Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 AM

Default Anyone have this pack?

Advertise Here

USMC DIGITAL MARPAT ILBE ARCYTERYX MAIN PACK GEN 2

been looking at these packs just looking to see if anyone here has one?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Hunter

I looked around, I've come across a couple by propper. IDK if there is a difference in quality. Ones that I've seen are usually asking too much for a used item or are just beat to heck and would need replacement of the the straps and waist belt. Many do not come with lids also.

If you do manage to get one, they are fine pieces of equipment.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:14 AM
wanderer

Great pack but for the price is not worth it. In my experience they rip fairly easily. Not water reppelent what so ever. They are very comfortable great padding but it also absorbs sweat fast so you need to clean it regularly. Again for the price you can find a better pack.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:42 AM

Be careful if you buy...some sellers don"t differentiate between the MAIN pack or the ASSAULT pack!! These are "supposed" to have been made by Arc'Teryx, a very fine company. However, I would imagine that ebay is being flooded with Chinese imitations. Considering that these are USMC issue, I can't understand their overevaluation by sellers, many who are selling stripped models and then charging extra for the straps and belt.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Sic semper tyrannis.

Thanked 13,871 Times in 4,340 Posts

Have a look at Eberlestock packs if you haven't already. Fantastic quality and lifetime warranty. The Half Track model might be suitable.

http://www.eberlestock.com/Tactical%20Master.htm
Old 05-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Trapper

I tried one for 2 3day hikes, ($250) also tried the CFP90, like it better, sold ILBE ($200) & bought CFP90 for $75. So far i have no complaints about the CFP pack, other than i see the prices have doubled.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapefromNY View Post
Have a look at Eberlestock packs if you haven't already. Fantastic quality and lifetime warranty. The Half Track model might be suitable.

http://www.eberlestock.com/Tactical%20Master.htm
yeah have looked at them. Is it worth the cash? I really don't like getting pack over the net due to not being able to try it out. And don't want to be tracked of what i buy. Would rather go and pay cash if you know what i mean. but i am looking at the v90 if i where to get one.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:02 AM

I do like the half track or the fac track. But also what a big pack if i do have to go mobile.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Sic semper tyrannis.

Thanked 13,871 Times in 4,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamthos View Post
yeah have looked at them. Is it worth the cash? I really don't like getting pack over the net due to not being able to try it out. And don't want to be tracked of what i buy. Would rather go and pay cash if you know what i mean. but i am looking at the v90 if i where to get one.
Give Eberlestock a direct call, they have been very helpful when I've called them. If you are a non averaged shape person, give them your measurements and they may be able to help you decide if you need a smaller or larger waist belt. Also I'm pretty sure you can pay them via a USPS money order. Which of course you can purchase from the post office with cash. Then if necessary, have it shipped to an alternate address such as a rented private mailbox. A PMB costs about 15 bucks a month. Use it for other online purchases, most vendors will happily accept payment via USPS money order and ship to a PMB. Just don't ever have any official mail ever sent to the PMB such as bank docs, DMV, medical, etc. Depending on where you live and what PMB vendors are available, it may be possible to open the box using an alias that you can also ship your packages under that name. A casual little green envelope still has clout in many places in my experience.

As far as trying it on first, that's something you'd have to either find another user near you with the V90 pack to try on your body. Alternatively you can simply purchase it, if you don't like it you send it back and eat a little on the shipping cost.

Additionally Santana Outdoors in AZ is an Eberlestock dealer, they have great customer service in my handful of experiences, and I believe they ship most items of more significant cost for free. For first time customers they may even give you a small 5-10% discount, just kindly ask. Plus they often have free bonuses with Eberlestock packs such as a weapons carrier or hydration bladder. I'm pretty sure they'd take your order over the phone and wait until a USPS MO arrives to ship your items.

http://www.santanaoutdoors.com/

The Eberlestock V90 seems like a well R&D'd pack. I haven't tried one on myself, but I have many of their products and they are very well made and fit nicely. There are many other users on this board whom are very happy with their purchases of other packs from the line, perhaps they'll chime in.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 AM

hey, first post. saw this thread and i just ordered a gen 2 ilbe from wardens supply company. got the complete main pack (with a lid they made to match) and the radio pouch (purchased as an addition) for $178. love it. it's comfortable, but a bit of a bitch to get totally adjusted to my frame. got tons of storage space and molle webbing to add external water bottles/pouches/etc. its on the heavy side of packs at about 8 pounds but is durable as hell. anyone says they can tear this without the use of a knife either is FOS or got some cheap knockoff.

and warden's was great to deal with. the pack was in outstanding condition.... a couple of minor stains (it was already washed per arcteryx instructions), no tears/broken buckles/etc. the lid they manufactured was good enough for me.... matched to pack, even had a zippered compartment inside and molle webbing outside.

i plan to take it out next month for a camping trip and use it for a BOB as it holds all my gear comfortably.
The Following User Says Thank You to nathandmedic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 PM

Smile

now for that price i can resell it if i don't like....
Old 06-07-2012, 12:13 AM
CTP

Thanked 1,080 Times in 579 Posts

I have the ILBE and it seems great. Seems, because it sits in my truck as a GHB and haven't hiked with it. I know, give me hell for that, it's deserved. Anyways I paid about $210 for it several years ago and it had everything except for the assault pack and everything was in great condition. Lots o space for my overweight gear. I do however need tomadjust the pack for my body dimensions which hear is not as easy as other packs. I would highly recommend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Blzn For This Useful Post: