Survivalist Forum banner

Foods that kill viruses and bacteria

70K views 46 replies 28 participants last post by  Justme11 
#1 ·
Apple cider vinegar and a raw egg every morning will prevent colds, and flu's

Just put a raw egg in a glass and two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in with it, and drink that down as is, each morning.

If you have already contracted a cold or flu, put two teasoons of vinegar in a small glass of water and mix in a teaspoon of honey.

The secret is the acid reaction in the blood stream. Vinegar and honey help put your body back into a acidic state, that is hostile to viruses and bacteria.

Other drinks that help this are grape juice, apple juice and cranberry juice.

Do not have citrus juices when you have a cold, they cause your body to go into and alkaline state, which is conducive to viruses and bacteria.

Red meat and too much meat in general will also put your body into an alkaline state, so if you are sick, stay off the meat awhile. Eat apples and grapes instead.

The lesson is learned from the vagina. The vagina has a PH of between 3.8-4.5, so it is acid, and hostile to viruses and bacteria. Problems occur when the vagina goes neutral or alkaline, and viruses and bacteria go crazy. An alkaline vagina is a sick vagina.

So keep your body in a acid state with your diet.

One way of purging a cold is to make up a glass of three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, one teaspoon of honey and two drops of Iodine solution.

The Iodine solution is called LUGOL'S solution, a drugist will make it for you in no time. Its 5% Iodine and 10% Potassium Iodide. A 15 ml bottle will last years for one person.

A healthy body has 8 drops of Iodine in it, so don't over do it. You will know that you have taken too much Iodine, because it makes your nose run like water, so take two drops when you are sick, and one drop a month with your vinegar and honey.

Potassium and Sodium Balance

This is very important. Today people eat way too much salt or sodium. Sodium is just a poor replacement for Potassium. Apple cider vinegar has the balance of Potassium and sodium just right, so having vinegar daily will stop an over supply of sodium that weakens your immune.

Potassium is the most important mineral, ask any natural health or folk medicine person and they will tell you this. It is by far and away the most important.

Potassium for your nervous system, skin, internal organs, muscles, bones, blood vessels, you name it Potassium is vital to it.

What happens today is that people replace Potassium with sodium, and thats when health takes a drive, because sodium like I said is a poor substitute for Potassium. Sodium occupies the same space that Potassium would, but it does not do what Potassium does.

Apple Cider Vinegar, and honey have loads of Potassium in them. If you have a running nose from a cold a large dose of Potassium will stop the nose from running, and dry the excess of mucus.

Potassium is a thirsty mineral in the body. When your cells absorb it, they take in more water. The water comes from your mucus linings first, thats why after vinegar and honey, runny noses dry up.

Mucus can act as an incubator for many viruses and bacteria, so loading up on potassium will dry up the mucus, thus denying the pathogens to be haboured in the lungs and sinuses.

Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Chlorine, Sodium, Sulfur, Copper, Iron, Silicon, Fluorine, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Provitamin beta-carotene, Vitamin P, you get these vitamins and trace minerals in Apple Cider Vinegar each time you have it.

Combine that with honey and you get most of the minerals and vitamins your body needs in two glasses a day. Its a natural food thats easy for your body to absorb, in natural food form.

The Japanese secret is seaweed consumption to get the vital minerals, but in the West we have had Apple Cider Vinegar to get our minerals. As the naturapaths say, if you can't eat seaweed have Apple cider vinegar instead.

Apple cider Vinegar has been with us for well over 3000 years, it is still used today for the same reasons it was used in the beginning, to prevent and fight diseases.

See less See more
#11 ·
If you are in an alkaline reaction you are sick. No one with a cold, flu, malaria or any other disease has an acid reaction, sick people are in an alkaline state usually.

Just get that point first off.

Secondly Vinegar has all the minerals in balance, including calcium, so no people won't get brittle bones and die. The potassium/calcium balance is vital to strong bones, and vinegar is proven to strengthen bones.

Red meat puts your body in an acidic state, not alkaline.
Ok, go eat a big steak and then litmus test your PH, then come tell me you are in a acid state. Its not going to happen mate.

So, avoid the acid. Drink a few cups of green tea a day to help alkalize your body.
Hows that for bad advice.

* Osteoporosis, weak, brittle bones, hip fractures, bone spurs and calcium deposits
Apple cider Vinegar cures these conditions.

Weight and fat gain, obesity, insulin disorders, and diabetes
Vinegar has recently been proven to cause weight loss in the obese, and is a treatment for insulin resistance, and diabetes.

* Higher blood pressure
Honey lowers blood pressure, proven fact.

* Cardiac and vascular damage, including the constriction of blood vessels, clogged arteries, clots, & weakened veins.
Vinegar softens artery walls, and heals scaring, and strengthens veins.

* A compromised immune system
* Increased stress
* Neurological Diseases: MS, ALS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's
* Auto-immune disorders: Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Shogrens
I don't know how you made this up.

* Acceleration of free radical damage, possibly contributing to cancerous mutations
Apple cider vinegar is loaded with antioxidants. It is specifically given to destroy free radicals.

* Liver, Bladder and Kidney conditions, including kidney and gallstones
* Premature aging, frequent headaches, sinusitis, constipation, hemorrhoids
* Osteoarthritis, joint pain, aching muscles and lactic acid buildup
* Hormonal imbalances, Prostate problems and adult acne
* Low energy and chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, acid indigestion and flatulence
Apple Cider Vinegar helps with a well functioning metabolism; Reducing cholesterol (the dangerous LDL cholesterol type); Regulating the water content in the cells and body; Reducing water retention in the body; Reducing excess sodium from the body; Helps with regulating blood pressure; Assists in preventing circulatory problems, Helps with diminishing premature calcification of the arteries; Helps increase concentration and memory; Assists in blood circulation, body temperature as well as vitality and energy.

Don't go giving people such terrible advice, follow your own bad advice by all means however.

#12 ·
Apple cider vinegar and a raw egg every morning will prevent colds, and flu's
My friend, a doc in hungary, told me cider vinegar is now proven to clean plaque from arteries so I use it.

Tasty foods that destroy bacteria/virus- Ginger and garlic are lab tested as anti viral

#38 ·
Exactly.

Rett:
Blood pH is maintained *very* tightly in the 7.3 to 7.4 range which is not acidic but slightly alkaline. Urine pH is around 6.0 which is acidic. Your statement that you are sick if you have alkaline blood is false as the blood is normally alkaline. If you were somehow able to reduce the pH to neutral or even worse acidic it would mean you are in severe acidosis and without immediate help the body will go into a coma or shut down completely resulting in death.

I'm not sure where your information was obtained and I don't know about every thing stated but the general premise about the body needing an acidic pH is completely false. It's easy to do a search for "healthy body ph" and notice that the results all agree that healthy blood is alkaline.

As HowardRoark already stated... the body has mechanisms to regulate the blood pH level such as bicarbonate or ammonia excretion by the kidneys depending upon whether the blood pH needs to be raised or lowered. You would have a difficult time making a difference in the pH with your diet but a poor diet will cause these mechanisms to work more than they should which puts a lot of stress on the body.

Red meat increases the uric acid levels in the blood. This is especially true of organ meat such as liver.

For your viewing pleasure
http://drbenkim.com/ph-body-blood-foods-acid-alkaline.htm

#20 ·
Heah Rett
Could you list a few references to support the Alkalize is unhealthy?
You make some really good points
I have come to understand that the all American diet is very acidic. What with the coffee, pop and such.
I read a book called Alkalize Or Die By Theodore A. Barody year ago about how meat,wheat, dairy legumes... form acid and open the path way for disease.
Over and over I see "It's suggested that Apple Cider Vinegar has such curative abilities because it causes one's pH levels to become more alkaline."
Of course one can post anything so....I don't know
I have however used and sold Essiac tea (several thousand pounds to date) which as I understand it alkalizes the body. Something I have tested(however accurately) by measuring both saliva and urine. It has been used successfully in support of the body in a wide number of serious diseases.
It's does make me wonder about the whole acid/alkaline concept as the number of return customers doesn't lie.:confused:

#22 ·
has anyone here read Kevin Treadeau's books on 'health cures they do not want you to konw about'

I am reading it now.

I know some think that he is a conman
I know some think he is a saint
I know some who would like to kill him

but I ask myself, if his book is 50 percent truth or fact would it be worth reading.

What if it was only 25 percent truth or fact.

Any way, will keep you posted

later
wayne

#25 ·
I have used apple cider vinegar myself a few times after reading about its many benefits,though I cannot say if I noticed any health benefits myself even if it was inwardly good for me.Hubby swears it cures his indigestion.I understand apple cider vinegar has 'mother' in it,but does anybody know what the difference is then between ordinary vinegar and mother vinegar?I know its meant to have the best bits in it,but would a person get benefits from a few spoons of ordinary vinegar as well?thanks.

#29 ·
the PH in your stomach is 2.0, which is acidic. your body is an acidic environment. any foods/liquids that you ingest, go into the stomach and become 2.0, which is acidic. if you do drink/eat enough to change the PH level in your body, your cells will explode and it would be a pretty horrible death.
Stomach pH varies depending on the food being digested. The stomach releases hydrochloric acid HCL and lowers pH depending upon need. Certain foods require more acid to digest than others (protein for instance) so more HCL is released to lower the Ph when protein is in the digestion tract.

#31 ·
im sure this is true

I am not a chemist not scientist, I am just sick and tired of having bronchitis pnuemonia that has lasted for about a month now. Everyday and night isuffer with not being able to breathe ppropperly and coughing and hacking. I've lost a month of work without pay, and I'm tired. So I googled foods that kill viruses....found the post by Rett. I happened to have braggs organic Apple cider vinegar and honey. Did the solution last night and woke up at least 30-35% better. I did it again when I woke up and voila! Another notches up on the feel good chart. Thank you so much!!:)

#33 ·
I am not a chemist not scientist, I am just sick and tired of having bronchitis pnuemonia that has lasted for about a month now. Everyday and night isuffer with not being able to breathe ppropperly and coughing and hacking. I've lost a month of work without pay, and I'm tired. So I googled foods that kill viruses....found the post by Rett. I happened to have braggs organic Apple cider vinegar and honey. Did the solution last night and woke up at least 30-35% better. I did it again when I woke up and voila! Another notches up on the feel good chart. Thank you so much!!:)
Some people have had good luck with mullein.

#39 ·
Acidity is not where you want body to be. During a code blue situation a 50 ml bolus of sodium bicarbonate is one of the first things given without knowing any labwork because if you are coding you are acidic.

I recently had a spider bite started as a little bump but within a few days it had a necrotic (black) area in the center, had lots of redness and heat. It was definitely growing. As a nurse I hate going to the doctor so I started researching. I made baking soda paste and applied it 2-3 times a day. The healing was fast and quite amazing. After the first time the heat went away. The baking soda is neutralizing the tissue that is acidic from the bite.

Stay toward the alkaline side and you will be healthier.

#45 ·
During a code blue situation a 50 ml bolus of sodium bicarbonate is one of the first things given without knowing any labwork because if you are coding you are acidic.
I wonder if this is unit/hospital/state specific.

I've done a lot of codes -- only at one hospital though -- and I've *never* seen sodium bicarb given, with or without lab work.

Not saying that it's not valid, just at the unit I worked on (tele) I never saw it.

Do you have info on this so I can research it further?

#40 ·
An acid test

In reading Rett's post, I was really surprised of the lack of diligence done on the subject of alkalinity vs acidity in the body. Rett's needs to get out and do some homework. Countless articles on the net and books have been written on this subject.
By nature our bodies tend to lean towards being acidic. Many, many studies have shown and proven that viruses and bacteria thrive in this kind of environment. The more acid the environment, the more these diseases can grow. It is even proven that cancer cells cannot tolerate an alkaline environment above 7.0! Please people, do a little diligence and get educated. HowardRoark is right in his post.

#43 ·
There are many books written on the benefits of getting oneself in a more alkaline state. I fail to see any books written on the benefit of acidity in the body. The tests and facts back this up. Please show the literature and studies on a healthy, acidic body.
Our bodies naturally gravitate towards being acidic because of the processed foods and soda pop we ingest. We were designed to eat more vegetables, which, by the way are for the most part (with some exceptions) alkaline.

Interestingly though, lemons are by nature are very acidic. However, when you ingest the juice, it causes a chemical reaction in the boy and becomes alkaline for the body. Lemons are your best friend and should be used daily in your tea or water. Same with Bragg's Apple Cider-Vinegar. Helps create an alkaline environment which can break colds and flus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.