Survivalist Forum banner

Blown away

5K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Borrowed time 
#1 ·
Well first off thanks to all the people in the forum that suggested the Becker BK2. I got mine in the male today, and i have to say. You guys said it was a tank, and i was expecting a really awesome knife. This thing blows away those expectations. This knife is insane. I couldnt be happier.

#19 ·
OMGoodness the first nine or so posts in this thread were
so full of WIN (whether on purpose or not)! I was LingMAO!
I think the title of this thread is ideal: "Blown away"

Huh? .....:)
He said he was excited.:D:
Wow! Just went and looked up the BK2. I want one of those!!!
You got it in the MALE???? WOW!!! Did it hurt???
i didnt say which male.. so it didnt hurt me
Yea the weight is my only complaint
i peplaced my screws with stianless hardware and locking nuts!
Just wondering, do any current/previous BK2 owners think the knife is too thick?

It seems everyone loves the BK2 and it's indestructibility but I'm just wondering how 'practical' it is. Does it really pay to have a 5.5" blade that's a 1/4" thick? I've almost pulled the trigger several times on this knife. Perhaps some further insight will help...
Unless you plan to pry up manhole covers or chop with it the blade thickness is overkill.It is way to thick to process meat or a number of lighter chores.It's very cool if thats your thing though.

#13 ·
Just wondering, do any current/previous BK2 owners think the knife is too thick?

I've been debating the last few months on what new knife to buy and I'm having trouble on settling somewhere between 1/4" and 1/8" blade thickness. It seems everyone loves the BK2 and it's indestructibility but I'm just wondering how 'practical' it is. Does it really pay to have a 5.5" blade that's a 1/4" thick? I've almost pulled the trigger several times on this knife. Perhaps some further insight will help...

#15 ·
It is perfect if you want a knife that chops like a small hatchet but still cuts like a knife. You can clean fish with it, prepare a meal, build stuff etc (been there done that). If one knife is all I could bring I would take the Becker Bk2, no doubt. It is, however, heavy and if you intend to bring a hatchet you can leave it at home to save weight and bring a smaller knife instead.

#17 · (Edited)
I have other knives than the Becker, but they cannot do everything like the bk2. I use, apart from the bk2, a combination of knives depending on what I intend to do.
I use for example:

A fällkniven F1 + a hatchet for camping (being outdoors for more than a week)
A Leuku/puukko double knife + Leatherman core for fishing trips (not intending to spend a night outdoors)
A Sissipuukko + a Victorinox Forester for berry picking, hunting (not intending to spend a night outdoors)

#22 ·
^^^ This times a thousand! I fancied myself a decent tacticle/survival knife collector with a nice collection. I bought my first Esee-4 and it became the "girl" i took to the prom every time i went camping and hunting. Now i added an Esee-6 and i find all my other knives to have been a sad waste of money and pride. i find no need to stray from my affair with Esee, it has ruined me for all other knives..... Not sure why i bother to subscribe to "Tacticle Knife" magazine anymore either unless there be a rare article about a new Esee.......

I would sell most of my collection just to get an Izula and a Junglas. life is indeed bitter-sweet.....:( :D: :( :D: :( :D:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.