male to be found

She actually reminded me of a younger Christie Brinkley, and invited me over to her shelter, after I was "done" with whatever I was doing. In retrospect, I think the branch falling may have been a sign to pay attention to "windfalls", but I never took advantage of it and regret it to this day. A very beautiful, and OUTDOORSY!! woman around my age. I guess I just don't recognize signs even when they almost fall on my head! Though I try better now... Pseudo-religiously, in an Hellenistic Pagan way, I could say that since I was on a journey, physically and spiritually, so the Intermediary (Hermes) was with me and giving a sign, in a really obvious way, but I wasn't paying attention.

Anyway, I would probably be living in Western PA if I though my sister and her BF (boyfriend, not bigfoot LOL) would suffer me until I found a job in the Pitt....

Oh!!! One more frightening story--I was at Ohiopyle another time. I was camping but walked down to the town to drink. I can't remember the name of the bar but it's under the restaurant. Then, when I walked back over the bridge (on the biking path) to the campground, right where it forks with the bike trail, I was scared ****less when a light suddenly shines on my face and some guy says "WHAT'RE YOU DOING!??" Apparently a ranger was just standing there in the dark trying to catch campground thieves or something! After composing myself for a second, I said "Uh. I don't drink and drive so I was walking back to my campsite." He says, "Oh yeah, what site?" And I reply, "84. You can join me later if you like."

Peace,
Peter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigpreppa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Clowns don't scare me, but running up on one in the wild, woody yonder might change my thinking.
Yup. I can't imagine what somebody would be doing out there in the middle of a forest-fire fighting area dressed as a creepy clown. Maybe it would make sense to apprehend the clown to see if he didn't start the fire in the first place for a sick sense of humor?
The Following User Says Thank You to bigpreppa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2012, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusassoc View Post
Probably a road just on the other side of some brush or something... Wouldn't that figure.
haha yeah possible, but the land was kind of a headland sticking out into a lake, so we assumed any track leading out the other side of the camp would be much the same condition. From the looks of them they had been there a while, maybe they dragged them in when the track was in a better condition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Ryder View Post
Wonder what the cage was for??!
There's probably some harmless explanation, like for dogs or something, but we all had a lot of fun thinking up some more interesting theories driving through the bush on the way out!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:54 AM
ominous loomer

I forgot to mention in my last post the people that did believe me always wanted to go to the place. I have brought a couple people their and stopped at the end of the drive way and said "thats it is if you want to walk up there" for some reason people never want to get out of my car then .

Even if I'm not driving or fell a sleep and woke up I can always tell when I'm close to that place. I just know it and my friend that I was with feels the same way. Its like something wants us to come back but is warning us not to at the same time if that makes sense. I will never go down that driveway again. I dont think their is a big enough gun in the world to protect you from what ever the giant mass of energy was that we seen.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpreppa View Post
Cool. One of my favorite parts of the country. And the terrain, especially the climb up from Ohiopyle, reminds me a lot of the Appalachian Trail. The kayaking/rafting is nice too. I also did some hiking at Raccoon Creek and McConnell's Mill, where I tore the meniscus in my left knee and had to have surgery.

The other part I could add, if I were to stretch it further, was this, which I can now add after a few beers Just before trying to start the fire, I had a nice conversation with an attractive woman who hiked up to the same area with her sons. No adult male to be found

She actually reminded me of a younger Christie Brinkley, and invited me over to her shelter, after I was "done" with whatever I was doing. In retrospect, I think the branch falling may have been a sign to pay attention to "windfalls", but I never took advantage of it and regret it to this day. A very beautiful, and OUTDOORSY!! woman around my age. I guess I just don't recognize signs even when they almost fall on my head! Though I try better now... Pseudo-religiously, in an Hellenistic Pagan way, I could say that since I was on a journey, physically and spiritually, so the Intermediary (Hermes) was with me and giving a sign, in a really obvious way, but I wasn't paying attention.

Anyway, I would probably be living in Western PA if I though my sister and her BF (boyfriend, not bigfoot LOL) would suffer me until I found a job in the Pitt....
Yes, I love it here. I may have to move a few hours east soon for work and I'm dreading the possibility.

Those first few miles of the trail coming up from OP are pretty grueling. I love the hills in this area but hate them at the same time due to the fact that they cause for some uphill hiking.

How old were the sons? That absolutely is a shame you didn't take advantage of that situation. If the woman was as delightful as it sounds, Perhaps you would be living here now after all had you taken her up on the offer to visit her shelter. It's extremely rare to find outdoorsy and attractive women.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShutDown24 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Target Shooter

hi guys,

my 1st post re creepy things in the woods, ok here it goes (THIS IS A LONG ONE),most of my life i lived in the city, here in my country, but almost every week ends (since i was 6 yrs old now 41)

we go to this near by province were my father have friends and we will hunt small games (doves/ quail/ snipe/ moorhen/ wild ducks) using airguns then 22lr rifles (walther kkj/anschutz 1416/1422/ruger 1022 and others 22lr rifle)

this area doesn't have any kind of big wild game like boar and deer also there no wild creature vermin in the area like wolf or bobcat and such (we don't have them here),in this area livelyhood are mostly huge rice fields and poultry and piggery and other agricultural stuff, and its relatively flat area but there are lots of valleys criss crossing the terretory, ang almost all of the edge of their rice field, there are patch of woodland ranging from 50 sq/yards to 200 sq/yards, i think the farmers do this for them to have resting spot in the area when they have their breaks when working into the rice fields,

i can say that i know almost all of the valleys and small woodland area there since i was hunting there since i was young, since all things are normal and hunting was good, we decided to buy a patch of land in the area, so we can have a house to go to when we want to hunt or rest from the city noise.

then one day since we already have a house there, i decided to do some overnight camping into the nearby woods, its a cool 20 mins walk from our house, i decided to camp with 2 of my city friends visiting me and do our early hunting in the next day... i was force to become a guide for this 2 city boys,

i lend them both a 22 lr rifle with scope and silencer (bolt action wincherter 69 and winchester 75) also they both carry their city pistol with them and i just carry a 1022 modified and has a silencer also, i can say that we are well protected with the firearms we carry and being afraid are not in our minds during the night walk to the wooded area.

now this is the fun part, since i only have 2 tents, 1 unit for 2person and the other is my fav travelling tent (a kiddy tent 5 feet long and 4 feet wide) i like this tent cause this is the lightest that i can find at that time, (iam almost 6ft tall) but since i like tight space, i love to sleep in this small size tent.

they both will sleep in the normal tent and i got the kiddy one, then when they are setting up the tent, they place it 6 yards away from mine, cause they say that it might be hot when the tent are close, at 11pm, after the discussion and eating, we went to sleep, i normally sleep well but this time it seems i can't make my self go to sleep, so i just sat inside the tent and peep to the tent mesh windows to most of the area around us (moon are very bright that night) so i can see clearly into the fields, then at front of us roughtly 50 yards or 40 i saw something moving the un-harvested rice stalks,(2 to 2,5 feet high stems) then i said maybe a cat or stray dogs,

but they are moving fast and making a some noise that iam not familiar of i know its an animal but what, its like playing and running in circles and there are not just 1 but i think and the other guys also radioed me saying maybe 4 or 5 things out there.

then i saw my friends tent open their light inside, then i call them into our radio that to turn it off, after they turned it off, i wanted to crawl outside with my gun, but i felt a fear that i have not felt before in that area, is it a wild boar or a rabbid dogs, so i stayed inside and inform the guys at the other tent to be ready (cause we can still see from afar the movement of the stalk) i heared them chambered a round so i said to put all things into safety, we dont want an accidental fire to people walking the fields but its very very un-common for a farmer to walk into the night with out a flashlite or even alone, they normally slept at 9pm in the area, so even if we are all afraid we are calm and still thinking clearly,

then i said get your flashlight out and lets see who this thing is, they both have a surefire f-light and i got the recharge able pelican f-light, i wanted to confront the thing to see what it is but they said that it might be a rabbid or wild dogs that have been terrorizing the farm chickens in the area and the latest victim was a middle size pig, so we opted to scan the area inside our tent using our powerfull lights, iam ready for what it is but after we put our lights into the area, we can't see the subject animal, no dogs or cats or even a monster,we can see the fields and the flora clearly but where is the thing that making this disturbance, we cant honetly see the cause...

all we can see is that the the stalk are moving as close as 15 yards of us but no animals are pushing them or walking into them but the most strange thing is i felt something walk beside our tent and gone into the fields, then making a straight line disturbance into the stalks away from us, its like slicing the rice stalk with just air, we cant see anything making the movements, i even looked at the trees if the branch are moving or the leaf are swaying, cause it might be wind, but it is calm,

since i have gone to jungles and woodlands and other wild place here in our country and heard lots of strange thing, i normally carry a ammo that have been sprayed with holy water, in this case since i carry a 1022 i got a 25 rounds of 22 cal hollow point ammo, the hollow part i placed some holy water inside and sealed it with an plumbers epoxy, i know its crazy and maybe stupid but its a feel good thing to have this around here in special events, its in a buttler creek hot lips 25 round mag,

i think this is the special event for this ammo so gently put this mag into my rifle and cock it slowly, set the scope into 3x for less parallax, then i said to the guys to shoot all things they see or feel that must be shot(remember we all have suppresor) so i know that i wont disturb the locals on the middle of the night shooting- i just said that if its a human we will shout and not shoot, but 1 of my friend gave a verbal warning that they should stop and if they are kids playing around and just show them selves or contact us by shouting or yelling, he does this warning for minutes and the thing just kept on moving, we even tried to use our signal whitle to communicate

but when one of the wave are starting to go straight to our tents, my friends shoots, and they surely shoot fast, but i cant see anything only wave of stalks, then after they unload roughly 50 shots in various areas in front of us (cause i gave each of them 5 mags x 5 rounds per mag)

when they started to re-load the mags they have , i started to unload, i saw a stalks that being brushed and i aim at the front of the wave, then after 1 shot, all things stoped, all are calm again, after my 1 shot, of course we are afraid but the adrenaline rush is pushing us to go and get them, but it stop, i radio them and said that what happened, they said that they feel it left or just stop, they said that we should wait a while and study the situation (they are also semi-hunters so they know the drill) then after 15 mins, we came out of our tent but we can't make our selves go to the area where we shot, we just stare to it as if jaws are doing its circle in our island (tent area) but its gone, it stopped,

then 1 of my buddy ask me what did i shot it with, then i told them my holy waterred filled hollow ammo i made, then they say that what ever it was my 1 shot did make it stop, then during the rest of the night we watch and talked about the insident, we didn't sleep even if we know its over, then they ask me for some of the ammo i have made, hahaha, gave them 5 each or a mag full, during the rest of the night it didn't show up again,

then at 6am, with the sun started to rise, we felt that we wont hunt anymore and just rest in our tent, we wanted to go to other spots but we thought off that "what if they where there", cause they already left our area, so we stayed and slept in the same area till 1pm, then went back to our house thinking lots of things,

did they stop because of my ammo or they have gone tired or they move away due to their schedule, but what ever it was, we know that its not an animal or a human being,

during our arrival at the house my father is preparing for his late afternoon hunt, then he said where are your tent? then we realize that after we woke up, we pack our back things and just walk, we forgot to pack my 2 tents, so my father say its just near and we 4 should go and get the tent before some farmers get it,

then my friends started to tell the story to him and our neighbor and after the story telling, there were 20 or more of us heading to our camp site, to investigate even our police neighbor joind in, so i said this would be fun, then after we arrived into the site, the fast walking farmers are already at the x-file site and looking at the rice stalk that have been bent, and our tent was already being packed by some, then another story telling on where when and why, the farmers said that the crops was bent all the way for hundreds of yards and some of the tracks have stop inside the fields and no exit tracks was found,

they are all concernd because it might happend again to their crops and they wanted to know what it is, and looking at their faces they are all at owe to what have happened, our local policeman said that if he was there he will fire in all direction using his m16,

but my friends noticed that my father is just smiling while all this investigation are going on, then i ask him why he's smilling, he said look at that tree with a rusted bucket, this is where his strange experience while targeting happened, its just 30 yards away from our site, and that story is for my next post,

thanks
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nolideleon2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2012, 06:12 PM
North-American American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpreppa View Post
I'm only on page 48 right now. Yes, I'm reading straight through since I love this thread!

Anyway, I just read a post about Bigfoot showing up at someone's campsite near Laurel Summit (PA). I thought I'd post this now before I forget. Anyway, my sister lives in Pittsburgh so I'm familiar with some of the parks in the area. In the summer of 2010 I decided to thru-hike the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail. No, I did not see Bigfoot, and there were plenty of hikers, but I did get that creepy feeling while hiking through some State Game Lands.

But the funny thing that happened, was at one of the shelter sites. It had rained that day, so I had problems finding dry fire-starting material. The fire would go out without catching. After my second try failed, I said to myself, "fine, I'll try one more time, and if it doesn't work i'll go fireless and just cook dinner."

As soon as it went out, I stood up from crouching near the fire pit and became angry at failing three times. Suddenly, I heard this crash near the tree just to my right, and a very large--bone-dry--branch landed right near me!

It's enough to make someone believe in synchronicity... maybe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
I practically live on Laurel. We've had a number of strange occurrences happen in the forest around here. Several on the LHHT... Several at the shelter sites.

Just wanted to hop on and say hi. Nice to read about something local.
I live in the next county over (Washington) and have spent a lot of time up there, lot of the woods between Hopwood and Flatrock to Cucumber Falls and Ohio Pyle. And all that area going back into Lauren Caverns. Beautiful area!

Nothing ever creepy or weird has happened to me anywhere up there, but thank you for bringing up good memories!

(I've always had a .45 ACP with me whenever we're outdoors (retired police) so I usually feel pretty secure. Plus, the good Lord has looked out for us many times, I'm certain!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmapool For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2012, 08:57 PM
in the woods

Thanked 1,628 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolideleon2010 View Post
hi guys,

..... relatively flat area but there are lots of valleys criss crossing the terretory, ang almost all of the edge of their rice field, there are patch of woodland ranging from 50 sq/yards to 200 sq/yards ......

..... both a 22 lr rifle with scope and silencer ............. both carry their city pistol with them ....... 1022 modified and has a silencer

...... my father is just smiling ....... that story is for my next post,

thanks
Appreciate the story nolideleon2010!

Which country is this? Curious as to the gun laws especially, I like the silenced .22's. Also, what are the street guns, (caliber, pistol, revolver, make, etc)?

Please post up on your father's experience too.
The Following User Says Thank You to dude For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2012, 11:21 PM

I was camping in a Maryland state forest with two friends. We read reports of bear sightings in the newspaper as we were driving to the state forest. Our plan was to hike into the forest and make our own campsite. We joked about seeing bears. “You don’t have to outrun the bear; you just have to outrun Ed,” that sort of thing.

Many of the forest’s trees were dying from a disease which caused them to fall over. We heard and saw trees falling periodically. We were worried that when it came time to camp, we would find out tent flattened. So when we stopped to make camp, we scouted the area pretty well, and punched all the trees that were within fall radius of our camp. You could literally punch the trees out by striking them with your open hand. If they could withstand that, we figured they’d be OK for the night.

Anyways, in reconnoitering the area, we found a bear scat on a hill near our camp. We started making noises, to warn/scare away any bears. We looked around and found more bear crap. Frankly, the jokes/bear discussions all had us worried that we were going to be the subject of a bear attack. Seeing one bear crap, then two, made us think we were being followed. Our senses all became totally alert.

Eventually, we found more and more bear crap, as we continued up the hill. But we were sort of committed to the area. It was getting too late to move on in the dark, so we figured we had better find the bears if they were around. Finally, we saw a flat crest up at the top of this hill. We struggled up there to resume our search for bears.

The top of the hill, was a perfect mesa, totally incongruous with the other hilly, wooded terrain it bordered. And there, in the green, grassy, flat mesa, we saw the herd of … cows, which had wandered down the hill to make “bear droppings.” Apparently, the state park had private in-holders who kept cattle on the property.

We all had a good laugh, and were glad that the only worry on the trip was getting hit by a falling tree, which woke us up several times in that night.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbrasher1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude View Post
Appreciate the story nolideleon2010!

Which country is this? Curious as to the gun laws especially, I like the silenced .22's. Also, what are the street guns, (caliber, pistol, revolver, make, etc)?

Please post up on your father's experience too.
philippines, we can even own here a full auto m4 and there are no barrel length requirements, like our 1022's can have any barrel length we like, but my fav is a 13" barrel with suppressor

as for the suppressor ordinary machinist can be ask to fabricate your desired suppressor design...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nolideleon2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2012, 01:11 AM
Target Shooter

cont. 2nd part.

this one came from my father, he was zeroing his anchutz model 1700 with a new burris compact scope, but for some reasons, he can't dial in the scope properly before he goes to the field, he then sat in a nice place over looking the rice fields with some areas that the dove will come to drink, (watering hole) he said that since he is not happy with the performance of his rig, he decided to shoot some more in the area (he also use a suppressor)

he chose some small rocks near a place in the watering hole to be his target and he hit it often so he is now confident that the gun and scope are dialled in, but out of the 30 plus doves that landed in his area (from 30 to 80 yards) he only manage to hit 18, since he's a good shot he was again curious in the performance of his ammo on which is an ELLEY subsonic, he before uses a lapua and cci green tag but since change to this other brand.

he pick up a rusted bucket left by the farmers and place it in a tree, he chose the one that can act as a back stop, then went to do his zeroing, its roughly 50 to 55 yards from his position so this is an ideal distance for a 22lr, also during this trip, he has place a newly installed (given by anschutz) firing pin, cause he lost his during a field cleaning incident, so he needs to pick up most of the brass case so he can examine the firing pin indention to the brass, for consistency purposes,

so he fired 10 shot and was happy on where it went, then proceed to clean his gun cause he is going back to the house , then when he was about to pick up the brass, he can't find any of the 10 brass,

he said the the grass is low and the dirt was dry so its not easy to loose those brass in the area, but he can't find any of it, then after a min of looking, so he proceed at the target (bucket) to have close up view of the groups, then after looking at the holes made, he wanted to throw the bucket into the bamboo area (where there are lots of torns for it to rust)

but when he picked up the bucket, he heard some rattling inside, so he looked and what he sees have made him drop the bucket and walk fast towards our house, he saw that THERE ARE 22LR BRASS INSIDE THE BUCKET AND HE SAW ALL 10 OF THEM AND THE CRAZIEST THING IS THAT ALL HAVE E MARKING IN THE BOTTOM, and almost half of it was inserted to the exit hole at the other side.....

that's the reason why he just smiled on our unusual experienced and the site is very near each other,so he suspected that the culprit is the same

what had happend to me and my friends and even my father is quite crazy, but still up to now, we can't figure out what had transpired...... in this part of the world, we can shamefully say that there are more strange things happening with the spirit world...........

tnx
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nolideleon2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2012, 05:30 AM

When I was younger I was hiking on a trail in the national forest where I live. It was around dusk and i was heading back to the car. I came to an area that was really thick and you couldn't see much around you passed the trees. Well, I used to carry this small round tin as a first aid kit, the one pellets come in. Took it out of my pocket and was trying to get something else out. It slipped out of my hand, hit the ground, bounced off a rock, over an edge, rolled down an embankment and stopped next to a large bush at the edge of the treeline. So I cursed, climbed down, and went over to pick it up. Just as I grabbed it some thing let out a deep growl at me from I'd say not more than 3yds away near the bush. My hair stood up straight. I scrambled up the hill and hightailed it out of there. I kept looking behind me expecting something to be chasing me.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Litematter For This Useful Post: