Survivalist Forum banner

Marlin 70PSS Papoose review

13K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  timmyzinthewell 
#1 ·
I recently aquired a Marlin Papoose in .22lr a while back and finally got around to shooting it. I only fired about 250 rounds of assorted ammunition but results were quite good. I was able to keep most rounds within the size of a quarter at 25 meters using a standing supported firing positon, the trigger was not great but it seems much better than any of my 10/22's out of the factory. The first magazine had a failure to feed but I didn't experience any additional failures. I used the factory 7 and 10 round magazines for testing and I have a Bushnell Banner 1.5-4.5X scope mounted.

I did notice some scope shift after I finished so my next step is to get some sort of scope stop. I will also do further testing to see if/how much the POI changes when removing the barrel. It also disasembles quite easily and I sort of prefer it over the 10/22 for maintenance. Its not that the 10/22 is hard, it just takes a little longer. So far so good, I think it is a great value for the $230 I paid and it seems to be a great portable utility/small game rifle and I would definately recommend it. I will keep you guys informed of further updates...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.