Survivalist Forum banner

Gun confiscation in America?

14K views 94 replies 38 participants last post by  mtncharlie 
#1 ·
#8 ·
That has nothing to do with Obama, his administration or the white house. That's all state legislature. California has all ways sucked when it has came to gun laws and a lot of other things. What you are talking about has been going on waaaaay before the Obama era.

Here in Oklahoma our gun rights are being expanded. We will be allowed to open carry in November.

#12 ·
That has nothing to do with Obama, his administration or the white house. That's all state legislature. California has all ways sucked when it has came to gun laws and a lot of other things. What you are talking about has been going on waaaaay before the Obama era.

Here in Oklahoma our gun rights are being expanded. We will be allowed to open carry in November.
I understand Kali politics, I've lived here all my life. Ask any of our Gun organizations how they rate OBAMA and his liberal backers on gun rights. Look at his Illinios / Chicago record and who he gets support from. You think the Obama admin supports what is going on in your state of OK? Have you heard of Fast and Furious and what its intent was? You really going to say Obama is a supporter of the 2nd amendment?

#45 ·
I know that that article was from Oct 2009. And every 4-6 weeks it makes another round through out the interweb gossip network.
I just got sent to me via email 2 days ago. Again. That makes about 50 times I have received it.
I think that it is a non-issue.

Al

Reactions: Old dude and AK15-T
#7 ·
I'm more worried firearm restrictions then just overall confiscation. Because of the second amendment which is a founding part of our bill of rights i can't see any legal government actually taking guns away from the people.

What i worry about is right now they are trying to ban assault rifles. Ok, maybe that passes. Then 20 years down the road they say, "you know, nobody really needs 50 cal weapons, thats over kill, lets move to ban those too". Alright fine. 20 more years go buy and they say, there is no reason to have anything larger than 40 cal. 9mm and smaller is all that is really necessary for anyone to protect themselves. Ok... 20 more years pass, "actually hand guns seem to be the majority of most crime out there, lets ban those too in order to stop gang violence, people can still use rifles and shotguns to protect their home".

Before you know it, a 100 years from now we still have the second amendment allowing us to have guns but the only guns available to civilians are 22 bolt action rifles. They never confiscated a single gun, they simply just choked the supply line of what you can legally get.

Even though banning assault weapons might make some sense to some people, i'm completely against it not for what it is... but for what it could lead to. A gun ban cannot happen, however trickery like this would probably already be occurring today if not for organizations like the NRA.

#10 ·
I'm not an American but I have heard stories of how guns have been taken from law biding people in an emergency. If the shtf government goons could go door to door looking for your guns. Others have strongly disagreed with me on this point saying that there are too many guns and too many doors to kick in but it has happened in localized areas in the not too distant past.

#13 ·
I guarantee you that Obama, if given a second term, will make some sort of a move,however big or small, on either the types of guns(assault rifles/handguns) that civilians can own or on the attainment process of all guns(making it much harder to buy a new gun). He and the rest of the democrats simply do not care about our rights, just look at their entirely unconstitutional 'affordable healthcare act'.

#14 ·
Are you aware this article is from 2009?

This is soooo old news. Obama has supported this treaty since he was a senator.

They won't even bring it up for a vote in the senate because they know it has no chance in hell of ever passing. And being an election year, don't count on Obama pushing the point.

I'm not saying there is nothing to worry about, but this issue is not high on anyone's radar, at least not anyone outside the Tin Foil Hat Patrol.

#26 ·
You can't talk out of both sides of your *ss.On one hand you say "I'm not saying there is nothing to worry about" and in the same sentence you go on to say" at least not anyone outside the tinfoil hat patrol.So which side is it?

Oh by the way thanks for pointing obvious.I know what year it was from I posted the link remember:rolleyes:Like I said before I was just wondering if anyone else heard anything more about this since then.

#25 ·
Obama questions and answers on gun control. this is old, but like I said he's taken no side in the issue. This is 2008.

http://www.issues2000.org/2012/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual’s right to bear arms?
A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.
Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns?
A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals don’t have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.

Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok

Q: You said recently, “I have no intention of taking away folks’ guns.” But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you’ve said that it’s constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?
A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it’s important for us to recognize that we’ve got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people’s traditions.
Source: 2008 Politico pre-Potomac Primary interview , Feb 11, 2008

Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing

Q: When you were in the state senate, you talked about licensing and registering gun owners. Would you do that as president?
A: I don’t think that we can get that done. But what we can do is to provide just some common-sense enforcement. The efforts by law enforcement to obtain the information required to trace back guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers. As president, I intend to make it happen. We essentially have two realities, when it comes to guns, in this country. You’ve got the tradition of lawful gun ownership. It is very important for many Americans to be able to hunt, fish, take their kids out, teach them how to shoot. Then you’ve got the reality of 34 Chicago public school students who get shot down on the streets of Chicago. We can reconcile those two realities by making sure the Second Amendment is respected and that people are able to lawfully own guns, but that we also start cracking down on the kinds of abuses of firearms that we see on the streets.

#31 ·
From your own post.... this Obama quote doesn't bother you? "But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it".

You don't see a connection between Obama, Holder, Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Harry Reid, etc, etc? They have your best gun interests? The only reason they haven't done more is because WE have not let them. That is the ONLY reason.

#28 ·
I'm not a huge Obama fan, but I haven't seen anything from him giving a sign what he thinks. I've bought/sold/traded at least 20 firearms since I turned 21.

#30 ·
I've never heard of Brady, or how he is affiliated with Obama. I could talk to Fox news and say he's trying to take all of our guns.

#35 ·
Again, we have to think like those in power do. It's all about power and money to them. So do they want our guns? No. They know that it doesn't matter what you outlaw. They ain't that stupid. what they are after is making more people criminals. The more people within the criminal system means more money for them. And it also allows them to add more people to the standing army that is hidden in plain sight.

#37 ·
The Brady Bunch is hardly a threat. They're like rabid vegans; they'll talk your ear off about what they know is "right" and expect you to fall in line and obey, but they haven't converted anybody that wasn't already on that path to begin with. If there was to be only two opposing parties in the gun war, the NRA vs the Brady Bunch... well then we'd have nothing to worry about and OC and CC would be just fine anywhere and everywhere. Sadly that isn't the extent of the situation as the government has been given some delusion that they allow things, not just disallow them.

And to be completely fair, and with the preamble that I have no love for Obama so this is not in his defense, but half of the people in politics have half as less an idea where their campaign contributions are coming from. It's just raining money up in there, and that's all that matters. Anywho. Come to New Mexico, open carry is alive and well here, and there are some cases in progress attempting to open up conceal to the level of our neighbors over in Arizona.

#38 ·
Gentlemen, do not forget history. I know that Obama has not tried to pass any gun legislation yet, but there is a very good reason for that. After Clinton got beat up in the 1994 election he blamed the NRA for the congressional and senate losses. He learned that passing the assault weapons ban really hurt him politically, I think Obama has learned this lesson and will wait until his second term before passing any anti gun legislation.

I do believe that treaties of this kind are a threat to our second amendment rights. We need to be watchman on the tower on these issues and call them out for what they are. We will be fine for now, but I have my doubts if Obama is reelected.

#42 ·
where have you been, "No one is going to take your Guns"...........Really.

Well, When Martial Law goes into effect, which I believe will occur, around the 2012 London Oylmpic's in Late July....!

Now with "All" of Our Troops been deployed oversea's , to over ( 777 ) Military Bases, not to mention ( 7 ) Countries, that we are in conflict with.

Plus the fact, they just opened up a New Military Base in Darwin, Australia, where 20,000 to 30,000, the normal capcity for any Military Base.

Not Mention, "Most" of our Troops, that were around Weapons, are dying from exposure to Depleted Uranium Munitions.

In other words, they aren't coming to our Aid....!

The United Nations Troops have a Blood Oath , that if any American Citizen, Fails to turn his weapon over to the proper Authories, they will be "Fired On"....!

Don't Tell, anyone that they can"t & won't Take your Firearms....

You are in for a soon to be awakening.......

May God Have Mercy On Us .......

#70 ·
Due to budget cost I don't see a gun grab anytime soon in Kali. Kali can barely afford to put gas in their city vehicles. Gov Brown is even talking about cutting welfare benefits (about time). We are actually making headway in California in pro-gun ways. But yeah, we need to be vigilant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.