Survivalist Forum banner

AR on a budget

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  logartist 
#1 ·
I thought about putting this here since I had a conversation going already, but decided a new thread would be better.

As far as I can tell, this is one of the best ways to get a decent AR on a budget:

Slick Guns - Rifle Deals

Palmetto State Armory seems to offer the best deals right now (and has been for a while). For example:

16" M4 CMV Chrome-Lined Premium Rifle Kit for $499

and

PTAC 16" M4 1:7" 5.56 NATO SS12G2 Blackhawk! Rifle Kit for $499

The first kit comes with everything but a lower receiver and a rear sight. The second is the same, but leaves out the front sight, too. Blemished lower receivers from Aero Precision are $75. 2 30 round Magpul magazines will run you 25 bucks or so. Throw in a Magpul rear sight for $45 and you've got yourself a fully functional rifle with two 30 round mags for $650 + shipping.

The only caveat is that you do need some tools to assemble the thing. Punches, soft mallet, stock wrench, etc. If you can't use a friend's you'll have to buy them. But this is a survival forum so I expect most everyone will want to have that stuff if they're going to own an AR anyway, even if they buy them fully-assembled.

See less See more
#6 ·
I don't have anything budgeted for an AR but if I did I'd be looking at the PSA deals. I think I saw the same $400 kit you guys did a couple weeks ago. Premium rifle kit, I think they call it.

I wish PSA offered a similarly priced kit for a 14.7 pinned lightweight carbine length, I'd be all over it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.