Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 PM

Default Alternative news

Advertise Here

Anyone have good suggestions for non-partisan, independent alternative news sites?

It seems that even the alternative news sites are biased, mostly on the left, and are obsessed with the OWS movement and Bush-bashing.

Personally, I'm a libertarian and dislike both sides of the aisle, and want just plain old news in a non-biased light and also news that the MSM either spins, downplays, or ignores.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Old Noob

Thanked 4,934 Times in 2,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RILockGuy View Post
Anyone have good suggestions for non-partisan, independent alternative news sites?

It seems that even the alternative news sites are biased, mostly on the left, and are obsessed with the OWS movement and Bush-bashing.

Personally, I'm a libertarian and dislike both sides of the aisle, and want just plain old news in a non-biased light and also news that the MSM either spins, downplays, or ignores.

Any suggestions?
Your request is a noble one but unfulfillable.

There is NO news service like that.

News is a marketable commodity and is dressed up to appeal and be sellable to consumers, not to citizens.

Unfortunately, you have to read both the red and the blue stuff and sort it out for yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlgoRhythms For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Finish the game

Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,064 Posts

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Just have to tune that stuff out, all sources have a bias, even if it's unintentional
The Following User Says Thank You to curebar For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 04:30 PM
cleaning crew

Thanked 3,278 Times in 1,459 Posts

remember the saying, "your enemy's enemy is your friend." well, that don't apply much to news.

probably the best thing is to read with an open mind and pay attention to between the lines.

the key thing is to not let your emotions take advantage of you. media services plays on emotions. get the what, where, when, and who and then you can speculate the why and how.
The Following User Says Thank You to janit0r For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 04:33 PM

Well, one can always hope, right?

As an example of what I mean, when the Japanese diplomat to Switzerland--I forget his name--told everyone what was really going on at reactor #4 at Fukushima, I learned about it here, in these forums. I looked all over to find somewhere that reported it in a news story but to no avail.

I think it's more unreported or under-reported news that I'm looking for.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Finish the game

Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,064 Posts

Quote:
Well, one can always hope, right?

As an example of what I mean, when the Japanese diplomat to Switzerland--I forget his name--told everyone what was really going on at reactor #4 at Fukushima, I learned about it here, in these forums. I looked all over to find somewhere that reported it in a news story but to no avail.

I think it's more unreported or under-reported news that I'm looking for.
That's a good example of the need for multiple sources, media sources (all of them) are out to make a profit, whether that is individual or corporate. They are going to report "news" they believe will bring in viewers / listeners and ignore stories "they" deem unimportant / inconvenient to their bias.

There is no solution to eliminate this without seeking multiple sources on your own, but just think how much easier it is to do in our current age. You no longer are dependent on the local news paper