Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Health, Fitness and First Aid
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Hiker

Default green superfood powder

Advertise Here

Got a question for all the health nuts here on SB.
I was at Hi-health and they had raw superfood powder, it was made by Juvo.
Is there a good brand of superfood powder that you would recommend.
Thanks from the sandcrab
Old 05-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Average Joe

Thanked 1,790 Times in 927 Posts

I'd recommend not wasting your money on gimmicks like that. Eat food that is fresh, and only stuff you can recognize by sight. Do what mommy always said and eat your ****ing vegetables and drink your water.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TDFbound For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 07:59 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 2,189 Times in 899 Posts

I agree with the above. There is nothing that can compare to the power of live fresh food, especially a dehydrated powder. A lot of times there are additives in these gimmick foods.

Someone that works with my wife recently turned her on to Herbalife. What a crock. She brought home this bottle of Aloe concentrate and in the ingredients list were Potassium Sorbate (preservative) Sodium Benzoate (preservative) Sucralose, and Maltodextrin.

I pointed to the aloe plant on the window sill and asked her if any of those ingredients were in that. And you can get aloe juice without all that crap in it.

I wouldn't waste my money.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,137 Times in 2,139 Posts

Soylent Green is.... !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to grandma For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Average Joe

Thanked 1,790 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLACKJAW44 View Post
I agree with the above. There is nothing that can compare to the power of live fresh food, especially a dehydrated powder. A lot of times there are additives in these gimmick foods.

Someone that works with my wife recently turned her on to Herbalife. What a crock. She brought home this bottle of Aloe concentrate and in the ingredients list were Potassium Sorbate (preservative) Sodium Benzoate (preservative) Sucralose, and Maltodextrin.

I pointed to the aloe plant on the window sill and asked her if any of those ingredients were in that. And you can get aloe juice without all that crap in it.

I wouldn't waste my money.
I rescued my wife from HerbaLife when she started to get reeled in. Good call with the common sense test about ingredients in an aloe plant.

I took their protein meal replacement powder and compared it to some basic whey protein and, with the HerbaLife stuff, you paid twice as much for half the macro-nutrients. When the wally-world bargain bin product is better than yours, something ain't right.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TDFbound For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 06:00 PM
silenced

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,519 Posts

some of the super food powders are great and full of nutrition

to my knowledge juvo is a good co, raw organic and they have mushrooms where the others dont. they are in a broke down way to where its more readly absorbed by the body. other co's use probiotics and enzymes to further break down

you want to look for mainly raw and organic.

juvo
health force naturals
health warrior
amazing grasses (also makes meal replacement packages of super food powders)