Survivalist Forum banner

Shortwave listening guide.

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  bounder 
#1 ·
I read these posts saying we should have a shortwave radio for information. I know a lot of good news & info is available......out there.....somewhere.....
But I can't find it. All I find is foreign languages & radio-vangelists.
I think we could benefit from a list of programs that would be beneficial to us.
IMHO this list should have the basic content of the program and the name of the host or on-air personality along with the time of broadcast and the frequency to tune to.
So tell me, who do you listen to on shortwave & where do you find them ?

(anybody want to build a spreadsheet?)

#5 ·
For those who don't have shortwave and possibly do not know about Alex Jones here is his main site > www.infowars.com

I have heard Steve Quayle, the American Freedom Network and various others on shortwave. I get all kinds of radio stations high up on my mtn retreat in southern Wyoming.

I cannot remember all the numbers of those stations but I am sure others might tell and one can google shortwave radio listings

#6 ·
Here is the American Freedom Network which looks like they changed their name > www.americanewsnet.com

for any who might want to listen on their computer. They used to be more radical in the 1990's but now have a lot of health shows, news talk, reiigious to politics which can be interesting. I don't listen too much anymore to radio since I spend too much time on the internet. But I mainly listen to radio on my remote mtn retreat in the summer and fall.

#7 ·
Passport to World Band Radio. It's like the TV Guide of the shortwave bands, telling you what's on, where, and when, in English or otherwise. Which can be pretty useful when you're scanning the bands, come across something that makes you go "W?!? T?!? F?!???", and you want to know what in the world you're listening to. A new edition comes out every year, and you can get a copy from Amazon or here (http://www.passband.com/). It's also full of ways to get the most out of your radio...

(I'd offer suggestions, but don't know what you're looking for. I'm having more luck getting info on Haiti from the internet than over shortwave.)

#8 ·
Here is Steve Quayle's site with his info, internet listening & shortwave info for any who are interested > http://www.stevequayle.com/index1.html and www.survive2thrive.net

I know many don't like Steve or Alex and think they are nuts but they are interesting if nothing else. Not sure what else to post. Many old ones such as Norm Resnick, Bo Gritz and some other short wave guys have left, died such as Norm and even disappeared. Bo Gritz might still be around with his show somewhere on the radio...

#9 ·
http://www.wwcr.com/

Go here...they are out of nashville, Tn.

"WWCR has four 100,000 Watt, state of the art, transmitters which serve the world on 10 different broadcasting channels. Together our transmitters provide over 400 religious and talk programs direct from Nashville, Tennessee, USA, to a global audience."

Lots of programming on various channels that, at least here, fade in and out based on time of day, atmospheric conditions, antenna/transmitter changes.

#11 ·
Alex Jones is a paranoid schizophrenic, and I wouldn't give him more than a minute's attention.

But if you wanna hear some shiot and have patience, tune into 2200 khz upper side band to hear some real life and death action at sea. I used to work this on a daily basis and once heard a ship sinking off the coast of Africa from the eastern seaboard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.