Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,444 Times in 4,316 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougzilla View Post
Right on my own property, while digging my pond, i found a stone floor about 6 feet down. Below the natural rock and sand layers in this area.

Also a little north of here i found pieces of ancient iron pipes, complete with flange and bolt holes. about 9 feet down.
That area was woods with large trees before we cleared it out for a new neighborhood.
The pipe pieces were under the natural rock and sediment layers that haven't been disturbed. Meaning they weren't buried. They were already there.
Any pics?...........
Old 04-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMacnamara View Post
Be wary of those who refuse to consider an Earth a day older than five thousand years poking their nose in this thread.
I'd say older than 5000 yrs and 2 days and less than 10,000 yrs.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:31 AM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 8,352 Times in 3,828 Posts

Quote:
Also a little north of here i found pieces of ancient iron pipes, complete with flange and bolt holes. about 9 feet down.
That area was woods with large trees before we cleared it out for a new neighborhood.
The pipe pieces were under the natural rock and sediment layers that haven't been disturbed. Meaning they weren't buried. They were already there.
Maybe the pipe was from a failed attempt at drilling a well years ago. The evidence of a small bore hole would be easy to miss if you're digging with a back hoe or dozer.

Last edited by LibShooter; 04-09-2012 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Survival Actual

Thanked 11,499 Times in 2,831 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot View Post
Any pics?...........
No i didnt have a camera back then. I wish i had kept the iron pipe stuff, but we were in the middle of digging a basement for a new house and were on a tight schedule.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Survival Actual

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
Maybe the pipe was from a failed attempt at drilling a well years ago. The evidence of a small bore hole would be easy to miss if you digging with a back hoe or dozer.
It was a very large section of pipe. And none of the gravel layers on top were disturbed. I have dug 1000's of basements for new houses. When something isn't right, i spot it immediately. No logical reason for that pipe to be there.

I for one don't believe conspiracy theories and other crap like that, but i know what i found and it has me convinced we don't know everything about the past of this planet.

I'm pretty sure we're not the first technologically advanced society that's lived here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dougzilla For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Survival Actual

Awards Showcase

Ok this is almost exactly like what i found. It was a section about the size of this. Very large and heavy. And there was a bunch of other pieces around it that were completely crushed and broken, and very rusted out. But it was clearly manufactured, not natural.

Ok i dont know wtf it's trying to embed a video. Just click the link at the top of that box. It's a picture.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:08 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we're not the first technologically advanced society that's lived here.

I guess that's possible. It would be interesting to get a team of trained archaeologists to excavate and date your find. Occam's razor suggests it's been there for less than two hundred years. Obviously, the known Native American cultures in Delaware before European colonization didn't have widespread iron technology... or plumbing. However, if it was placed there by some technologically advanced culture tens of thousands of years ago, it would have rusted away and become a brownish-red stain in the dirt.

It seems to me nine feet underground is about where the sewer company would put a pipe.

Last edited by LibShooter; 04-09-2012 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Survival Actual

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I guess that's possible. It would be interesting to get a team of trained archaeologists to excavate and date your find. Occam's razor suggests it's been there for less than two hundred years. Obviously, the known Native American cultures in Delaware before European colonization didn't have widespread iron technology... or plumbing. However, if it was placed there by some technologically advanced culture tens of thousands of years ago, it would have rusted away and become a brownish-red stain in the dirt.

It seems to me nine feet underground is about where the sewer company would put a pipe.
Yeah that's the two things that made it odd.
1) It was underneath undisturbed land that was thick woods and large trees before we showed up. I was actually looking for gold at the layer of river rock under the sand layer when i noticed the pipe thing with bolt holes in it, UNDER the rock layer.

2) I WAS that sewer company there. All the sewers, water lines and other excavating tasks were done by my company.

It was obviously a very large pipe at one time. i'd say roughly 4 feet wide before it was smashed to bits (or rotted), although the only intact portion was about a foot wide. Enough for 3 bolt holes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dougzilla For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2012, 06:37 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Yeah that's the two things that made it odd.
1) It was underneath undisturbed land that was thick woods and large trees before we showed up. I was actually looking for gold at the layer of river rock under the sand layer when i noticed the pipe thing with bolt holes in it, UNDER the rock layer.
I wonder how long it takes for tree roots and leaves, earthworms and other biological action to return the soil to an undisturbed appearance? If that pipe had been buried 100 years ago that might be enough time. The rock layer might have been a 19th century roadbed similarly buried by the forest.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Survival Actual

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I wonder how long it takes for tree roots and leaves, earthworms and other biological action to return the soil to an undisturbed appearance? If that pipe had been buried 100 years ago that might be enough time. The rock layer might have been a 19th century roadbed similarly buried by the forest.
LOL i can tell you've never been an excavator. If you had my experience you'd know what i mean.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Anarchist/Animist Primate

Thanked 10,531 Times in 3,717 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless Drudge View Post
The primary criterion for determining the use of a "tool" is that the tool required artifice to improve it from its natural state. A stick is not a tool by this definition, because it is as found, but if it is cut, shaped, or sharpened, etc., it is a tool.

Another popular distinction is the retention of the implement, A chimpanzee will often use a twig to coax termites out of a tree, and even use the stick as a utencil to eat the termites, but the chimpanzee will not typically be observed retaining the same stick to use repeatedly over the course of several instances. Instead, it grabs whatever new stick is at hand.

Knapped flints and obsidian tools require artifice and would, if only by virtue of requiring more than a day's time of casual work to create, be retained over a considerable use life.
To me, any object used to make the job easier is a tool, but yes, there is a distinction.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Trapper

They found fossilized human remains and it was holding a craftsman wrench. The guy that discovered the wrench to it back to sears and they gave him a new one no questions asked.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sanderhawk For This Useful Post: