Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Financial Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here

Old 05-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,624 Times in 2,335 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
I really am not a fan of her or her philosophy but herein lies the danger of hero-building. No one is perfect. Anytime you lift up a mere man to stand on a pedestal you set yourself up for disappointment.
agree 100% too bad people only look at a hero for what they want and not what they are as a whole. rand was a welfare queen just as many who claim to want to be left alone. for those who call for a state to ceed does so without realizing that without the union the state would not be able to survive alone. tx california florida all are huge economies but remove the umbrella and the state would wither and die im afraid. we see it everytime there is a natural disaster. all those that claim we need to limit the feds are first in like with a hand out asking for disaster assistance. look at tx and oklahoma mo all those other midwest states that got flooded last year or had fires and droughts.

the national highway system would be way worse then it is in now. and those states couldnt maintain thier boarders. the price paid by the states in the middle pays for those boarder states security. and no matter how much they want to deny it there is less illegals crossing the boarders today. not because of the state laws but because the feds have increased the boarder patrols tremendously.

so before someone deifies an individual they need to look at the whole. reagen was a big gov RINO/CINO. he was no friend of gun owners and was no friend of the tax payer. rand was also not a visonary and well she may have talekd the talk but she never did walk the walk.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwjedi View Post
Considering Reagan was dealing with a hostile congress much of or all of his 2 terms I think it's a bit disingenuous to blame the deficits completely on Reagan. He got his tax cuts and he got his defense spending other than that congress would never put in place any of his proposed budget cuts. And before you criticize his defense spending try to remember that he was basically rebuilding the US military from the neglect of the "hollow army" days of the 70's and there is that little annoyance of the USSR that we had to deal with.
Also consider that he was cleaning up the Carter mess, Poor obama talks about the horrible economy he inherited, boo freaking whooo, When Reagan took office he was dealing with Double digit Inflation, Double Digit Interest Rates (prime rate got up to 23.5%), and Double Digit unemployment. By this time in reagans first term the economy was growing at 7%.
lol. hollow army of the 70's could it have been the war in vietnam caused allot of people to not want to spend money on defense. during those times in carter we could save money and actually make money on the savings. and dont forget reagen didnt save us from much of anything money related. we were in the throws of a huge recession. he raised taxes in california to pay down the debt. he cut funding to schools and allot of other programs that caused long term issues that continue to today.

it took 4 years under bush to finally start to pull ourselves out of the recession and lucky we had the tech sector blow up that created huge wealth and brought a ton of great paying jobs. then the bubble burst and all of the off shoring started to happen towards the end of clintons run and the start of bush that continues to today.

on top of the tax increases by reagen we also got the mulford act which prevented the carrying of firearms. instead of looking at the big picture and wanting to limit gun control to a few black panthers he limited the rights of the whole. so yea he was a great guy.

and dont forget reagen gave amnesty to 5 million illegals and gave money/weapons to our enemy's that we are fighting today
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sooner_Will_Survive For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,742 Times in 1,855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestHobo View Post
If your wife is Pro choice, don't let her vote.
I guess you hate democracy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zatoichi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 04:18 AM
it is what it is

Thanked 3,630 Times in 1,520 Posts

ayn rand was a genius imo.im not the best with words but ill try to explain my thoughts on that subject.cant believe i never heard of this chick before now.ive had alot of her views and started to doubt them since it seems so abnormal compared to the masses.i also couldnt grasp the concept that there could be so many dysfunctional(control freaks) peaple in the world and is that normal?(tyranny of the masses)

start off with the word freedom which our country is based on.the opposite of freedom is control which i believe is the worlds number 1 problem or evil.

take any man good or bad and worship,put them on pedestals,leadership,hero ect they are over overwhelmingly tempted by the evil of control.tempted to take others freedom away for there own beliefs.to enslave peaple to do there bidding(corporations).most of the time they really think there doing whats best for the very people there striping of freedom(religions).the most hated men of power in history probably started life as decent people since there isnt any born evil(maybe insane but none evil),temptation of control converted them.the ultimate display of control is to kill any 1 that doesn't do what u want.i was going to make statement on religion but i know it will start a "war" with the crusaders in here and im getting to lazy for debating atm. although that would prove my point even more about the problem with control.

humans are extremly emotional beings and taught from a young age on how to control others emotions.it actually becomes addicting since it alters you mood playing the control game.most of u will say hell no not me,your in denial.and its very hard to control your own emotions but is possible(saying he made me mad ect).to live selflessly to serve others happiness is just trying to control there emotions(wanting people to put u on that pedestal).

our founding fathers could see these problems and thats how they came up with inalienable rights.they didnt trust any 1 man(monarchy/dictator) or the masses(democracy) which is incredible that they figured out a way(republic) to even remotely safe guard a country of this and protect the freedom they fight for.

i realize the concern of well how do you keep criminals from running wild if there is no control?(laws)that is simple and handled under inalienable rights.all men are entitled their freedom,liberty,pursuit of happiness as long as they dont infringe on the RIGHTS of others.the hard part is what to do if people do infringe on your rights.since there are levels of severity,sometimes you got to fight to the death,sometimes a broken nose is good enuff.

btw people move their eyes when they're thinking,kinda shows how much a genius thinks.thinking to much also sometimes leads to insanity tho.still not sure if im a genius or just crazy.

i would rather die then give up control,i stated that many times over the years even before i learned what freedom really is.i have also seen how much my own control issues have caused problems in my life, especially relationships.i have fought the temptations of control for about 15 years now and it is still extremely difficult.it is hard to practice what u preach,after all we are just human.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Stop being on my side!

Thanked 25,657 Times in 7,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Will_Survive View Post

and dont forget reagen gave amnesty to 5 million illegals and gave money/weapons to our enemy's that we are fighting today
That just shows Saint Ronald's brilliance!

He knew that with the decline of the Soviet Union, we'd have a hard time maintaining our permanent wartime economy, so it was vital to have a new bogeyman to replace the Evil Empire.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Old dude For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,833 Times in 3,493 Posts

We are not texting with friends here, you guys need to use proper capitalization and spacing to make your posts more readable.

Last edited by sierra skier; 05-02-2012 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: sp
Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra skier View Post
We are not texting with friends here. You guys need to use proper capitalization and spacing to make your posts more readable.
im not making money off my writing someone else is. if i were being paid for my writing id make sure i had proper sentance structure and the like. but these arent novels. I work in equipment all day that does not allow capitolization. and proper sentance structure. forgive me if i forget. the periods are there to give end to sentance and start to another.

btw fixes that for you.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Stop being on my side!

Thanked 25,657 Times in 7,405 Posts

The equipment doesn't allow proper sentence structure?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,814 Times in 1,696 Posts

Quote:
im not making money off my writing someone else is. if i were being paid for my writing id make sure i had proper sentance structure and the like. but these arent novels. I work in equipment all day that does not allow capitolization. and proper sentance structure. forgive me if i forget. the periods are there to give end to sentance and start to another.

btw fixes that for you.
It's always a choice how you choose to present yourself. I'm unaware of any equipment that restricts capitalization. Nothing here forces you into using proper grammar, punctuation, etc., but don't expect to get your point across effectively if you don't communicate it properly.

Sometimes a comma, period, or other small construct can mean a world of difference in the point you are trying to convey.

Or, said better:

PUNCTUATION:
The difference between "helping your Uncle Jack, off his horse" and "helping your uncle jack off his horse".
http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...fa31f42d19.jpg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pragmatist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old dude View Post
The equipment doesn't allow proper sentence structure?
when you type in tl1 such a rtrv-crs-t1::123-12:ctag:::fmt=esf,idle=qrss:is;

no it is very hard to switch back and forth to normal speak.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
It's always a choice how you choose to present yourself. I'm unaware of any equipment that restricts capitalization. Nothing here forces you into using proper grammar, punctuation, etc., but don't expect to get your point across effectively if you don't communicate it properly.

Sometimes a comma, period, or other small construct can mean a world of difference in the point you are trying to convey.

Or, said better:

PUNCTUATION:
The difference between "helping your Uncle Jack, off his horse" and "helping your uncle jack off his horse".
http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...fa31f42d19.jpg
its all how you choose to read it. we arnt writing novels. i do punctuate and i try to use spell check, but to complain about capitols? lol seriously we can pick apart everyone's authorship of these posts it serves no benefit.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Survivor

Quote:
when you type in tl1 such a rtrv-crs-t1::123-12:ctag:::fmt=esf,idle=qrss:is;

no it is very hard to switch back and forth to normal speak.
So working at a Telco you don't have to communicate professionally via email?
The Following User Says Thank You to Pragmatist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Survivor

Quote:
its all how you choose to read it. we arnt writing novels. i do punctuate and i try to use spell check, but to complain about capitols? lol seriously we can pick apart everyone's authorship of these posts it serves no benefit.
Like I said; it's a choice. Do you want to communicate your point correctly the first time, or do you want to have to continually clarify due to vagueness?
The Following User Says Thank You to Pragmatist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
So working at a telco, you don't have to communicate professionally via email?
lol. again im not being paid for my posts. btw i fixed your mistakes. you know, those that resort to spelling and grammar attacks, usually have no other argument. they resort to those types of attack to make the other poster look bad. again I am not communicating with management nor am i communicating with a customer. so my grammar means nothing to the validity of the post. again i can easily grammar and spell check everyone's posts and be like those who have no argument or i can just post. i choose to just post.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,833 Times in 3,493 Posts

Quote:

btw fixes that for you.
It would just make your posts so much easier to read and digest when they are presented like we are taught to communicate. We aren't machines that you deal with at work.

I am not a grammar cop, just someone who had to read and re-read your post because of the lack of spacing and capitals. But that is OK,,,, I will just skip your difficult to read material if you feel we are just like your machines at work.

I just thought that if you felt your post was important to make, you would present it in such a fashion as it would be comfortable for people, not machines to understand.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sierra skier For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 05:12 AM
it is what it is

Thanked 3,630 Times in 1,520 Posts

sum snobi azz peeple nead a syz 12 ups thy azz nothink worser thin smarter peeple wit know commen cents

if you can guess what that says then u should not make snob ass comments about fellow mans short comings.if you cant then there is no books of the world going to teach you how to use your brain.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Silent Defender

Thanked 2,601 Times in 1,001 Posts

The Following User Says Thank You to Octomonkey For This Useful Post: