Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival gear buy, sell, trade and reviews section > Merchants Section > Discount Mylar Bags
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 04-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Recent Blog: Food Storage For Vets
VIP Member

Default Warehouse now open!

Advertise Here

We are very proud to announce that today we have opened a warehouse to serve our customers better. Over time, this will allow us to stock more products and process orders more efficiently. Plus, if you are in Middle Tennessee, you are welcome to give us a ring if you'd like to stop by and say hello, and maybe pick up some Mylar bags while you are there (and save on shipping!)!

Our warehouse phone # is 615-431-5143 and we are at 118 Midtown Court, in Hendersonville, TN if you feel like visiting!

Thanks to all of our customers for making this possible!

Mylar Bags and Oxygen Absorbers available at Discount Mylar Bags.
Bulk Orders for Survival and Preparedness Store Owners: ShieldPro Flexible Packaging
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AandB For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2013, 09:23 AM

Wife and I stopped in year or so ago You gave her one of the small keyring light,also have ordered online from you.Thanks for all the information you shared with us.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,306 Times in 3,899 Posts

hey guy .... been meaning to check back with you about the bigger mylar bags for 30 gallon and 55 gallon drums .... you ever make them an inventory item?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Recent Blog: Food Storage For Vets
VIP Member

Heya, my apologies for the ultra slow reply. My free reading time has been pretty much eliminated and I haven't been over here for months, sorry about that! My wife is pregnant with twins and between that and the business I'm usually sacked out as soon as I can be!

I've had some requests over the years for the 55 gallon drum bags, but I haven't found a manufacturer yet who can make them reasonably priced (many can't make them at all due to the size) in the Mil weight I'd be comfortable with (6.0+ for a bag this size) I've seen some at 4-4.5 mils for $15 or so, but I would have a hard time trusting 350+lbs of food in a 4 mil bag.

For us, the hardest thing would be doing quantities sufficient for a press run. For something like this, 3-4k units would be a standard run...and at $10 or more each, that's a heckuva investment for a product that might take 3 years to sell through.=) We did produce our first 50"+ bag (11"x55" at 7.5 mils for gun storage) and they're awesome, I'll run by what the pricing would be just to confirm as I know our current manufacturer has the presses to do it.

Again, sorry for being incommunicado!

Mylar Bags and Oxygen Absorbers available at Discount Mylar Bags.
Bulk Orders for Survival and Preparedness Store Owners: ShieldPro Flexible Packaging
Old 10-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,306 Times in 3,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AandB View Post
Heya, my apologies for the ultra slow reply. My free reading time has been pretty much eliminated and I haven't been over here for months, sorry about that! My wife is pregnant with twins and between that and the business I'm usually sacked out as soon as I can be!

I've had some requests over the years for the 55 gallon drum bags, but I haven't found a manufacturer yet who can make them reasonably priced (many can't make them at all due to the size) in the Mil weight I'd be comfortable with (6.0+ for a bag this size) I've seen some at 4-4.5 mils for $15 or so, but I would have a hard time trusting 350+lbs of food in a 4 mil bag.

For us, the hardest thing would be doing quantities sufficient for a press run. For something like this, 3-4k units would be a standard run...and at $10 or more each, that's a heckuva investment for a product that might take 3 years to sell through.=) We did produce our first 50"+ bag (11"x55" at 7.5 mils for gun storage) and they're awesome, I'll run by what the pricing would be just to confirm as I know our current manufacturer has the presses to do it.

Again, sorry for being incommunicado!

hey guy ... thanx for the reply back - I'd actually forgot about this thread ....

in regard to the ultra-large mylar bags .... agreed that that the 6 mil would be the best overall ... but the prepper usage would be primarily bulk grain/ beans/rice into new 30 & 55 gallon steel/fibre drums ..... the 4 mil mylar would be well supported by the barrel wall and shouldn't be under any strain .... most of these filled drums will ever be moved once loaded down

$15 is a workable price .... alternative is using 9 to 10 of the 20 X 30 bags ....