Survivalist Forum banner

12 ga. coach gun..... questions

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  SeekHer 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions I am sure some one can answer for me about my new 12 ga. Stoegar coach gun. 1. which bbl. mod. and which one imp. cyl? 2. Which trigger for which bbl.? 3. "Chambered for 3" is that for 3" mags? Thanks for any and all input on these questions :) stay safe, mjmcdowell

#6 ·
Chambered for 3" probably does mean that the firearm is indeed chambered for 3" magnums- but if it is a new firearm it should have come with a manual which will say definetively.

I have never used anything other than the standard 2-3/4" shells- they do eveything that i ask of them, and i KNOW that they will be safe in any 12ga that i choose to use them out of.

My suggestion to you is that if you are unsure as to what type of 12ga shell your gun will take, stick with the 2-3/4" shells. They will do the job and probably wont make your gun explode. :)

also, on my double trigger SxS the front trigger shoots the right hand barrel, and the back shoots the left. I think this is standard, but it is easy to find out.

#7 ·
Chambered for 3" probably does mean that the firearm is indeed chambered for 3" magnums- but if it is a new firearm it should have come with a manual which will say definetively.

I have never used anything other than the standard 2-3/4" shells- they do eveything that i ask of them, and i KNOW that they will be safe in any 12ga that i choose to use them out of.

My suggestion to you is that if you are unsure as to what type of 12ga shell your gun will take, stick with the 2-3/4" shells. They will do the job and probably wont make your gun explode. :)

When it comes to shot shells, magnum is a reference to a heavier pellet payload. NOT how powerful the shell is. "High Velocity" is the moniker given to more powerful loads, as the name implies. "High Velocity Magnum" is a hybrid of the two. Most magnum loads are less powerful than the standard equivalent. They just have a higher pellet count. They won't make your gun explode if regular shells don't.

#10 ·
But higher pressures will still be created by this; which could be dangerous in a gun that is not rated for use with 3" shells.

#8 ·
The left is the more open constriction and controlled by the rear trigger...

3" means that it will take any size shell up to and including 3" BUT nothing longer...

3" usually denotes a magnum loading but that isn't always the case--it could mean that there is just more room for more pellets over the same powder charge...

#9 ·
Hey! aww I got mentioned! ANYWAY......in answer to your question the regular Coach Guns do not have mods for chokes. The Coach Gun Supreme does and of course the Uplander does. Everyone here is right as far as the triggers go. Right-Front trigger, Left-Back trigger. You can pull both at once with no effort (just a good recoil!). I have fired 3" mags out of it but only once. It will however take 2 3/4 shells and slugs just fine. Better to safe then sorry. The stopping power of TWO 2 3/4" shotshells out of a SXS at the same time is enough to stop just anything :) Anyway, I have a video of me shooting "George's" Coach Gun that can also help you with the manual ejection of the shells. Congrats on the pruchase!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DUKEBOOTY14#p/a/u/0/an0agWscpC0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.