Survivalist Forum banner

Meth Heads, the Rural Zombies

33K views 144 replies 89 participants last post by  Highwater Filters 
#1 ·
I'm in the burbs now, but grew up in the sticks. I still perform work a few days a month in rural areas so I am familiar with what goes on. Anyone who has any experience with meth heads and dealers will know what I'm talking about. My question is this, if TSHTF or we have a total breakdown, will the meth head problem get worse, burn out or what? If they run out of product, that would be a good thing, but in the interim it would grow far worse. Pharmacies will likely need 24 hour security and other drugs would also be a concern. Zombies would be preferable to meth heads on a mission. It's amazing what has happened to rural America in just one generation, meth is a true menace.

#3 ·
My ex was and probably still is an addict, while I was with her she hid it as a sickness that she made up. The mood swings that come with it are absolutely unbelievable. I finally woke up to the missing money and other stuff and left her, 3 weeks later I got a message from her, I went back but only for 3 days, I just couldn't take it and nothing had changed, has been a while now and I still think about her every day

#5 ·
Got a few around here, but I'm not all that worried about them. Concerned, like any other potential threat, but not worried. They're already broken. Most will self destruct or be killed off fighting each other for any remaining drugs, like any other junkie. If you want to keep them away until then, have some primal fear ingredients available, like large, toothy dogs, or fire. I hear that its also very, very hard to ignore a sucking chest wound for long.

#19 ·
dont know

I don't know what part of NC you are in, BUT I recently moved from the coast to the mountains. The area I live in AKA Crazy City ( cause of the mental hospital) is the meth capital of that state I think. Meth heads are everywhere up here and the news is constantly showing meth labs being busted here.

#9 ·
I used to deal with these people on a regular basis. I worked at a 50's style burger diner that served soft serve, I started a theory that they can live entirely on $.99 ice cream cones.

These people aren't all bad, and can be reformed if they are willing. Ive worked with former Tweakers and Twacks that were good, honest hardworking people.

The ones who quit after IT may have a valuable place, tweakers tend to know a lot of little tricks, the ones who are still chained to their drug will make excellent slave labor to whoever has an extra "hit" for them.

T

#10 ·
I used to deal with these people on a regular basis. I worked at a 50's style burger diner that served soft serve, I started a theory that they can live entirely on $.99 ice cream cones.

These people aren't all bad, and can be reformed if they are will. Ive worked with former Tweakers and Twacks that were good, honest hardworking people.

The ones who quit after IT may have a valuable place, tweakers tend to know a lot of little tricks, the ones who are still chained to their drug will make excellent slave labor to whoever has an extra "hit" for them.

T
You have got it nailed, PMSL at the ice cream that is so true

#13 ·
Meth is apparently pretty bad in the area where I live. It's one of those things that the town gossips about but you really don't hear too much about it overall. I mean you'll hear of the occasional bust now and then. But once someone's queued you in on what it looks like it's not hard to spot a Methombie (yeah that name's patten pending lol). It really is sad. I can just imagine the whole area having to go dry at once and seeing the shoveling masses emerge trying to desperately find a fix.....

#14 ·
These people are SCARY. Local cops stopped one a few years ago
in a small town. He was driving around with a loaded gun
and he was going to shoot someone who had waved at him as he drove by.
But it turned out he couldnt describe the vehicle to the cops.

He got a short vacation at the state hospital.

#17 ·
We have a bit of a problem with it here. Theft is a real problem associated with it. One of the biggest problem is that they usually only come out at night (just like zombies, I think you are onto something there) and when everyone else is sleeping they go to work.

One thing I have found out about them (I have 3 younger brothers who have been in and out of it) is that they are extremely paranoid. If you are known to have firearms and a security system and you let it be known they will be shot on sight, they tend to believe you and look for easier pickings.

I had a tweeker show up on my place one day and I came out on the porch with a tactical shotgun in hand. His eyes got huge and the first thing out of his mouth "OH, I'm sorry, I didn't think anyone was home." That was a mistake. I made it very clear he was never to set foot on my property again or else. Well it was not but a few weeks later that I had a buddy tell me that it was all over town not to show up at my place or you would get shot.

Apparently that shotgun looked really mean. LOL

#20 ·
We have a serious problem here. Local county constabulary are overwhelmed, undermanned and under funded. The good part is when a meth head is found along side the road, no questions are asked, no investigations performed.
They have relocated to the rural areas because of the privacy they need for their "cooking". The fumes kill the downwind trees rather quickly, so it easy to locate them from the air. Problem is, our county LEO's don't have the resources necessary to for a sustained effort.

#142 ·
What if you live in the woods,the local constabulary is not only aware of the many meth labs but some of the deputies have got caught using the drug or seen making drug buys that never result in an arrest.It goes on for so many years that the meth heads actually form a drug ring with theft rampant and many deaths attributed to murder/suicide.If you try to keep them off your property or get help for the situation your big dogs get poisoned or shot,locked gates and field fence with 3 strands of barbwire,razor,constantina wire doesn't keep them out.You get pics of them on a game camera but the sheriff can't see anything although you see them with camo clothing,baseball cap turned backward and holding a flashlight.

#26 ·
That is one reason I'm so curious about the subject. I'm in suburbia, but also want to make plans for a secondary retreat ahead of time. It makes me sad to visit areas that used to be pretty country homes and small farms, now it's the occasional monster custom home and a lot of junky trailer houses....it's one extreme or the other. When you see a trailer park in a rural area with more than 10 dwellings, that is a big red flag. Rural life is not what it used to be and before I buy property I will be sure to do a "meth test" of sorts for the immediate area.

#29 ·
Reality check....put down the remote control - Zombies are fiction - Meth addicts are living people with souls. Lord knows if I wanted to I could open my front door right now and with one shotgun blast hit several tweakers. Thats called first degree murder.

Not going to disagree that they can sometimes be confused with the walking dead. Meth is a huge problem where I live. Last meth fire was saturday night one block away. Now that lab is down, people with no transport who live here and were buying there, are going to add to our already high crime rate. Post SHTF, will be a wakeup call for some of them, the rest will quickly get themsleves killed in any variety of stupid ways. One way would be to try and enter my home, THEN I protect myself. Otherwise to each his own.

#42 · (Edited)
Zombies that I'm talking about are real . People who unprepared who will show at my door and your's look for food and water because they never think anything bad will happen . See Zombies are real meth heads are just a different kind . I have a feeling we will a see lot Zombies in the up coming years. best wishs

#31 ·
Sounds like things are about the same all over the country.Around here there is a massive meth problem.Also prescription pills are big time too.Aside from the blitzed tweakers everywhere there is the problem of thefts.Anything metal around these parts not tied down is on it's way to the scrap yard....Bad economy and a meth habit is good for the scrap dealers.

#33 ·
#34 ·
Its unfortently removed of youtube but Louis Theroux has a very good documentary`s, one of them is called " The City Addicted to Crystal Meth ".

Very disturbing and worth watching.

EDIT: I found it!

http://watchdocumentary.com/watch/t...rystal-meth-video_57d94ccae.html#.TfqBvVvf3C8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_Addicted_to_Crystal_Meth

I have a friends who are ex addict`s! Kind and humble people, but you can NEVER trust an addict, you ex addicts know this!
When everything comes down to basic, you will do what ever it takes to get that fixed! Even if you have to leave your child in the snow! On drugs you are a zombie! Stop with the excuses, they fall for deaf ears!

#36 ·
These guys destroy whole comunities. I wouldnt raise my kids in any community that shows signs of a serious meth problem. What this drug does to people is horrifying to watch worse to live around.

Its a big reason I am aposed to lelgalizing ALL drugs even though its against the constitution for it to be illegal in the first place.

What this drug does to people phyically is bad enough. Will. Make a 30 year old look 50 with missing teeth and all. I had an employee who is a heavy meth user **** himself on the job.

The worst thing about the drug is what it does to peoples mind. They fantasies the most outlandish crap and believe it. Unfortunately they can't stop themselves from speaking about it.

I stay away from that crap and people who do it. I helped1 family member get off of it and she will be the last. Its just not worth it to me and the rest of my family.

So I go with double tap in a shtf

#38 ·
It doesnt really take a full lab to make meth anymore, lots of people are making it with store bought products you can mix in a couple of two liter soda bottles. Ive heard of people mixing it out of the trunk of their car, shake and bake. Doesnt really give the athorities any room to hunt them down as its over and done and their gone.

Ed

#59 ·
this is a myth, what happens are the cooks split up the process and only preform one step at a time and pass the next step on to a different person to do in a different local. this is even more dangerous, but less risky at being caught. as far as truck of a car... ive seen portable labs in back packs, labs in small conversion vans, hotels and motels. hot plates in camp grounds, you name it. as long as there is profit there will be cooks. the real danger comes from the cooks who dont know what they are doing, and are users them selves, those are the ones who blow themselves up.

#44 ·
An addict is an addict. Once the ingredients for meth dry up, they`ll just find somthing else to fry their brains with. The way you know their is meth in your area is watch for the surge in thefts. And like a previous post said, they come out at night. They will steal the A/C unit right off the side of your house! Cut the lines and straight to the scrap yard.

They also like to strip out any vacant homes, which we have plenty of around here. I mean everything! Copper plumbing, electrical wiring & fixtures, aluminum siding. There are more than a few trailers around here that have been totally "skinned" of their siding!
Guess they love that scrap metal cause its cash and no questions where you got it. And anytime you hear a house burned you think, yeah, they were cookin. Sad

#45 ·
The tweakers around here have already found their next high, I guess they do it when there is no meth. They call it robotrippng. They tie a rag around the neck of the robotussin bottle and can actually spin out the stuff they need, they skim this off and mix it with alcohol. We got the shake n bake labs too. Favorite place to do this seems to be the mall parking lot between 2 cars. Cops find several every day. Anyone know about koolaid (as it applies to drugs)? Low quality heroin mixed with sugar sold in straws stapled shut at both ends. We are starting to see a lot of that now here too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.