Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Political News and Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files



Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 AM
goopyquill goopyquill is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
A white Christian is just about the worst thing to be these days... still, I'm glad I'm not an illegal alien, mixed race, muzlim, baby killing queer. Then I'd be a libtard.

I'm sorry, that wasn't very Christian of me... I'm a sinner.
this is the problem with many christians is that the bible teaches tolorance and to love thy neighbor but discriminate against anyone who dosent agree with them
The Following User Says Thank You to goopyquill For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Arch Stanton Arch Stanton is offline
Gatorbait
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 632
Thanks: 315
Thanked 489 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopyquill View Post
this is the problem with many christians is that the bible teaches tolorance and to love thy neighbor but discriminate against anyone who dosent agree with them
Where does the Bible teach to discriminate against those who don't agree with you?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:45 AM
goopyquill goopyquill is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

i meant that the bible teaches tolorance but so many supposed christians ignore that and twist a few select passages out of context around to use it to discriminate
Old 05-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Arch Stanton Arch Stanton is offline
Gatorbait
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 632
Thanks: 315
Thanked 489 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopyquill View Post
i meant that the bible teaches tolorance but so many supposed christians ignore that and twist a few select passages out of context around to use it to discriminate
I would add that those may not be true Christians. The meaning of Christian is "Christ follower." Where did Christ discriminate? If there are those who are discriminating and are claiming Christianity, that does not necessarily mean that their claim is true. This is a bad stereotype. I can say that I am a tree but you can tell by my appearance and my actions that I am not. Please afford Christians the same line of logic.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:20 AM
goopyquill goopyquill is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

thats very true they're not true christians they're just using that title to trick people into believing that being conservative is the same as christian and as a result giving real christians a bad name
The Following User Says Thank You to goopyquill For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2012, 01:55 PM
LucidSol's Avatar
LucidSol LucidSol is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 311
Thanks: 459
Thanked 316 Times in 140 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Nah, he understands it just fine. He just don't want you to figure it out.
Speaking out against oppression does not make one the oppressor. Quite the contrary. His statement is about not using the Bible to validate the oppression of others. That they are allowed their beliefs as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others, as it often does. In this case he specifically calls out how those who oppress using the words from the bible have no problem screaming about abomination, eternal torture, and condones verbal, mental, and physical abuse but as soon as someone speaks against them doing these things there is a problem. Not all who follow this faith, just those who do it.

If I were to speak out against people randomly raping anybody with different eye color than you, because their particular faith said they could, am I oppressing them? What if I publicly said that I thought it was wrong in room full of people who I knew did it? Am I now bullying them?

Actually, it's called freedom of speech. I can say that it is deplorable, ignorant, hateful, and disgusting to oppress an individual based on religion, sexuality, skin color, etc. And that person can prove they are huge D-bags by trying to justify treating fellow humans that way.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Optimist's Avatar
Optimist Optimist is offline
shottist. Brit spelling.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NW Arkansas
Age: 64
Posts: 7,244
Thanks: 10,970
Thanked 7,327 Times in 3,751 Posts
Default

LucidSol, you seem to advocate allowing the "some are more equal than others" notion that Orwell derided in Animal Farm. Giving a man a bully pulpit and denying others a chance to meet him on even ground is discrimination and bullying, and I don't give a flea fart in a hurricane how you try to defend it. It is what it is.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Liberty Valance Liberty Valance is offline
Recent Blog:
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shinbone and the Territory
Age: 52
Posts: 3,687
Thanks: 1,073
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,016 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopyquill View Post
this is the problem with many christians is that the bible teaches tolorance and to love thy neighbor but discriminate against anyone who dosent agree with them
the bible teaches there is right and wrong.

there are just people who are doing wrong according to the bible, AND because it points to the sin they are preforming and they don't like the bible when it does that.

Jesus was not -------->tolerant of sin, he spoke about it often, he didn't stop you from engaging in sin, he left it up to you.

because you are going to have to be the one to answer to the lord for it in the end.

this idea that Christians are not suppose to call people on sin, not say a word about it in any way, don't speak out when you don't like something, but keep silent..

is some of the stupidest stuff i have ever heard of.

and i don't know where these ideas, were created.

and BEFORE, anyone tries to quote a bible verse.

judge ye not and ye shall not be judged........here is the second part of it!


JESUS SAID..........>GO AND SIN NO MORE!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:04 PM
LucidSol's Avatar
LucidSol LucidSol is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 311
Thanks: 459
Thanked 316 Times in 140 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
LucidSol, you seem to advocate allowing the "some are more equal than others" notion that Orwell derided in Animal Farm. Giving a man a bully pulpit and denying others a chance to meet him on even ground is discrimination and bullying, and I don't give a flea fart in a hurricane how you try to defend it. It is what it is.
Really? You mean like when religious leaders who stand up to say hateful and ignorant things in a congregation or public venue? Or when talking heads on TV spout lies and nonsense? Or do you mean when Political officials that are supposed to represent everyone in their district make disparaging comments about those in the community they are supposed to represent?

You seem to advocate posting a fin-de-siècle notion that it's o.k. to follow emotionalism, irrationalism, subjectivism. Thus preventing a community of people from pursuing their own happiness by being treated as equal or as valid as others.

If you think I advocate Orwellian thoughts you clearly haven't been reading my posts. I do not advocate some are more equal than others. The fact that everyone is equal in rights, from any sexuality, religion, or heritage is a constant refrain in my statements. So you can make justifications for your personal biases, and exceptions to the concept that everyone deserves to pursue their own happiness, whether you agree with their choices or not(as long as they are consenting adults), just don't try to label me something I am not. Once again, speaking out against oppression does not make one the oppressor anymore than speaking out against domestic violence makes one a perpetrator of that violence.

And that is what it really is. If you don't want to have a conversation about it to explore the concept then feel free to continue making simple statements to the effect of "Nuh, uh!" Otherwise it you can deny until the hurricane is gone, but the elephant the flea was on will still be there.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Arch Stanton Arch Stanton is offline
Gatorbait
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 632
Thanks: 315
Thanked 489 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidSol View Post
Really? You mean like when religious leaders who stand up to say hateful and ignorant things in a congregation or public venue? Or when talking heads on TV spout lies and nonsense? Or do you mean when Political officials that are supposed to represent everyone in their district make disparaging comments about those in the community they are supposed to represent?

You seem to advocate posting a fin-de-siècle notion that it's o.k. to follow emotionalism, irrationalism, subjectivism. Thus preventing a community of people from pursuing their own happiness by being treated as equal or as valid as others.

If you think I advocate Orwellian thoughts you clearly haven't been reading my posts. I do not advocate some are more equal than others. The fact that everyone is equal in rights, from any sexuality, religion, or heritage is a constant refrain in my statements. So you can make justifications for your personal biases, and exceptions to the concept that everyone deserves to pursue their own happiness, whether you agree with their choices or not(as long as they are consenting adults), just don't try to label me something I am not. Once again, speaking out against oppression does not make one the oppressor anymore than speaking out against domestic violence makes one a perpetrator of that violence.

And that is what it really is. If you don't want to have a conversation about it to explore the concept then feel free to continue making simple statements to the effect of "Nuh, uh!" Otherwise it you can deny until the hurricane is gone, but the elephant the flea was on will still be there.
Please clarify: do you mean anyone is free to practice any sexuality, religion, or heritage or do you mean that they are free from the influences of them. (possibly you mean both?) Thanks,
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Curses and Hexes and People Stealing Your Luck? Pinemarten Religious Discussion 34 03-20-2011 01:24 PM
U.S. Christian Power Cult "The Family" Sponsors Anti-Gay Pogrom Law in Uganda colourfastt Controversial News and Alternative Politics 48 12-06-2009 03:07 AM
A Thought for all you "Christian" Anti-Catholic Bigots skifast Religious Discussion 213 10-18-2009 11:33 PM
Anti Christian Catholic Popes 300mag Religious Discussion 10 03-06-2009 10:29 PM
Political Trouble: Iran curses Ahmadinejad Graywolf General Discussion 2 07-02-2007 03:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Kevin Felts 2006 - 2012,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net