Survivalist Forum banner

Hi point 9mm or 380?

13K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  ThomasWarr 
#1 ·
Me and the wife like both they are both the same exact size etc but one is cheaper than the other in price. What is the difference?

#6 ·
9mm is 9mmx19mm onthe case .380 is 9mmX17 MM both shoot a projectile that is .356" in Diameter witht he heavier bullets available in 9mm. 380 is a challenge to find for the last few months... dollar for dollar i believe a 9mm for a all around,is a better buy, from the ammo side of the house....

#7 ·
The Hi-Point C-9 is rated to fire +P+ 9x19mm Get a box of two of Hornady defensive +P+ Hollow Point ammo for serious work and a couple of boxes of white box full metal jacket at wally world for practice. The Hi-Point pistol will feel and recoil different from most 9x19mm shooting pistols as it is a blowback and has a heavy slide to handle the 9mm luger cartridge. I have one and have found it to reliable thought it is not my first choice it is affordable and gets one usable pistol if financial considerations are a factor. After you get the pistol save up a couple of bucks and look at getting a 995 Hi-Point carbine in 9x19mm to give you usable carbine and bunny bopper. With a couple of extra mags and some +P+ ammo you would already have for the pistol you would have a usable defensive set up.

#13 ·
I own the C9. I would go with the 9mm, since it's the most common handgun ammo type in the world, and of course, it's stronger than a 380.
My wife likes shooting the C9 quite a bit. It's not too powerful for even a small woman. The gun itself is heavy as hell though. It weighs almost as much as my 10/22.

#14 ·
everyone else i talk to loves there, im thinking mine has just never fired right, bad at hanging jams, i've had it apart and cleaned, even checked for burs and nothing. I hang onto it because its the first gun i bought when i turned 18 lol. and in case i need to arm one of my survival buddies before they get what ever weapon they want lol. no such thing as a spare gun, only too few friends.

#15 ·
All good advice on why to choose the 9mm over the .380. In a gun that size, the difference in recoil is nothing. A 9mm is easily manageable. The 9mm is quite a bit more effective though. It's also a lot cheaper and easier to find. In fact, right now because of the popularity of .380 pocket pistols, it's one of the hardest to find and expensive cartridges.

Beepx22, try a different magazine. A lot of the jams are the magazine's fault. If that corrects the problem, compare the two magazines, and you might see where you can adjust the problematic one to make it work right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.