Survivalist Forum banner

Titan 1 Missile Complex for sale :)

26K views 39 replies 37 participants last post by  catmando 
#1 ·

This is a decommissioned military Titan 1 missile complex that is being listed as a potential residential property and it's for sale for $3.5 million in Othello, WA (about 3 hours east of Seattle). That’s the "front door" in the photo above, which is a two-ton hatch that leads down six flights of stairs to a network of subterranean rooms and tunnels that all connect to a 125-ft diameter "superdome" with a 65-ft ceiling. According to Windermere real estate agent Kelvin Wallin, 18 Titan 1 missile sites were built during the years 1959-1962 between Colorado and Washington state. This one has three underground missile silos that measure 160-ft deep and 40-ft wide. According to Wallin, this site can withstand and survive any nuclear blast. Twenty years ago, a man purchased this property from the government and intended to turn it into a youth camp, but he died before he could realize his dream. Enjoy your own private well, generator power, and live off the grid. Not much curb appeal, but this beauty was built to last!

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...-WA-99159/2131354267_zpid/#hdp-photo-lightbox

See less See more
#11 ·
They say it could withstand any nuclear strike... but I'd still be a bit worried, because there's probably still a few foreign nukes aimed at precisely that exact spot...

My luck, the strike would just melt the door(s) closed, and I'd be trapped down there forever.

#16 ·
The holes/command centers for these pigs were awesome.

When stationed in Denver, they had already pulled the birds and turned the holes over to a contractor for stripping, etc. He hired a lot of us, from the base to work part time demilillig.

If IIRC you made as much in a few days working for the contractor then you made as a one striper in a month...Should have told me something.

The other base, in Calf. was about 3 years later.
The Birds were also already pulled and part of my job was to sort thru all the storage cans to determine what was actually in there...Lot of fun.

The best part was that our bomb/attack shelter was the underground command and control center for the three missiles in the area and on base.

Sucker was huge...ramps big enough to drive trucks down, copper wiring as big around as your wrist, and to my shame, huge amounts of short wave equipment...I really didn't understand how useful it could be at that point...It had tubes for cripes sake.

Anyway lots of other stuff and fun to prowl around in....Worth the price mentioned, even stripped.

#25 ·
Always was intrigued by the one in Sarance Lake, NY and there is another in Lewis, NY that a guy wants to turn into a night club (Google search online) I think the idea is pretty cool, and at one time there was a rumor that these had gold wiring in the command center to ensure that when a button was pushed, something did something. If this was the case they would be worth tearing apart just for the gold wiring (computers back then were a lot larger than they are today), but I can only imagine now that if those rumors were true it might be worth investing, if you were a millionaire. LOL

#33 ·
ONE BIG PROBLEM>>>>>>>
To many people know the location, and if you buy it, believe me there will be enough word of mouth that when SHTF, you will have plenty of folks come around. Its not going to be a pretty site and some may have weapons more powerful then you and take over.
Go off the grid in private and away from any place that is well known. It just may save your life.

Reactions: Watchingtheweasels
#35 ·
Sorry No trees and I would not even consider it. I paln on living knowmatter what. But living without being in the woods to me is not living at all. I will stay in my forest and let the treeless areas to others who like that sort of thing. And for those who say theres a tree int he pic its not a tree unless its over 100 feet high to us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.