Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Financial Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files



Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 12:13 PM
FXjohn's Avatar
FXjohn FXjohn is offline
I help enlighten folks
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland
Posts: 16,624
Thanks: 3,561
Thanked 5,280 Times in 3,233 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1
Default



Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantguy View Post
He is a paid spokesman like many other celebrities are. You don't actually think Tiger Woods drove a Buick do you?

http://www.focus.com/fyi/12-rich-cel...-spokespeople/
that isn't even a valid comparison.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:18 PM
plantguy's Avatar
plantguy plantguy is offline
Old and Senile
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Grand & Glorious State Of Confusion
Posts: 1,467
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 1,783 Times in 664 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXjohn View Post
that isn't even a valid comparison.
Why not?.................
Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 PM
FXjohn's Avatar
FXjohn FXjohn is offline
I help enlighten folks
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland
Posts: 16,624
Thanks: 3,561
Thanked 5,280 Times in 3,233 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantguy View Post
Why not?.................
because it isn't a ripoff for starters and it also isn't a commodity.


a better comparison

what if Billy Graham sold snake oil retirement investments?

"ya don't HAVE to buy em ya know"
Old 05-02-2012, 01:00 PM
plantguy's Avatar
plantguy plantguy is offline
Old and Senile
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Grand & Glorious State Of Confusion
Posts: 1,467
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 1,783 Times in 664 Posts
Default

I think it's just different to you because it's Glen Beck selling a product. He makes a good portion of his living off advertising. I seriously doubt Billy Graham does at all.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 PM
FXjohn's Avatar
FXjohn FXjohn is offline
I help enlighten folks
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland
Posts: 16,624
Thanks: 3,561
Thanked 5,280 Times in 3,233 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantguy View Post
I think it's just different to you because it's Glen Beck selling a product. He makes a good portion of his living off advertising. I seriously doubt Billy Graham does at all.
but gullible people believe glenn beck.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
plantguy's Avatar
plantguy plantguy is offline
Old and Senile
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Grand & Glorious State Of Confusion
Posts: 1,467
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 1,783 Times in 664 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXjohn View Post
but gullible people believe glenn beck.
So, gullible folks believe advertising. That is your argument? If I'm not mistaken, that is why a lot of advertising works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plantguy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Liberty Valance Liberty Valance is offline
Recent Blog:
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shinbone and the Territory
Age: 52
Posts: 3,687
Thanks: 1,073
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,016 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXjohn View Post
yeah who cares if you swindle people. ya made munny!!
you need to understand the words you throw around.

swindle:
to obtain by fraud or deceit.

example: if i own a 7-11 and i sell a gallon of milk for $5.

but across the street is a circle k and they selling it for $3, am i swindling anyone?

no!

it is your responsibility to know prices and where too shop.

the prices are in front of you and no one forces you to buy the $5 milk.

you seem to want to blame people for engaging into contract on the free market

blame those, who offered the contract freely, and applied no force.

to swindle would mean ,agreeing too a contract and one of the parties of the contract did not fulfill his obligation.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Liberty Valance Liberty Valance is offline
Recent Blog:
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shinbone and the Territory
Age: 52
Posts: 3,687
Thanks: 1,073
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,016 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXjohn View Post
because it isn't a ripoff for starters and it also isn't a commodity.


a better comparison

what if Billy Graham sold snake oil retirement investments?

"ya don't HAVE to buy em ya know"

a commodity is anything that is a creation from time and effort.

gold is a commodity, it has to be dug out of the ground, it takes time and effort to amass it.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Capt Lewis Capt Lewis is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,243
Thanks: 1,636
Thanked 1,546 Times in 695 Posts
Default

well, I bought a set of military minitures back in the 70's One pewtar min to represent each brach of service and uniform for the period.
120 minitures...............I had about a 1000 bucks in it.
Recently sold it on ebay for 1500 so I guess I got my money back.minus inflation.........

Oh well, a fool and their money
Old 05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
plantguy's Avatar
plantguy plantguy is offline
Old and Senile
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Grand & Glorious State Of Confusion
Posts: 1,467
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 1,783 Times in 664 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXjohn View Post
because it isn't a ripoff for starters and it also isn't a commodity.


a better comparison

what if Billy Graham sold snake oil retirement investments?

"ya don't HAVE to buy em ya know"
Isn't most everything that is advertised made from commodities? What part of a Buick or a set of golf clubs isn't made from one commodity or another?
The Following User Says Thank You to plantguy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Liberty Valance Liberty Valance is offline
Recent Blog:
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shinbone and the Territory
Age: 52
Posts: 3,687
Thanks: 1,073
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,016 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Lewis View Post
well, I bought a set of military minitures back in the 70's One pewtar min to represent each brach of service and uniform for the period.
120 minitures...............I had about a 1000 bucks in it.
Recently sold it on ebay for 1500 so I guess I got my money back.minus inflation.........

Oh well, a fool and their money
well there is a way of not losing money on things you buy.

and that is buy what you ........love.

because no matter what the price is you still love the item.

i used to buy comic books and sports cards for profit and pleasure, when i was in the business of selling the stuff.

both of those things peaked in 1991, and have never recovered because all of it now is geared for profit by people going looking to make money.

just my advise ,do not get caught up in either of those two items unless you just like collecting them and enjoy them.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:34 PM
FXjohn's Avatar
FXjohn FXjohn is offline
I help enlighten folks
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland
Posts: 16,624
Thanks: 3,561
Thanked 5,280 Times in 3,233 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Valance View Post
well there is a way of not losing money on things you buy.

and that is buy what you ........love.

because no matter what the price is you still love the item.

i used to buy comic books and sports cards for profit and pleasure, when i was in the business of selling the stuff.

both of those things peaked in 1991, and have never recovered because all of it now is geared for profit by people going looking to make money.

just my advise ,do not get caught up in either of those two items unless you just like collecting them and enjoy them.
some of the old Xmen comics have went up in value since 1991
Old 05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Liberty Valance Liberty Valance is offline
Recent Blog:
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shinbone and the Territory
Age: 52
Posts: 3,687
Thanks: 1,073
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,016 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXjohn View Post
some of the old Xmen comics have went up in value since 1991

if you deal in older comics, golden and silver age, you going to do better.

any sports cards pretty much after 1987 are garage.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:32 AM
dealfinder500 dealfinder500 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the woods.
Posts: 3,383
Thanks: 15,644
Thanked 5,011 Times in 2,136 Posts
Default

I recently bought 5 silver Canadian Grizzly coins from the Westminster Mint through an ad I saw for $34.50 each, free shipping. The guy was trying to sell me some MS-70 and MS-69 graded coins, too. He told me he'd let me have an MS-70 coins for *only* $299, and that there was a limit of one because they were so rare, and the MS-69 coins were only $119. Of course I passed, but that's how they get you.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Hick Industries's Avatar
Hick Industries Hick Industries is offline
Live Secret, Live Happy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: High Desert California
Posts: 7,956
Thanks: 6,208
Thanked 12,084 Times in 4,510 Posts
Default

I think it is clear that some members here are so fixated on Glen Beck that they can not differentiate between the person and the message. I used to listen to his radio show during the two years prior to the Oct 2008 market melt down, so let's remember the message.

He warned us about the stock market and the housing bubble at least 18 months before it tanked.
He interviewed David Walker at least twice to reinforce this message.
He advised people to buy farm land, food storage, and gold and silver coins at this time when they were a bargain.

Everything Glen Beck was correct and was a good idea. I followed much of his advise and I am richer and better prepared because of it.

That's more than I can save for certain board member acting like trolls.

Ps, Beck has had nothing to do with the Franklin Mint.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Deadmeat99's Avatar
Deadmeat99 Deadmeat99 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 3,385
Thanks: 3,988
Thanked 5,411 Times in 2,111 Posts
Default

Beck advertises Cheaper than Dirt too, and that company is the home of -57% savings (they were charging over MSRP during the post-election craze, and had to gall to trumpet how much they were screwing people by showing them negative savings on their web site).

Just because Beck shills for a company doesn't mean the the company is worthwhile to deal with. I wouldn't buy any of that "Food Insurance" junk or the laughable solar contraptions either.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 PM
FXjohn's Avatar
FXjohn FXjohn is offline
I help enlighten folks
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland
Posts: 16,624
Thanks: 3,561
Thanked 5,280 Times in 3,233 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1
Default

you're right glenn beck isn't worth listening to.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Deadmeat99's Avatar
Deadmeat99 Deadmeat99 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 3,385
Thanks: 3,988
Thanked 5,411 Times in 2,111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXjohn View Post
you're right glenn beck isn't worth listening to.
I know you do this for fun, but that's not what I said. Just because he has crap advertisers doesn't mean his views are wrong.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Hick Industries's Avatar
Hick Industries Hick Industries is offline
Live Secret, Live Happy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: High Desert California
Posts: 7,956
Thanks: 6,208
Thanked 12,084 Times in 4,510 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXjohn View Post
you're right glenn beck isn't worth listening to.
Perhaps you are just not smart enough to get the message.

Beck is one of the very few who were absolutely correct about the stock market and housing values tanking.

If you are not smart enough to act correctly when warned about a coming crisis, then stupid is as stupid does.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 10:55 PM
justincasesfo justincasesfo is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,116
Thanks: 276
Thanked 833 Times in 452 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550izula View Post
So does this mean the penis enlargement kit, fat loss pills, and the work at home DVD I just ordered are worthless?
depends what fat loss pills you got
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are non vendors allowed to Trade/sell stuff here? bpeltzer Site Information & Suggestion Box 4 01-21-2011 11:21 AM
Buys/sell/trade for all members. bearfoot_25 Site Information & Suggestion Box 3 09-08-2010 07:04 AM
If you aint seen this video its worht it. urban Firearms General Discussion 39 02-17-2010 03:59 PM
Anyone make stuff and sell online? PithHelmeteer General Discussion 14 07-28-2009 08:42 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Kevin Felts 2006 - 2012,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net