Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Religious Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files



Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 01:25 PM
blue123's Avatar
blue123 blue123 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,213
Thanks: 4,307
Thanked 6,337 Times in 3,137 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default These testimonies never grow old



Advertise Here

a great witness that should be of interest to everyone
__________________
''the court jester''
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blue123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 02:17 PM
temu temu is offline
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Them gold-bearing hills of the Mother Lode!
Posts: 9,296
Thanks: 26,002
Thanked 25,009 Times in 7,888 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default

On satelite internet so I can't do the download...but does the title infer she claims to have went to 'hell' and back?

Old 04-15-2012, 02:32 PM
blue123's Avatar
blue123 blue123 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,213
Thanks: 4,307
Thanked 6,337 Times in 3,137 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default

yes...........
__________________
''the court jester''
Old 04-15-2012, 04:07 PM
joshua79109's Avatar
joshua79109 joshua79109 is offline
Joshua 24:14-15
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 977
Thanks: 1,473
Thanked 2,167 Times in 704 Posts
Default

blue123 and friends,

I too really love good personal testimony. I really believe it helps to be a light to others for Him.

I'm sorry to say that I don't agree with her being a good testimony to share. I watched the video in full and really disagree with many points she appears to make. I hope I am just misunderstanding.

A few specific things I disagree with.

- She heard a small voice that told her to remove the gun from her head and place it at her chest. She then goes on into the reasoning of this as she argued with the voice.

- She then goes to hell, briefly, where she understands the thoughts of others and then off to heaven where she doesn't have a full pass to interact


I think I'll just stop there and say that much of what she says does not seem to be supported by the Bible in my opinion. Some might find that relevant, but I am coming from a standpoint of a Christian who believes His Word.


blue123, please don't take this as an attack of your opinion but simply as another opinion of a person who also loves Him.

Again, I too really enjoy wonderful testimony. I believe we don't have to look far. We can get involved with brothers and sisters right in our own area who He has provided around us for good personal testimony.

As always, test everything against His Word.


I just wanted to add that we have plenty of arguing here already, so please don't take this as if I am coming from a hateful heart. I'm not feeling angry or argumentative. I just have some real issues with what I believe I understand her to be saying.

Blessings
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshua79109 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 05:44 PM
blue123's Avatar
blue123 blue123 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,213
Thanks: 4,307
Thanked 6,337 Times in 3,137 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua79109 View Post
blue123 and friends,

I too really love good personal testimony. I really believe it helps to be a light to others for Him.

I'm sorry to say that I don't agree with her being a good testimony to share. I watched the video in full and really disagree with many points she appears to make. I hope I am just misunderstanding.

A few specific things I disagree with.

- She heard a small voice that told her to remove the gun from her head and place it at her chest. She then goes on into the reasoning of this as she argued with the voice.
she asked god for forgivness god interviened,her decision to go with the voice saved her life, suicide is drivin by demonic opression.

- She then goes to hell, briefly, where she understands the thoughts of others
too bad, her account of her experience makes perfect sense to me.

and then off to heaven where she doesn't have a full pass to interact
you must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven evidently she was forgivin but not born again, over the years i have known individuals that accepted christ but were not born again but god protected them from dieing.

I think I'll just stop there and say that much of what she says does not seem to be supported by the Bible in my opinion. Some might find that relevant, but I am coming from a standpoint of a Christian who believes His Word.


blue123, please don't take this as an attack of your opinion but simply as another opinion of a person who also loves Him.
i dont get offended, however i would caution speaking out against her simply because you lack understanding, here is a great opertunity to gain some insight into gods love and power and what hell really means, as we who are in christ become total life, faith and light so those in hell become total death, fear and darkness in my experience with spiritual warfare over the years including one on one in person hearing a testamony about a visit to hell from one individual i knew personaly, she hits the nail on the head.
__________________
''the court jester''

Last edited by blue123; 04-15-2012 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: needed to be more specific
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 PM
ActionJackson ActionJackson is offline
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,913
Thanks: 30,334
Thanked 32,928 Times in 12,710 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123 View Post
I've seen many, many testimonies where folks are declared dead by a medical doctor but the people are conscious and able to see themselves from a distance. So much for "soul sleep." Very interesting stuff.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 09:25 PM
bamabear's Avatar
bamabear bamabear is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 433
Thanks: 717
Thanked 611 Times in 266 Posts
Default

The Bible clearly say, that No one has assended to Heaven but Yahweh and Yahshua, and since we are at rest until the last trump, no one has went to hell yet, Lots of these stories lately....I don't know.
The Following User Says Thank You to bamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 09:27 PM
bamabear's Avatar
bamabear bamabear is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 433
Thanks: 717
Thanked 611 Times in 266 Posts
Default

and oh, this is on TBN,
The Following User Says Thank You to bamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 11:08 PM
blue123's Avatar
blue123 blue123 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,213
Thanks: 4,307
Thanked 6,337 Times in 3,137 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabear View Post
The Bible clearly say, that No one has assended to Heaven but Yahweh and Yahshua, and since we are at rest until the last trump, no one has went to hell yet, Lots of these stories lately....I don't know.
luke 16:23-26
23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

matt.27:51-53
51And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

eph. 4:7-9
7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore it says,

“WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH,
HE LED CAPTIVE A HOST OF CAPTIVES,
AND HE GAVE GIFTS TO MEN.”

9 (Now this expression, “He ascended,” what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.)

__________________
''the court jester''
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2012, 06:40 AM
ActionJackson ActionJackson is offline
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,913
Thanks: 30,334
Thanked 32,928 Times in 12,710 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123 View Post
luke 16:23-26
23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

matt.27:51-53
51And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

eph. 4:7-9
7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore it says,

“WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH,
HE LED CAPTIVE A HOST OF CAPTIVES,
AND HE GAVE GIFTS TO MEN.”

9 (Now this expression, “He ascended,” what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.)

2 Corinthians 12:2, "I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth) such an one caught up to the third heaven."

I think bamabear has a point in that the bodies of men haven't been caught up but I do believe that the spirits of men can enter Heaven after death.

Luke 23:42-43, "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."

I'm certain that Jesus Christ didn't lie to the thief but kept His promise.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 AM
bamabear's Avatar
bamabear bamabear is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 433
Thanks: 717
Thanked 611 Times in 266 Posts
Default

the third Heaven , that brings up a good study and questions, How many are there ? and I believe your spirit goes out of you body after you take your last breath,
The Following User Says Thank You to bamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 AM
joshua79109's Avatar
joshua79109 joshua79109 is offline
Joshua 24:14-15
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 977
Thanks: 1,473
Thanked 2,167 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123 View Post
i dont get offended, however i would caution speaking out against her simply because you lack understanding, here is a great opertunity to gain some insight into gods love and power and what hell really means, as we who are in christ become total life, faith and light so those in hell become total death, fear and darkness in my experience with spiritual warfare over the years including one on one in person hearing a testamony about a visit to hell from one individual i knew personaly, she hits the nail on the head.

I understand that we won't agree on this and am honestly not here to cause issue over our difference in opinion.

You may certainly be correct and I may be incorrect. Folks should weigh that out for themselves.

My attempt here is to say that I believe we should weigh everything against Scripture. My opinion is that there are some things said there that do not hold true in Scripture.

Clearly, you and I see that differently. I considered discussing our difference in opinion here, but don't see that it would do much besides cause strife. Please know that I'm not saying this lightly and believe this or I'd not have made a post in your thread like my original post.

I believe, from your replies, that we agree that it should be weighed against Scripture and I think that point is clear. And, of course, that is just an obvious answer to all of us who believe we should weigh everything against Scripture.

Blessings
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshua79109 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2012, 09:45 AM
blue123's Avatar
blue123 blue123 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,213
Thanks: 4,307
Thanked 6,337 Times in 3,137 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua79109 View Post
I understand that we won't agree on this and am honestly not here to cause issue over our difference in opinion.

My attempt here is to say that I believe we should weigh everything against Scripture. My opinion is that there are some things said there that do not hold true in Scripture.

Clearly, you and I see that differently. I considered discussing our difference in opinion here, but don't see that it would do much besides cause strife. Please know that I'm not saying this lightly and believe this or I'd not have made a post in your thread like my original post.
dont worry guy i dont get offended over diffrences of opinion, funny though i used to but not anymore.........bring your scriptures, i think you will find i have some understanding aswell as personal experience in such matters.
__________________
''the court jester''
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blue123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 03:37 AM
Paradox's Avatar
Paradox Paradox is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: U.K
Posts: 2,720
Thanks: 6,617
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,647 Posts
Default

Cant make up my mind about this lady, but it has similarities to this Guy.


Heard of him from a FGBF meeting in the U.K.

Cant say how they fit scripture but can't fault the message.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 07:04 AM
OhioMan's Avatar
OhioMan OhioMan is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,019
Thanks: 57,284
Thanked 55,188 Times in 16,848 Posts
Default

Thanks blue...I enjoyed that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 08:47 AM
blue123's Avatar
blue123 blue123 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,213
Thanks: 4,307
Thanked 6,337 Times in 3,137 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Corinthians 13:1

'' In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.''
__________________
''the court jester''
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 03:42 PM
temu temu is offline
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Them gold-bearing hills of the Mother Lode!
Posts: 9,296
Thanks: 26,002
Thanked 25,009 Times in 7,888 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123 View Post
Corinthians 13:1

'' In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.''
Where are the two or three witnesses in the word for this stuff?

Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 PM
blue123's Avatar
blue123 blue123 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,213
Thanks: 4,307
Thanked 6,337 Times in 3,137 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by temu View Post
Where are the two or three witnesses in the word for this stuff?

what stuff?
__________________
''the court jester''
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 07:17 PM
ActionJackson ActionJackson is offline
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,913
Thanks: 30,334
Thanked 32,928 Times in 12,710 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2
Default

I see the hyenas are circling around this thread as well. Sorry blue.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:21 PM
ActionJackson ActionJackson is offline
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 21,913
Thanks: 30,334
Thanked 32,928 Times in 12,710 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2
Default

Blue. I've seen several episodes of a show called "I Survived." It's not necessarily a Christian program but many of the testimonies are centered around Christ and the idea of life after death. I find it fascinating.

http://www.biography.com/tv/i-survived

It appears on the Biography channel on cable TV.

Last edited by ActionJackson; 04-17-2012 at 11:10 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
hell



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you most want to grow? WhiteLightning Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 61 02-06-2012 05:32 AM
Testimony Threads/Christian Testimonies ActionJackson Devotional and Prayer 39 01-22-2012 07:36 PM
to grow or not to grow a garden when SHTF paradice Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 66 12-24-2011 07:42 PM
Censored Gulf eyewitness testimonies of coughing up blood and other horror stories Dwind Manmade and Natural Disasters 25 11-16-2010 08:41 PM
Grow your own! Brew General Discussion 2 04-06-2009 04:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Kevin Felts 2006 - 2012,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net