Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 04-15-2012, 11:54 AM

Default T-Ration true lifespan

Advertise Here

Hi,

I am sorry if this has been addressed here before(I tried a search to no avail).

Does anyone recall the actual lifespan of the MRE T-Ration (ie the Squad Size Thermally Stabilized MRE Ration in Polymeric Tray).

I know USDA and the DoD call them at 5 years but, I seem to recall their actual lifetime if kept in a good storage climate was closer to 20.

Thanks in advance,
Old 04-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 102,256 Times in 33,009 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Mine haven't fared well much past the 5 years. Now, I'm in a warm climate here, so that is probably the cause. But 6-7 years and they're becoming very disagreeable. I actually threw a bunch of them out after testing some of them at the 7 year mark. I need to find another sale on them and restock.
Folks, when starting a thread, please take a moment and consider which forum that thread belongs in. Disaster Preparedness is for disaster preparedness discussions only. There are forums for gun posts, news, politics, general discussion, etc. Please try to start threads in the right forum. This makes the site better for all of us. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post: