Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Urban Survival
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here

Old 05-02-2012, 10:48 PM

Advertise Here

take the tires out first, then attach it with fire from under the frame area. and plus it cant be to fast to get away in.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:56 AM

Yeah I definitely feel like that's not as threatening as it seems. Disable the vehicle, some spikes, well placed shots etc. Then clear the area around the newly disabled death machine and wait them out.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Prepared

.50bmg SLAP and/or Raufoss rounds. They don't have armor everywhere...
Old 05-04-2012, 04:36 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,238 Times in 1,872 Posts

Trench...anti crash barriers...fire...spike strips....CS gas (don't look environ sealed to me)...go ewok on em with tree trunk on ropes...telephone pole across the road...use choke points...undermine shoulder on roads with lots of turns...park a front end loader or dump truck in front of it and another behind before it backs up...drop a net on it soaked in diesel then light it...car bomb on side of road...sand trap...water trap...old fashioned ballista (ever seen what a crossbow can do to "armored" glass?)...flatbed loaded with cinder blocks in its path...dig a huge pit and put a bunch of burning tires in front of the pit as a "barricade" (to conceal the pit and appear to be the thing to worry about)...used oil mixed with thickener put in bottles to cover the windows molotov cocktail style with wiper proof mess...boxes full of fine metal fillings soaked in gasoline thrown near the air intake...any sort of flame thrower at the rad cover....fire hoses to keep shooters busy while others get close with IEDs or such(better yet...tack weld the doors and hatches shut...drop a series of cans on the top (say from above) that have magnets to make them stick while the cans contain home made thermite charges... water guns full of a DMSO and LSD cocktail for use at open gun ports...get em into a tight space and bear spray all the gun ports...rock falls...collapsed bridges....collapsed buildings...paint sprayers full of two week old cat and horse **** mixed with capsicum oil... mattresses soaked in gas dropped from above then ignited...full on display of fireworks connected to a frame (say a bunch of pallets or such) set off to cause distraction while tank killer tactics are used...RC vehicles and aircraft carrying sticks of dynamite underneath and into ports/windows...magnetic tool clamp with a Tek 9 or such attached to it and a tension cord on trigger so you run up near the open side port clamp it with gun pointed in and run away as it unloads into interior (a couple on each side would be awesome)....

That's just of the top of my head.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:49 AM

Not read all the replies but rubber tyres and naff-all ground clearence mean something to puncture the tyres and a small hole in the ground/ditch should do the trick.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:07 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,528 Times in 3,498 Posts

simple, box it in with larger truck trailors. and stop on the highway.
Weld the doors shut and steel plate over the windows ,remove the tires and push to the side of the road. Take a D6 and dig a hole and push the junk in the hole and cover it up and your done.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Trapper

An 30-06 with AP will go thru it I know my dad had some when we had the gun shop. we set up a railroad rail at 60 ft I shot 6 rd and every one went thru it. A railroad rail is 1 3/8" thick in the center. Put a nice hole about the size of a nickel thru it . I shot one thru a old junk chevy pickup truck standing in front of it nelt down shot thru the engine trans and and thru the rear end houseing about 2" from the punckin from there I dont know were it went. I set up 4 old junk 350 chevy heads standing up agence each other and shot thru all of them but they are cast iron they shattered more than put a clean hole thru them.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Watching, Waiting....

Thanked 2,495 Times in 829 Posts

Thermite

It will take about 3-5 sec to melt through the armour and will super heat the interior melting the occupants or causeing the moisture in their flesh to boil so rapidly their bodies will burst within seconds.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Vampire Slayer

Thanked 7,788 Times in 3,150 Posts

Legalize marijuana and call it a day?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:26 PM

Tires, as mentioned. Wonder if the oil pan is armored? Transmission? Would the fish-heads even consider security underneath?
Old 05-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Hunter

The one in the video was a dump truck, no doubt. They get stuck easily enough, some mud would stick it. I was a SAPPER for 12 years, so I know what I would do to stop it, lol. In a SHTF environment I would use high explosives. About the steel, I saw a bunch of people saying a 50 bmg would shoot right through 1 inch plate, well that depends. I'm willing to bet with the cartels cash they didn't buy mild steel plate. If that 1 inch steel was hardened plate that 50 BMG will not shoot right through it. Even if it was not hardened you need to be decently close to punch through 1 inch plate, even with a 50. I know how to stop a 50 bmg round with the right configuration, but these guys didn't use it. The napalm is a good idea too since it's so easy to make, even a caveman can do it. I wouldn't waste good booze when napalm would be better anyway. Heat that thing up, they will come out eventually. From the high ground take out their air conditioner, stick it and waite.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,477 Times in 1,287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
Mexican drug cartel's armored semi.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...rco_tanks.html

It has inch thick steel that is purported to stop a .50 cal.
How do you disable or destroy this once it comes crashing over the border and into your town?

Dig a hole?
IED?
Something else?

Looks like a big POS. The grill is barely protected, due to the need for cooling the engine. Any .50 bmg or .338 lapua with an ap type round would send that oil burning engine block to an early grave, right through that half-assed weld job of plate slats. Then, when the operators scramble out, ( if they remember how to get out of the fugly POS), just look at em, wave, have a laugh at their running asses, and empty the rest of your clip into their backs.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Trapper

A couple of AP 30-06 rounds theu the grill should do the trick or just about any Ap round from what the grill looked like dout if it was over 3/8 thick from the looks of it
Old 05-05-2012, 02:28 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 1,730 Times in 889 Posts

I think the strategy for any armored vehicle is trap them, blind them and cook them.

Cooking them in the can will preserve their natural juices.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:31 PM

the tires don't look .50 cal proof. infact they don't look .308 proof either. Once you disable the way in is able to move, you are left with a giant coffin. Many people that are over perinoid and go to this kind of measure forget things. 1 round from a 9mm can draw hundreds of rounds of ammo from this sort of vehical. find cover and use this to your advantage. I ave a .30-06 that will do a number on those tires and at the same time get them to unload ammo once they are stuck on the mud and unable to move they will get even more pariniod and start shooting at shadows. The will run out of ammo. Or you can do a mentioned before. If you know the story about that iron bull in ancient Grease, where they would put in live people and cook them in it and find pleasure of hearing them scream. Same theory. if they exit, they die. if they don't exit, they die. So in the end, cut off mobility and ring the dinner bell.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco d'Anconia View Post
The tires look unprotected so I would start by shooting them out from a distance. It should at least slow the thing down to a crawl. Then move in with the molotovs to finish it off.
I agree, those are its weakest links.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:32 PM

Wait, did I also see concrete inside to add to its wieght? Well hech, to add to my other statement use a garden hose to make a mud puddle, it'll sink
Old 05-05-2012, 09:40 PM

I can, and have shoot holes thru a 5/8" steel target with 180gr at 200 yrds with my 30-06. If I were to use Horday AP rounds with the same gun i would be able to get thru 1" easy at 100 or less yrds and going thru bullet "proof" glass just is not a problem.
Mexican cartels, how smart do they have to be to figure out bigger is not always better? They wpould probably not even have it packed with ammo, they would have 500-1000 rounds in there and the rest packed with weed. LMFAO
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
I can, and have shoot holes thru a 5/8" steel target with 180gr at 200 yrds with my 30-06. If I were to use Horday AP rounds with the same gun i would be able to get thru 1" easy at 100 or less yrds and going thru bullet "proof" glass just is not a problem.
Mexican cartels, how smart do they have to be to figure out bigger is not always better? They wpould probably not even have it packed with ammo, they would have 500-1000 rounds in there and the rest packed with weed. LMFAO
Not 1 inch thick hardened steel you won't, and I doubt even soft steel with 30-06. 5/8 is more like a half inch steel than it is an inch. 50 BMG has a capability of completely perforating 0.875" of face-hardened armor steel plate at 100 yards , and 0.75" at 547 yards. So if it is hardened steel plate, I'm sorry but the fact is even a 50 BMG won't do it at 100 yards.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by INCH PACKER View Post
I'm sorry but the fact is even a 50 BMG won't do it at 100 yards.
When all else fails, get a bigger gun!
Attached Thumbnails
lahti-4a.jpg